Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki RG125 Non Starter Part II

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

DopeB
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:10 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Suzuki RG125 Non Starter Part II Reply with quote

Well good morning people.
Thanks for all the good advice yesterday.

When I got home from work, I took the petrol tank off, got all the old juice out and washed it out with new fuel.
Took the tap off and cleaned the filters.
Filled it up with nice shiny new petrol and stuck a booster pack on the battery.

My bike roared into life Smile

It still doesn't run brilliantly and when I put it in gear and let the clutch out, it stalls.
I need to get the carb off and give it a good clean but rain stopped play last night so I had to abandon the job till tonight.

It's deffinatly looking good though Smile

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:30 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey There Very Happy

Glad to here that youve got it going! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It certanly is looking good, also have a quick look at the gearbox oil and cooling sytem condition (hoses, coolant etc) just so you know all is present and correct before you start thrashing it Twisted Evil .

Cheers, Jonathan Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Re: Suzuki RG125 Non Starter Part II Reply with quote

DopeB wrote:

It still doesn't run brilliantly and when I put it in gear and let the clutch out, it stalls.

two stroke, so its fussy as hell! Razz

let it warm up for a few minutes before attempting any movement, check your spark plugs etc and make sure the battery is well charged.
when letting the clutch out remember lots of supporting revs or it will stall. two strokes have no power at all on the tickover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DopeB
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:18 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I noticed that it needed to be at high(ish revs)
I've been running around on a cub90 for the past year so I haven't really had to bother with anything like that.

It's just a tad scarey to hear the engine screaming after a year of a 4-stroke engine

At 4000 revs it sounds like it wants to explode - but that's probably just me not being used to it

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:36 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 strokes, especially the older ones need a good warm up (with the choke on), if it's been left a while that would explain it too. Just give a good run in and it should be fine after that.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DopeB wrote:

At 4000 revs it sounds like it wants to explode - but that's probably just me not being used to it

just remember that the more it revs the happier it is. just dont go red lining it when cold and the thing will be happy as can be.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1