Shops, costs and pros/cons?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:
There is also the re packaging issue of the three dresses Tracy doesn't want. Customers do not re package tried on clothes like new.
There won't be once I get this to a test phase.
Without sounding tinfoil hat on a public forum Laughing i'm not going through the whole business model before it's out there and working.

sickpup wrote:
st3v3 wrote:
The clothing side has problems to be worked out, and that's probably why the business model doesn't exist in the industry yet.

Actually it does, ASOS have been doing it for years. I know I set up the logistics side when it moved to Central London Wink
When did they start doing last mile / on-demand delivery?

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:36 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, Respect that you do not want to reveal your MO at this time, but you do need to look at the future if your investing time and money.

As I said the big sheds are already looking at same day delivery, I can't get my head round how you can fit in? At best you may be considered as a third party courier if they go that way. Don't forget their customer has paid them usually on credit and they will deliver the three choices of dress accordingly. How do you get any revenue? Will the sheds pay you? will the customer pay you? I have worked in this business and remember the huge returns operation run by Littlewoods scores of women ironing and repacking clothing all at a cost. Obviously the cost of same day delivery, and it will be a cost, can be swallowed by these giants as the delivery attraction will drive increased sales, this will have no affect on you.

Christ Argos are looking seriously at a mothership and drone delivery service, they don't chase rainbows........watch this space Wink

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
When did they start doing last mile / on-demand delivery?

That must have been 8 or 9 years ago.
Asos had a warehouse in Hemel. We used to run the stuff down 2 or 3 times a day and distribute from Scrutton St EC2.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:23 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
st3v3 wrote:
What does she do, order one outfit which is wrong fitting or order all 4 and send 3 back?

If said outfits were delivered the same morning as the party, she gets to inspect and return what is not wanted.

When does she pay you for the four outfits and when does she get her refund for the ones she decides to return to you?

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing hinting to it anywhere in their operation, something like that should be bolded and underlined especially in todays climate.

https://www.asos.com/customer-service/delivery/ all next day.

Still working out kinks Ste, but I'm planning a routine that has the minimum of hassle.
DPD brought a doorstep terminal today so startup is imminent Shocked

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:45 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimum hassle for you or for your customers?

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customers, can't see much point in starting something that either isn't done properly or improves what's already there.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4