Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My project ZX12R

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:45 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: My project ZX12R Reply with quote

Hey, just thought I would put up some pictures of a Kawasaki ZX12R that I worked on and added to for my uncle . Started off as stock.

Many small accessories added. Undertray is the item I am most proud of. A real stylish and rare design. Some like it, some don't, personal taste really! Very Happy

Working on my dad's CBR1100XX Blackbird, and got a TL1000R to do soon.

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:09 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOH! Purdy bike Drooling

Looking, very, very smart! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:18 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dude! Appreciate it! Thumbs Up

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 16:43 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drooling nuff said!

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, apart from that air intake. Don't they do a tarty replacement for it so the thing blends in a bit better with the bike Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:49 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thumbs Up

What's the thing on the tank?

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:50 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, thanks dude! If it is drewl worthy then I have done good, lol Very Happy Thumbs Up

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 16:51 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
Very nice, apart from that air intake. Don't they do a tarty replacement for it so the thing blends in a bit better with the bike Confused

Yeah I agree with that. Sort it out mate and it'll be perfect. Thumbs Up Smile

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:54 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What thing on the tank? Whereabouts?

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:57 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, there is a fancy intake cover thing, it is colour coded to the bike and has a sort of stylish shape to it, ill post a picture of it in a min, when I have found it. It is either buy one of them, or try and remove the intake and cut it back a bit so that you cannot see it. Stylish cutting of course, (if there is such a thing, lol)

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 16:57 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimmydude wrote:

Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:04 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the red circling dude! lol Yea, it's the air intake, looks horrible and ruins the bike if you ask me, and I am sure you all agree.

I have posted a picture of the device you can fit over it to make it look a little more stylish. What do you think I should do, buy and fit this thing, or cut the intake back a bit, behind the front nose cone?

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 17:08 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm no by 'thing on the tank'...I mean thing on the tank.

If I'd have meant the dust pan, I would have said dust pan. Razz

https://dusty.my-site.me.uk/messagenet/zx12.jpg

Is it standard on ZX12s? To be honest I have no idea.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:09 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProXimaCore wrote:
Shimmydude wrote:

I think he means this...

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 17:12 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You northerners are soooo slow. Laughing

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:15 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, my paint proggy took longer to load.

Sue me. Razz

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:18 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thing is the cover for the electrical port. It is standard on all ZX12R's and the second unstylish addition to the bike. Basically the tank that you see is a fake. It houses a lot of the electrical item in there and is made out of a plastic like material, not metal as most common tanks are. The fuel tank for the bike is lower down inside the bike. It's all rather weird. Only Kawasaki could have thought up that idea. I was going to colour-code it to match the rest of the bike but I am not sure if to do so or not?

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 17:21 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I'll need to follow the conversation more closely next time. I was referring to what Mr James said and didn't read what shimmydude wrote. Assumed to quickly. Oopsie. Smile

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:23 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, what do you guys think i should do about the vent/dustpan/porta-home? lol Very Happy

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:30 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just cut it or move it back a little? Shouldnt effect it that much should it?

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:33 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: The CBR1100XX Blackbird Reply with quote

You can’t really move it back because it runs all the way under the nose cone. However you could cut it so that you cannot see it from the side. It apparently only affect the ‘Ram Air System’ if the bike does upwards of 170mph, which realistically on these roads and doubt the bike would ever see that speed.

Oh yea and here is the Blackbird, just so you guys can have a look.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stick that cover thing on, at least it will look like it is meant to be there rather than just an after thought.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:36 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate people with shiny pristine bikes, I feel all inadequate. Sad

/me goes off into a corner and cries. Crying or Very sad

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:41 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, well if it makes you feel any better they don't look like that at the moment. They ZX12R has a small layer of dust on it (despite constant wiping) and the Blackbird is out in the rain probably covered in that crap that flicks up from the road in wet conditions. Guess who will probably be cleaning them. lol Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2