Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Buy my 1997 Kawasaki ER5

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dan_flash
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:42 - 17 Nov 2013    Post subject: [FOR SALE] Buy my 1997 Kawasaki ER5 Reply with quote

Unfortunately, my ER5 is for sale.

I had planned on bringing it with me when I moved away but I just can not afford it. Aside from the usuals, the Federal Government here also wants €1500 or something as a one-off foreign-vehicle-import tax.
This is just not on. And it's sad because I really love that bike.

(As an aside, I can't just keep my UK plates on it and ride it back once a year for the MOT - Austrian law doesn't allow it for longer than 3 months if you are a registered resident here.)

But anyway, listen:
It's a 1997 (I think, could even be a 96) Kawasaki ER5. There isn't much else to say about it. It's an ER5.

Bought in Jan 2012 when I passed my Mod 2, ridden solidly every day until 23 Oct 2012 when I moved abroad. Since then it's been stored at my Uncle's garage and he's been starting it regularly, giving it a quick spin around the block, whatever etc.

It is in the North Liverpool area.

No tax or MOT, obviously. A shade under 40,000 miles.

Had zero problems at all, save an ECU-swap and the troubleshooting required to discover the faulty ECU.
Right when I bought it, I also had the usuals done (oill, filter, whatever etc) as well as new chain and sprockets put on, rear suspension sorted out, fork seals, etc.
Apparently the rear bearing is getting sticky so I'd swap that out, although my Uncle says it just needs a proper ride out to loosen it up. Better safe than sorry in my opinion though.

Tatty as fuck and my description here makes it appear shit but it really isn't. It is a cracking motorcycle (though not everyone's cup of tea, granted) and would make a solid winter hack / first 'big bike' / A2 licence rider bike / etc.

£500 would be good, given the above.

PM me, brothers and sisters. Amen.

https://i41.tinypic.com/v5fhgw.jpg
https://i40.tinypic.com/302qog2.jpg
https://i39.tinypic.com/2643n7t.jpg
https://i43.tinypic.com/wrde92.jpg
____________________
Yamaha XJ600S, Volvo v40.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.31 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 29.48 Kb