Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any Black Stone Cherry fans in the house ??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Any Black Stone Cherry fans in the house ?? Reply with quote

I'm working with them tomorrow
they are using my acoustic setup (Guitars, Bass & drum box)
should be interesting, hopefully I can video it (to promote my company)
so looking forward to this one as we don't have to do anything (we normally supply PA and lighting
but all they want is a couple of decent guitars, they asked for takamine or similar (think my Martin's are decent enough)

pity I don't have a lens for my new DSLR or I would take that and get some decent pic's
dying to try it out in daytime only ever used it for my astro photography so far

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen them a fair few times, pretty good live.
I liked their first album best, but their newer stuff is good too.

Not overly heavy, singers got a good voice. IIRC they are all brothers or grew up close friends.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:42 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw them when they released their second album. Fantastic live. First 2 albums were great, 3rd hasnt done it for me and meh about their 4th coming up.

That said. I'd happily go see them again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few of their albums, I like!! Thumbs Up

Say hi from me Embarassed

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

great set, got to see them do a couple of tracks and had a chat with them
really nice guys, they put us on the guest list for their gig tonight

*edit to add video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxt1UDaO_Lk&feature=youtu.be

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, only discovered them last year, got 3 (?) albums. Mixes in well with all the classic heavy rock stuff I still love.

Also discovered Bonafide and a few others that fit with all that not long ago - kinda went crazy on a buying spree to freshen up the random play mix.

Should be a good gig by the sound of it, enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sabs
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:48 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool band. Have seen a couple of times at festivals, always good to stop and have a listen too.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 25 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like them. Pretty cool you got to be in on a personal gig.

Someone rich want a private show?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

amnesia
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:12 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get tickets to the current acoustic shows. By the release time of 9am, Ticketmaster had 'sold out', but their own website was advertising "Get me in" which remarkably had tickets. At 4-ish times face value. Strange that.

Some folk I know paid well over £100 for a pair of tickets for tomights Manchester show - face value was about £25 each from memory.

Bitter and twisted? Yup.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:54 - 27 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
I quite like them. Pretty cool you got to be in on a personal gig.

Someone rich want a private show?

no it was hosted by a local radio show
in the end I didn't go to the evening gig, it was too short notice and I had mates coming over
Jamie went and said it was great, AFAIK tickets for the gig last night were £45

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:10 - 27 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:

Jamie went and said it was great, AFAIK tickets for the gig last night were £45

Do you know where these small gigs tickets are sold? £45 for such a personal gig is mad! I've paid that to sit in the back of the NIA before.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 27 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the £45 was for the Barrowlands gig they did that night
the acoustic set was closed door invite only through the radio station
I've did a few for them now, couple of months ago we did Ugly Kid Joe & skid Row

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1