Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cluch not fully released question

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

thekeeper199
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:32 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Cluch not fully released question Reply with quote

Hi,
i have a hyosung GT250 and when its standing still (when on first gear and running) it seems like the bike is moving very slowly forward even though the clutch is fully pressed..
when its off on first gear and while clutch pressed its kind of a bit harder to move like its abit connected to the gear.. could it be clutch cable not streched?

Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:38 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to adjust your clutch. Have a look down by where the cable is connected to the engine casing for an adjuster.

thekeeper199
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:16 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
i guess the clutch cable wasnt streched enough..
i checked the motorcycle manual it says 4mm free play.. how do i measure it? when the steering should be at the middle? or to one side? i heard that over stretching is bad and can cause the clutch to worn out..
so how is it properly done

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worse when it's cold? It could just be a fluid coupling through the clutch and gearbox, which is normal. In other words, because the clutch is in an oil bath, when the engine side of the clutch spins, it causes the oil to be dragged around as well, which then turns the output side of the clutch, even though it is open.

Or it might be a stretched cable.

dragstaar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:41 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it happened over time, or was it a sudden thing? Cables generally tend to stretch a little bit, and this would have happened over time.

However, if it has happened quite quickly, then i would check the cable to check if its damaged or frayed, because that could mean a new cable. This happened to me, and I just re-adjusted it and was on my way, but then it turned out that it had frayed, and it snapped on me. Had to replace the clutch on the roadside.

So don't just adjust it, check it over to make sure its okay
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1