 lynnnsr Nova Slayer

Joined: 06 Feb 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:01 - 07 Dec 2013 Post subject: [FOR SALE] 2003 Honda NSR 125R Tax & MOT |
 |
|
For sale is my 2003 Honda NSR125R £1,395 ono. red/white/blue colour scheme. Test passed and I now have a bigger bike so no need for the 125 any more.
Condition:
Mechanically good, cosmetically presentable. Good tyres only done 1,000 miles, MOT September 2014, Tax August 2014. Starts, warms up and runs exactly as it should, powervalve working, no smoke. Clutch, 6 gears and both brakes all working spot on. The engine is running in the pictures. Private sale I have the V5 in my name. Owned bike for 2 years used to learn on. Kept garaged by me.
These are better than the majority of 4 stroke learner bikes, it’s a 2 stroke so a bit quicker than 4 stroke 125s, also if you are a bit bigger like me the bike is physically larger than a CBR or a CG etc, nice chunky tyres and disc brakes front and rear. Also aluminium frame so won’t rust. Engine rebuilt and any mechanical faults sorted 1,000 miles ago, and I took care to run the new piston and barrel in properly. Hasn’t missed a beat since. So it’s back to as new Honda reliability. 2 keys. Smartwater protected. 2003 so really is the last of the 2 strokes these are getting quite rare to find in good working order like this now.
I used this to commute to work (16 miles) until the weather got colder and I passed my test, and it was totally reliable for me. No work to be done it is ready for the road.
Work done:
New Regulator Rectifier, HT Lead, Coil, Plug, Battery
Strip & clean carb,
New Crank Oil seals, Bottom end bearings, top end rebuild including brand new barrel, Piston, rings, water pump bearing and seals, clean transmission oil
New Fork seals and fork oil.
Faults:
This bike is 10 years old, I am not saying it is in as new condition cosmetically, but it is certainly presentable for what it is. There is a small tear in the rear of the rear seat, which I have gone over with tape. Up to you if you want to get a new seat but I have managed to live with it. Light surface scratch on the top of the tank (not rusted). Cracks and poor repair to part of the nearside front upper fairing, pictured, but again cosmetic only. Bottom fairings are unmarked.
Located in Gloucestershire, cash on collection. |
|