Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Allow myself to introduce myself.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:13 - 05 Jul 2004    Post subject: Allow myself to introduce myself. Reply with quote

Hi folks,
Just a short introductory post. My names Aaron, I'm from Fife in Scotland. I passed my DAS course/test in April (zero faults!) having previously run about on a JogR 50 and more recently an X9 125 Evo. I picked up my Suzuki GSX600F last weekend and I have to say I'm in love. Smile It's been slagged (most notably by people who haven't ridden one) and called names, but as the sig says "It's not about what you like." I'm approaching biking with an open mind, I hope the same can be said for my Teapot. Very Happy

Cheers!

gtechosting
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 05 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the das, i know fcuk all about bikes but the picture looks nice Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:51 - 05 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cbc-nagoya.co.jp/tv/kirby/image/kirby.gif

just kidding mate Razz

i do actually have a bit of a strange GSX600 fetish, so i wouldnt say no to one

welcome Very Happy
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 18:24 - 05 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board, enjoy the bike (Duh!!!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorryDriver71 wrote:
"Allow myself to introduce myself."

- Classic.

I R FAIL ENGRISH ^_______^

ahem, hello and welcome aboard. i think the GSX gets so much stick as everyone views it as a crappier Gixer rather than looking at it for what it is. I'd love one :
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:07 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning.

Since this lot have been nice to your bike so far can I give it some abuse? No? Oh well.

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:17 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
picked up my Suzuki GSX600F last weekend and I have to say I'm in love. It's been slagged

I don't understand why they took a reasonable looking bike and then spoilt it by sticking strange holes in the fairings. Bring back the old GSX600F Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the GSX600F and the way it looks and would love to own one!

But having sat on the 750 Version today it has a stange riding position.....the gear lever and brake lever are tucked under the fairing abit, and it feels weird, maybe suzuki designed it for people with rickets. Laughing

Anyway mate, welcome to the forum and enjoy ya bike but take it easy though Wink.

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:03 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. Thumbs Up
I see what you mean Craig, about the gears and back brake. It doesn't seem all that prominent to me. Maybe I'm just a bandy legged git. Wink Funny fairing holes and strange bulgey bits make it a 'unique' looking bike though. All for individuality and that. Smile

Leggy_Girl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello and welcome to this lovely lovely site Mr. Green

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:21 - 07 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm enjoying it immensely at the moment. Wink How long have the forums been around? I wish I'd found this place sooner.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1