Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


GoPro issues

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 26 Jan 2014    Post subject: GoPro issues Reply with quote

Since updating my HD Hero2 to run the WiFi BacPac, when I go to playback any recorded files, I just get sound. No video.

Have tried a variety of videos modes. tried it with and without the BacPac on.

Tried playback in cineform, and mediaplayer with the same result in both. Tried both PAL and NTSC.

Any ideas?
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 26 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I have just bought a drift. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 26 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly said that Laughing

Firmware update?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 26 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I nearly said that Laughing

Firmware update?


It's the new firmware that's dicked it over. It was fine before.

Camera, WiFi bacpac, and Cineform at the latest versions.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:40 - 27 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you asked gopro? write on their facebook page or PM them.
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 28 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

lllN30lll wrote:
Have you asked gopro? write on their facebook page or PM them.


Emailed via their site, awaiting response.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 17 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the GoPro isn't at fault. My laptop is. Any ideas what would stop my laptop playing video.

Youtube works fine. Media player/GoPro Cineform/VLC only play sound, even in a variety of formats, and videos that used to play fine now don't.

Seems like a weird one to me?
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 17 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe a codec issue?
If I have problems I try the VLC media player (it's free) and that usually plays everything I've thrown at it (besides actual corrupt files).

Try that first and then see if there is a laptop driver/codec update.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 17 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What format do gopro files come off in?
Can you simply convert them with something like Handbrake
https://handbrake.fr/

I found Roadhawk video files pretty weird, despite being called .mov if you didn't convert them you got all kinds of problems when trying to do any editing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:58 - 17 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
So maybe a codec issue?
If I have problems I try the VLC media player (it's free) and that usually plays everything I've thrown at it (besides actual corrupt files).

Try that first and then see if there is a laptop driver/codec update.


Tried VLC too as I said above, same issue. Confused

doggone wrote:
What format do gopro files come off in?
Can you simply convert them with something like Handbrake
https://handbrake.fr/

I found Roadhawk video files pretty weird, despite being called .mov if you didn't convert them you got all kinds of problems when trying to do any editing.


MP4, converted them to AVI and WMV with the same issue. I use Format Factory for conversion.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sabian92
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 17 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a codec pack like CCCP or K-lite. I've got CCCP and I've used K-lite and I've never not been able to play anything with them. Far better than VLC IMO.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

haroman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 17 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you filming in a quality that your laptop can't handle?

I find if I film in anything over 1080p Super then it does the same as yours: play's audio only.
____________________
The mistresses: 2000 Honda CBR600f, 2000 Honda VTR1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:55 - 18 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
Are you filming in a quality that your laptop can't handle?

I find if I film in anything over 1080p Super then it does the same as yours: play's audio only.


Nah, I've even tried playing footage I've recorded and edited on this machine before, and still no dice. Most of my stuff is 720p 60fps.

Graphics bits are up to date. Confused
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 226 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.06 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 78.22 Kb