|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Tompozz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tompozz L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Sep 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:22 - 24 Sep 2013 Post subject: A2 first bike |
 |
|
Hello I need some help deciding what bike to get when I pass my A2 test. I currently ride a YBR125 all weather commuting to work, I'm 6ft 3 and weigh 170lbs. Budget is around £1500 - £2500
I can't afford to buy brand new and would like some insight Into whether to buy a more powerful bike and restrict it or get something closer to he 47bhp margin.
I would like something reliable, as I fudged the car off last year. (Peugeot 106 paying 35 times the cars value in insurance) my commute is a few 3 mile long straight roads and a lot of country lanes.
It must be able to sit at 70-75mph without straining, be capable of taking the girlfriend on the back and still having some poke (unlike the ybr), it will be ridden all weather!
I've looked at Kawi er5, honda cb500 /cbf500 yamaha mt 03, sv650 and possibly a drz400. Heard bad things about the gs500, also looked at er6n and versys 650 but these are a bit pricier if it gets dropped!
Any help would be great. Also the extras I could get with the bike, (crash bars exhausts etc). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tompozz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tompozz L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Sep 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tompozz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tompozz L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Sep 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:25 - 25 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
What's your plan for restriction? Actually try your best to comply with the law (but it's essentially impossible to be sure unless you go well under), or obtain a bit of paper that will cover you in the majority of situations?
At your size and two up, I'd suggest going bigger than a 500. CBF600, OK, and Bandits are fine if heavy. Have you looked at the Diversion 600 and Honda Deauville? ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|