Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you report your lateral flow test results?
Yes.
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
No.
43%
 43%  [ 18 ]
Only if positive.
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Only if negative
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
cOVid is a GuvErm3nT ConsPiriCy sHeePl!!111!
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 41

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:09 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

Interested to find out.

I can't be bothered reporting negatives.

My main conundrum is would I report a positive, go for a PCR and jump on the track and trace band-wagon or would I just isolate until it's double negative?

I think I'd probably phone my boss on the QT and ask what he wants me to do.

I understand this is not a very community orientated approach because the more data that can be gathered, the more informed we will be about what's happening.

Doesn't fit into my workflow though. It gets done first thing when I go downstairs then taken into the car with me to work. By the time I'm out of the door and have arrived at work, that's 20 minutes up and I read the test to decide if I go in or turn around and go home. Used test is flung on the floor in the passenger side in among the sandwich wrappers and snotty tissues.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:15 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you have to wait 30 mins to be sure every positive test in this house had a recognisable line within 5 mins. When i say recognisable, enough to make you think that its going to be a positive.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:34 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Although you have to wait 30 mins to be sure every positive test in this house had a recognisable line within 5 mins. When i say recognisable, enough to make you think that its going to be a positive.

Yeah, I've been using these flow antigen tests for decades to detect coronavirus in baby calves with diarrhoea. The stripe will usually start to appear as soon as the fluid line reaches it. Although with that one, it can also be just a very faint line at the full read time. With a very strong positive, the control line can be barely visible.

Interestingly, the cattle ones can also record a very faint false positive if you leave it sitting longer than the allotted read time in strong daylight. I've been distracted in the past and have had to repeat a weak positive test that went over-time on the same sample which turned out negative. So I'd say if there's no stripe after 30 minutes, you're done.

EDIT: While it's not a quantitative test, I'd say from the intensity of the stripe on your test there, there was a LOT of virus in your sample.

Last edited by stinkwheel on 21:44 - 04 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been doing them twice a week for most of the last year.
Because hospital, obvs.

edit: [whether positive or negative].

There's a prize draw of some Luncheon Vouchers or something, to encourage people to do them.
I've yet to win it, but I still put the results in anyway.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:45 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The.one I posted is a surprisingly bold line compared to the others in the house.

Edit: that's the conclusion I'd taken as well. Quite weird considering triple jabbed and no symptoms.

No.1 son has quite a faint line and double jabbed as 18.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 21:50 - 04 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I do one, when I shove that thing up my nose I snort every germ available in my body everywhere.

Probably not what is expected. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:57 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Every time I do one, when I shove that thing up my nose I snort every germ available in my body everywhere.

Try testing a 5 year old....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I report, be it positive or negative. When I was positive over Christmas I also reported my positive Day 6 result but I don’t think the system recognised me as a previous reporter, so I might appear as two people in the stats. I reported negative on Day 11.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:05 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiler has just posted on fb the equivalent to a semi where positives are concerned but it's still a positive.

Imagine a line drawn with a 4h pencil compared ro my 2b....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Try testing a 5 year old....

I expect that is rather messy, Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:08 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loud and you need about 16 arms.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I report them, yet to have a positive. There's a few wards I visit that have isolating patients, you need to take a flow test to get past the ward door.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Interested to find out.

My main conundrum is would I report a positive, go for a PCR and jump on the track and trace band-wagon or would I just isolate until it's double negative?

Sometime during the second week of December, I picked up a particularly nasty bug, I assume from the guy at work who had spent the previous week looking like death warmed up and coughing his lungs out in front of all and sundry - in fact, a number of people went down with the same thing.

By coincidence, as this bug took effect, I started a week of holiday, most of which I spent either sleeping or trying to.

When I came back to work, they conducted two LFTs, so I had no option but to report the results - both were negative, so I took it upon myself to go to the nearest walk-in and have a PCR, my reasoning being that I wasn't convinced I had taken the tests correctly and I needed a more reliable (ie a test taken under supervision) result, so that I could either spend more time in isolation/recuperation, or approach my doctor and seek treatment, with proof of a negative result.

Today I discover three of my colleagues that I was exposed to at length, are now isolating, after testing positive at some point during the NY weekend.

They have apparently all had PCR tests, as have I, but track and trace hasn't contacted me yet, so I can only conclude that either they are lying and are swinging the lead, or the system isn't really firing on all eight.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, an anti vaxxer (I've had mine) or a covid denier, but there's such a lot of bollox attached to the whole thing, I really can't be arsed with it all anymore - I won't be having a booster, I won't be wearing a mask and I won't be doing any further tests.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:15 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
...but there's such a lot of bollox attached to the whole thing...

Perfectly put Thumbs Up

Apart from me there are actually other people that don't follow the MSM, Big Pharma Agenda, and the sheeple too.

https://headlineusa.com/fauci-big-pharma-crimes-humanity/

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

GettinMoreParanoid wrote:
Shaft wrote:

Still more dubiously source conspiracy based tinfoil-hatted shite

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:19 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Shaft wrote:

Perfectly put Thumbs Up

Apart from me there are actually other people that don't follow the MSM, Big Pharma Agenda, and the sheeple too.

https://headlineusa.com/fauci-big-pharma-crimes-humanity/

https://gbdeclaration.org/

You keep posting those two specific sources as if posting them makes them somehow *good* sources...? They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Czech gov. changed the rules of the game again.

In december 2021, only the unvacinated employees had to be tested regulary with the lateral flow test, by their employer. If that was positive the infected employee then was obligated to undergo the PCR test. If that was positive, 14 days in quarantine. Negative PCR test result meant back to work, as they do realise the lateral flow tests may be false positive. ALSO, the mandatory PCR test after a close contact with a positively PCR tested person applied to unvacinated people only. Stay at home for at least 5 days and then undergo the PCR test yourself, if negative, go back to work, if positive stay at home for another 10 days, then go to work.

Now, a few days ago, the gov. made it mandatory for every single employee to be tested twice a week with the lateral flow test. A positive result of the lateral flow test means 5 days in quarantine, and then back to work. No more PCR testing. IIRC, people with the 4th booster do not have to be tested at all.

I'm not an expert but it almost seems like the Gov. bought way too many lateral flow tests, not enough PCR tests and they still have to use all those vacines that are slowly spoiling in their fridge. I only listened to the part about work stuff. I might check again and edit this post later (pubs, public venues, freelancers, self employed people etc.).

TL; DR: If you are an employee in the Czech rep. you have no choice, they test you, they know the results.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:05 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
....You keep posting those two specific sources as if posting them makes them somehow *good* sources...? They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

Can you show me another post I have made refering to headlineusa.com I just searched my posts, and can't find another one, so please show me. I'm not calling you a liar I just think you're exagerating to justify, well fuck all really. full of the shit. mistaken.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:12 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
MarJay wrote:
....You keep posting those two specific sources as if posting them makes them somehow *good* sources...? They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

Can you show me another post I have made refering to headlineusa.com I just searched my posts, and can't find another one, so please show me. I'm not calling you a liar I just think you're exagerating to justify, well fuck all really. full of the shit. mistaken.

Can you please stop polluting every covid thread with your deranged bollocks?

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:44 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

There's a prize draw of some Luncheon Vouchers or something, to encourage people to do them.

Who is running it, Cynthia Payne?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
hellkat wrote:

Who is running it, Cynthia Payne?

You're showing your age now. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:08 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to see if I can whip up some Interest.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:18 - 07 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everyone in the UK getting regular tests, is there some kind of government mandate?
I haven't done any self tests and only had the one at a testing station confirming getting the lurgy back in January 2020

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 05:54 - 07 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

At work we are told if you get a positive LF go for a PCR.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:55 - 07 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Do you report your COVID lateral flow test results? Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
... your deranged bollocks?

Bollock eh, Well.... Seems 900 million dissagree with your opinion.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/01/thank-900-million-times-gateway-pundit-saw-34-traffic-increase-2021-mainstream-media-saw-36-decrease-truth-matters/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2