Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Grey/White hairs - age?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:08 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Grey/White hairs - age? Reply with quote

Dear oh dear. I know I was old before my time, but I have physical confirmations now after my darling wife pointed out I have a patch of 10 hairs that have gone from grey to white.

I'm 25. Neutral Crying or Very sad

My Dad didn't go grey until at least mid-thirties, so I am somewhat surprised.

I always said i'd go grey gracefully, however I may review this stance given my premature lightness. Fortunately I have blonde/brown hair so not too obvious...

Anybody else go grey in their twenties?
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J4mes
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:14 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

I started going grey (and I mean George Clooney grey) when I was 14.

The biches love it. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:17 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting greys in my 30s.. but to be honest that's still way better than losing hair on top of your head like some do Wink
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:28 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started going grey at 16. At least it wasnt bald Wink
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:33 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

razor.jpg

Problem solved.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Started going grey at 16. At least it wasnt bald Wink


Yep, pretty much 50-75% grey now at 35. More noticeable from second child, so aged 29 but noticeable from well before then. The odd grey pube and chest hair is a kick in the nads as bad enough the beard is grey.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mjn51
Traffic Copper



Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:50 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of shiny ones but only a few but then I'm 62 and not bald
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 26, been going bald for the past 8 years, and been going grey for the past 3 Sad

Male pattern baldness sucks bawlz Middle Finger
____________________
covent.gardens: lihp is my most favourite member ever
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go grey one day, but I've have a lustrous head of dark hair and not a grey in sight at 28. My dad is grey but has a full head of hair and he's almost 60, so I'm hopeful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key word in OP's post, "wife". I got married at 23 and started going grey on the walk back up the aisle. Crying or Very sad
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
Key word in OP's post, "wife". I got married at 23 and started going grey on the walk back up the aisle. Crying or Very sad


I got married at 22yrs and went grey just planning the bloody wedding.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

johnnyarctic
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:09 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visible grays since my early 20s but it's not getting too much worse as I get very close to 30. Doesn't bother me, as I have friends who are developing bald patches!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:25 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

23, and I don't care. There are worse things that could happen. Thumbs Up
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

36, I spot the odd one or two. Some people I know my age are completely grey.
____________________
BCF's 6th favourite poster 2009-2010

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

32 now, had a couple of grey hears on one part of my head about a year but not got any greyer,

beard however over the last year has progressively got greyer and is now about 30% grey, the woman really likes it though for some reason,
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 25. Divorced. One kid. Receding hairline and a few scattered grey hairs. Even a few wrinkles.

I still pretend I'm a sexy fucker though.
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Martin_T
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
pinkyfloyd wrote:
Started going grey at 16. At least it wasnt bald Wink


Yep, pretty much 50-75% grey now at 35. More noticeable from second child, so aged 29 but noticeable from well before then. The odd grey pube and chest hair is a kick in the nads as bad enough the beard is grey.


Snap, well, greying at 18 but that's bad enough. Totally agree that the grey undercarriage is a bit of a sore issue but thankfully not too many of those suckers.
____________________
My Old Ladies: Natasha - Hartford HD125 S Fixin' Up:Jessica - Kawasaki GPZ500S
Dream Bike: Kawasaki GPZ900R (With the Top Gun stickers and such) <-- fanboy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

36. A few greys but mostly brown still. No signs of receding yet.

Most of my old mates who had hair I'd have killed for back in our teens are balding pretty badly now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Re: Grey/White hairs - age? Reply with quote

JonB wrote:
Dear oh dear. I know I was old before my time, but I have physical confirmations now after my darling wife pointed out I have a patch of 10 hairs that have gone from grey to white.

I'm 25. Neutral Crying or Very sad

My Dad didn't go grey until at least mid-thirties, so I am somewhat surprised.

I always said i'd go grey gracefully, however I may review this stance given my premature lightness. Fortunately I have blonde/brown hair so not too obvious...

Anybody else go grey in their twenties?


As long as you don't go grey/grehy around you Baw-Sack then it's still cool.

Thumbs Up
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. You are old.

My dad is just starting to go grey. He's 62.

That's right ladies, line up, receive my genes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Ha. You are old.

My dad is just starting to go grey. He's 62.

That's right ladies, line up, receive my genes.


What?

For washing and ironing? Very Happy
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Timbo Foggins
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 21 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:12 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had noticeable greys from about 13 onwards. I'd say it's about 70/30 jet black to silver now at 20. No signs of thinning though so I'll probably have a silver mop at 30. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in the Middle East where lots of the men and Asian (Aerabs too.)
They are very vain so take to dying their hair.
The funniest 'look' is the Jet Moustache (Tashes are 100% required by most Asian men if a you wish to be accepted as a male Rolling Eyes ) with the grey/white mop.
Usually spotted whenever they remove their hard hat or baseball cap.
Normally the hard hat/baseball cap exchange is carried out in a fluid movement so no one sees the contrast. Very Happy

May Allah Bless 'em.
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.72 Sec - Server Load: 4.51 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 119.39 Kb