Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

RSixer03
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:56 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should have called him a drama queen

Talking of drama queens you ought to read this thread!

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27977&sid=78a4701a726a18d31b8cbe2a21a31dd5

Mountain/molehill mean anything.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marc_Buck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:53 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cautions are errased after 5 years or when you are 18, in my case i am 18 next year so 5 years will be longer, so mine will be gone in 4more years. (happened year ago)

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 15:00 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPL_redbaron wrote:
what people don,t realize is that the gases and force produced to propel the bullet still are still present in a blank round, and my self have blown chucks out of breeze block with them.

You should have used bloody BFA's

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:05 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSixer03 wrote:
Quote:
Should have called him a drama queen

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27977&sid=78a4701a726a18d31b8cbe2a21a31dd5

Trust me mate, it didn't feel like a molehill when I saw the raids that were happening on the news and them saying there's an automatic prison sentence of 5 years. Plus the police had my details before I even handed it in.

It was definitely a mountain....but I'm not bothering with anything like that again

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 15:11 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined the forums PrimalCarl and have been reading your story, I've been stuck to the thread for ages - glad it had a happy ending! Karma

Enjoy your holiday mate! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:13 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Fallen Wink

Ickle
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:14 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey Shocked Just read through all that, what a sad state of affairs eh when you can't even defend yourself and then when you realise something you have turns out to be illegal you do the right thing and wham, land up in even more trouble!
Glad sense prevailed and the outcome a goodun Thumbs Up
ZRX61 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

bubbleflap
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:29 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are NOT going to prison. Meh, jack sh*t will happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:53 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think primacarl is so full of shit his eyes are brown?

Cheers mate, don't come looking for sympathy when you find the plod after you

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 11:07 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSixer03 wrote:

Can I ask why you put a link to the thread in the same thread? Confused

Never seen that before. Thinking

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:23 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he thought he was being funny

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 11:56 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

primalcarl wrote:
I think he thought he was being funny

Cue tumbleweed.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad to hear that a bit of common sense by the police has been shown here Clapping

I thought amnesty and all that... remember after the Dunblane shootings? (only 20mins drive from me). They had a period when people could hand in weapons without fear of getting into trouble, now someone does it and almost goes to jail Shocked They pleaded with people to hand in weapons...shows that this country is fubar.

I suppose the moral of the story is don't buy any kind of weapon, as they'll have you for the slightest thing.

What was ever wrong with a 3-foot 2x4 from B&Q???

Mark

RSixer03
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:49 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
could hand in weapons without fear of getting into trouble, now someone does it and almost goes to jail

I would be interested to hear why you think this person almost went to jail?

Lets not get to excited, the guy handed in a illegal weapon, the police wanted to speak to him further, just to make sure he didn't have any other wep's and my guess find out how he obtained it.

End of story! how does that equate to ALMOST going to jail?

Thumbs Up

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:38 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSixer03 wrote:
Quote:
could hand in weapons without fear of getting into trouble, now someone does it and almost goes to jail

I would be interested to hear why you think this person almost went to jail?

Lets not get to excited, the guy handed in a illegal weapon, the police wanted to speak to him further, just to make sure he didn't have any other wep's and my guess find out how he obtained it.

End of story! how does that equate to ALMOST going to jail?

Thumbs Up

What are you on???

RSixer03
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:47 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What are you on???

A chair at the moment?, strange question....... Shocked

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:50 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think you've over-reacted far too much. You won't go to jail for being honest and handing in an illegal weapon to a police station and explaining how you obtained it, why you obtained it and that you've realised it's illegal.. it won't happen, a caution maybe for owning the weapon but they won't send you to jail for it unless you've admitted to using it and they have proof.

I doubt very much that at any point would you have risked jail at all and completely agree with rsixer03.

247biker
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:00 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this forum but have spent some time reading this post. A friend of mine also found himself in a situation like this. He owned a stun gun and didn't know it was illegal but carried it on him as both his brothers had recently been assaulted (seperate incidents). One night home he was randomly searched and they found it. He went to court and was given a community service order, and narrowly missed prison.

Primalcarl you were lucky, and well done Thumbs Up

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 18:48 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

primalcarl wrote:
ZRX61 wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think primacarl is so full of shit his eyes are brown?

Cheers mate, don't come looking for sympathy when you find the plod after you

Why would they do that? firearms etc are legal here...

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:59 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothers me here is that some people are so blind that they don't have the common sense to realise a stun gun would be illegal.

Lets face it, if these were legal they would be far more abundant than they already are. These things hurt so maybe the polic did the right thing, but for somebody not even realising it could be illegal is a bit short sighted to be honest.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:49 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking at a professional site, that is in english, and has no warnings, and sells everything else (paintball guns, airsoft guns, blank firers) you'd have no reason to think this was illegal

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:22 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the fact that you realised it was not in the UK and that the items had to be shipped in? Rolling Eyes

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:43 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise that until it had been delivered and that didn't alarm me as other stuff has come from other countries. I was under the impression that customs checked incoming parcels, and the Police were suprised it got through too.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved at last
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5