Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Speed camera's -- How long before you get a letter ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:26 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Speed camera's -- How long before you get a letter ? Reply with quote

OK, got flashed Evil or Very Mad by one of these fucking things tonight, pulling into a side road (Mcdonalds on the A23) to get some food, anyway, while turning into the side road, flash, flash --- WTF I said.

Indicator was going, and I'm doing 10mph at most and I'm in mid turn as the trap Middle Finger flashes ! All I saw was a car heading towards me on the A23 at the time, no cars behind me !

How long does it take before you get the letter ?

Or will I be OK on this one ?

Stupid bloody camera's Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:37 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry Ian,
I got flashed on the M42 doing 50mph in a 50 zone. I never received a NIP.

They might be revenue generating pricks, but they still have rules. (IE you have to be at least nearly speeding to get done! Laughing)

Relax and don't worry until such time as you do get an NIP, then ask to view the evidence. If none comes through, then relax even more. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:48 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have 14 days to send you an NIP (notice of intent to prosecute) and that will be asking you to identify the rider. However if you were not speeding then you have nothing to worry about, as they camera takes two photos so they can work out how far you'd travelled (as they know the timing of the two photos being taken) and can then work your speed out so there shouldn't be any problems for you with this.

Thumbs Up

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:54 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys Thumbs Up

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 00:32 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got flashed by a forward facing the other day

wonder if they will send me the pic with my finger up at it Razz
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:55 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i got flashed by a forward facing the other day wonder if they will send me the pic with my finger up at it

It's a shame they don't as i've a lovely space on my mantlepiece for just that sort of photo!

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 14:25 - 09 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, now don't quote me on this, the forward facing ones are illegal and they cannot charge you if caught speeding due to invasion of privacy!!

Now, I find this one hard to believe, but loads of people have told me that!!

Anway, I now have a wee story - hope I don't bore you!!

I got flashed in my car doing 45 mph in a 50mph and though b*stards, what's that all about anyway, the next time I travelled that road (about 2 days later I got flashed doing 35 - due to traffic). Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, I never received anything in the post and about two months later was engrossed in chat while driving the same road and I was doing 70mph and never got flashed Mad - explain that one!!! Confused

I'm now driving my other half mad, 'cause every time I drive that road I drive about 5mph faster to see if I get flashed and I've been up to 80mph and it's never flashed!! Very Happy

BUT my mate came over to visit me the other week after work in rush hour traffic and said she was flashed doing 40mph (bear in mind it's 50mph limit!!) Confused She hasn't received anything through either!

What the hell's going on with these cameras, is it pot luck or what, or is there some wee dwarf sitting inside the boxes taking photo's of himself??? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jinx
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:35 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got flashed in bristol doing 50 in a thirty but never heard any thing - they dont all have film in apparently - although as more and more go over to digital that will change!

Another story for you - was driving down a dual carriageway doing 95 - in the car as it goes - and the car behind me - rover or summink - starts flashing blue lights from the light recesses! couldnt believe it - so slowed down to 70 and pulled over to the left hand lane and just carried on driving - there was no where to pull over - so I just keep driving and I can see the car driving beside me but there was no way I was gonna look at him - i figured if I dont catch his eye I may get away with it. any way he stays beside me to the motorway where I was only staying on fro about 500 yards to the next junction. I risk taking a look over to him as I was entering the filter off lane - he is still beside me and when he sees me looking he shakes his head and wags his finger at me then hare off up the motor way!!!

For a jinx I am a lucky bugger!

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:45 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen Angel wrote:
Apparently, now don't quote me on this, the forward facing ones are illegal and they cannot charge you if caught speeding due to invasion of privacy!!

Call me thick, but as bikes have no front numberplate, they can't get you anyway?!?!?!?! Confused

ace2004k
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:48 - 10 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my mates girlfriends mums(mouthful) is on the oxford city council and she says that only 2 cameras work at the same time in the whole city, this rotates throughout the day thou! dunno how accurate this is!

shane
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1