Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


starting motox

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Aaron675
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 04 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 04 Dec 2013    Post subject: starting motox Reply with quote

I have ridden street bike for years and currently own a 675 daytona. I want to start motox but before I go all in I would like to try it out first. Is there anywhere in the south east that this is possible? I guess im asking if there is a track day for this sort of thing. Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 04 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few places you can give it a go, what do you want to do exactly though?

Enduro Kent in Tunbridge Wells allow you to take your crosser and mess about, if you fancied you can take my 200 EXC round there to "give it a go" or you could just try it on the roads and green lanes, they could be fairly fun on a pokey 2 stroke Laughing

What I would say is I get far more worn out in 10-15 mins of offroading than I do 5 hours of road riding Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 04 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also depends how far you want to travel.

You could take a look at Chiltern Young Riders - don't be put off by the name they teach adults too. Give them a call, speak to Simon, taught my 8yr old to ride there. It's also where Henry Cole busted his collarbone on the Motorcycle show.

https://www.chilternyoungriders.com/index.aspx
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Aaron675
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 04 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 04 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
There are a few places you can give it a go, what do you want to do exactly though?

Enduro Kent in Tunbridge Wells allow you to take your crosser and mess about, if you fancied you can take my 200 EXC round there to "give it a go" or you could just try it on the roads and green lanes, they could be fairly fun on a pokey 2 stroke Laughing

What I would say is I get far more worn out in 10-15 mins of offroading than I do 5 hours of road riding Laughing


I just want to have fun on a dirt bike, just as a hobby. I'd like to maybe race in the future but to start with just a few jumps and laps around a track was what I was thinking. Oh and thanks for the offer, nice of ya.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.62 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 44.26 Kb