Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bubbs Chapel Conversion Thread...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

I need to update this thread really badly.

You've already been doing that.... Very Happy

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Bubbs wrote:
Umm... Ish.

2 kids leave me little time.

I was thinking the other day that number 2 babby bubbs must be due soon. Have I missed an announcement?

Details are required please, as well as of the chapel.

BCF want to wet the baby's head (euw)

PS Did you know Sid & I are migrants in Wales now? Not that far from you.......

Hey,

Yes the bubbs family is now complete. Elbow deep in nappies and baby vomit.

Where in Wales are you?
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 248 days between these two posts...

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

** WARNING - TEFLONIAN SIZED POST **

It’s been an age since I’ve updated this, been meaning to for ages but two kids have kept me busy and I just couldn’t be fucked after all the shit that’s happened.

The shit in question all comes down to one guy by the name of Mike...he was mentioned in older posts and also featured in some photographs. He came to do free work for me as a favour, he’s loosely related to my wife.

This is the cock womble..
https://i.imgur.com/WHG60zb.jpg

I thought the sun shone out of his arse when he first showed up on the scene. He’d been travelling down from the North of England and doing all the work for free. He was doing some good things initially with the simple plumbing and I was trying to make up for his time in any way I could by buying him beer and food. I did not know at the time but this guy was/is an ego maniac. He loved the praise and attention we gave him for giving up his time to help out , and I would still be genuinely appreciative and happy had he had the skills that he claimed to possess.

In the beginning, Mike did some work on our plumbing that remedied the complete fuck up the original plumber inflicted, the original plumber decided not to consult the drawings and it was all wrong… suffice to say he wasn’t paid a penny. So Mike seemed a good person to have on board as he knew his way around a bit of pipe and rectified the issues putting in a hidden soil and waste system and also installing the bath and toilet and also helping me connect up the cold water feed and getting it all working. When basic services are up and running you feel high on life, like nothing could go wrong, Mike was my new best friend. If Mike had left at this point, the issues that cropped up would not have cost me that much to put right, and I’d still consider him a friend… however…

After the simpler jobs were completed and he received his much needed praise, he began telling me that he was an advanced electrician and a plumber and could sign off all the works, thus saving me a potential £600.00… awesome I think…he went on to try to convince me to get rid of my electrician and let him complete the rest of the works for even more savings. However my other electrician is a genuine mate of mine, by the name of Daryl, and I’d promised him the work months before… Mike continued to push back saying “think of the savings”, but my word is my bond and I would stick with a promise to my mate. When this didn’t work Mike went on to tell me that Daryl’s work was shoddy and very unsafe, and his qualifications in testing the electrics has already flagged up serious issues with the install.

Now, I’m not an electrician, and I knew that Daryl had only recently become a qualified electrician and he’d given me an amazing deal on a full install as this was going to be the project that allowed him to build his portfolio of work to aid in starting his own business. He had a lot of experience with electrics but this was done in prefab cabins in a factory. So on hearing Mike a qualified “super” electrician call his work was shoddy I quickly began questioning my decision to hire someone so new into the game to do the electrics and I was quick to believe Mike’s opinion.

After much thought I decided to stick to my word and told Daryl to continue to finish the works he’d begun but I would choose Mike as the person to sign off the work at the end of the install – this would save me £300.00 and I’d also have someone on board that has my best interests at heart. This gave Mike a bit of power, and he began ordering Daryl about and telling him all his work was shit which caused a big rift. Mike refused to sign off the work until certain things had been re-done even though Daryl pleaded to me that this Mike guy was talking shit. He said there was nothing wrong with his work and he could get the person he uses to sign off his work to come and check – This was my first inkling that something wasn’t quite right. After a while Daryl was thoroughly pissed him off but completed the works to Mike’s specification.

When it came to getting Mike coming back down to do the testing to get everything certified he went quite quiet, after much persuasion he eventually he came down, however he didn’t seem to want to do the actual testing and instead was interfering with my work, one example where I was putting in the spindles and hand rails for the stairs, he told me he’d done these before and that I was taking a long time and to just throw them in, he took over deciding to do it by eye and ignored the simple math needed to ensure all spindles were spaced correctly, I allowed him one row of spindles before I realised he was botching it and my bullshit detector was picking up strong readings.

I continued to prompt Mike to do the testing, but he noticed that the heat pump and associated control centres had not been installed yet. He told me that he would not be able to do the electric sign off without connecting that all up, he would also save me MUCHOS DOLLAR and I’d be able to move in quicker if he just did that too… he explained he had installed loads of these systems in the past and was well versed in heating systems. My bullshit detector was registering a reading so I told him a few times to tell me now if this is definitely something he’s able to do, as I was happy to pay to get this installed properly… he confidently agreed this was within his skillset. I eventually agreed to the extra free help on the proviso that if he got stuck or found he was in over his head that he was to tell me immediately… but a little voice in my head was now getting very loud, but I stupidly ignored.

We had now reached the end of the weekend so he would be doing the install on his next visit. He went on to unpack all the complicated kit and the under floor heating manifolds before leaving and collected all the installation manuals. The heat pump manual alone was biblical in size. He then informed me that he was going home and would return in a couple of weeks so that he could familiarise himself with the install. In the meantime he gave me a list of the items I needed to purchase in preparation for his next visit which included water tanks, pipes etc...

Picture showing boxes of Heating Stuff to break up the wall of text
https://i.imgur.com/QxoxlHl.jpg

When he finally came down on his next visit he arrived with full bravado and confidence and had a list of things we’d need from the builders merchants before he could begin… the list was extensive and cost a good bit of cash, over £1,000. He explained that I would have spent this money anyway for the installation and that it was not something to be concerned about. When we finally got back to the house, he got busy creating a labyrinth of pipe work connecting up all the various systems. I helped him mount the air source heat pump and drilled holes for the feed and returns, then he filled and emptied the system a few times to check for leaks. He then started wiring the control centre for the system and I left him get on with it while I continued dry lining. Every time I came back in to check on him he was scratching his head and looking lost. After 2 days of this and nearing 7pm on a Sunday he informed me the system was fully connected and working – however he had to dash off as he had work the next morning and couldn’t wait for the house to warm up but assured me it would, he told me to phone him as soon as the underfloor heating was felt through the floor, but mentioned that underfloor heating pipes could take many hours to warm up…I thought “WTF is he talking about!!” but I waited… and waited… and nothing happened. I phoned him later that night and told him it wasn’t working to which he replied “Yeah I thought that might happen, I think I know what it is, it just needs a compression cap put on and it will work”…. Bullshit detector screaming…. But I ignored it.

We waited another 2-3 weeks before he was back down – It was December at this point and my wife was completely fed up of living with my parents especially with a new born. She wanted us to start the new year and I was given the deadline to get us in by then. During this waiting period I decided I had to get the fireplace completed sharpish so that we had some sort of heat as a back-up.

https://i.imgur.com/8Ibf42h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GDM2T4h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3ZHKmsd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/87rZ6nh.jpg

I spoke to Mike about the imposed deadline and Mike confirmed that he would get it all done before the end of the month, no problem.

He came back down the weekend before New Years and spent another 3 days working on it. I was again sent to multiple plumbing shops to buy all sorts of expensive parts, but sure enough after all this time and effort he managed to get the hot water system to work (I later learned that it was the emersion doing this work not the heat pump).

He seemed very happy with his excellent workmanship and triumphantly said

“I can now sign off the electrics, your heating can be covered by using the log burner for the time being until I’m back but you have hot water”.

He then got his electrical testing kit out and zipped around the house doing bits and bobs until finally he started testing the system. During one test he managed to blow all the light bulbs on the outside lights and piped up to say that as he feared there was an issue on that ring/circuit of the electrics. The readings were all wrong and the bad news was that Daryl had fucked it all up and he would have to re-do the entire circuit which meant ripping off the plasterboards to find the fault next time he was down … He told me not to worry and flicked off that circuit on the fuse board and explained the house was now safe to use and me and my family could move in. He then quickly packed up and left for home. I had now reached sceptical hippo levels on the bullshit detector.

MOVING DAY - NEW YEARS EVE (The House is still basically a construction site)

We move in. We had hot water and basic heat but we were confined to one dusty room which we tried our utmost to keep clean. It was so cold that I had to tape cardboard over all the other openings and hung thermal sheets over them to try and keep the heat in.

This was the only source of heat which required feeding constantly due to its sheer size
https://i.imgur.com/WP8T5EK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/87rZ6nh.jpg

This was our bedroom/living room right at the beginning trying to keep our 3month old son warm sandwiched between us in bed.

https://i.imgur.com/SqIVhTa.jpg

I had a bottle of red wine to bring in the New Year but didn’t have a bottle opener “You will not defeat me wine”

https://i.imgur.com/qop0qIO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0s2g7G5.jpg

FUCK YOU CORK

https://i.imgur.com/S4P2yU1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d1eb8y6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MdAI7Jn.jpg

It was fucking freezing. Managed to keep the temp just above 13degrees during the night and wrapped up very warm with three in a bed for body heat. Next day I bought electric heaters and expanding foamed every hole I could find. This helped stabilise the one room and was how we lived for a few weeks.

The Bullshit Detector Wins…

By this point I was completely pissed off and fed up. I was pissed off at my wife for making me move into an unfinished house, and pissed off at Mike for continuing to let me down. My wife and I had a conversation and both agreed that we would get another plumber in to look at the heating system to finish it off, it was time to pay to get this sorted sharpish. I tried to phone Mike but he refused to answer so sent a text thanking him for all he had done and told him how grateful we were etc. but informed him that we would get someone more local in and pay to get it finished as we needed it working asap. At this point I still assumed he had been doing everything correctly and only had a slight suspicion that he was blagging…

He responded to my text…

“How dare you get someone else in before I’ve had the chance to put it right. You should give me the chance. I’ll be down in a few weeks and I’ll sort it. Don’t you dare let anyone else to touch it”

At this point I was thinking… WTF… What a strange text… what exactly are you trying to hide. I responded telling him I was going to get the plumber in regardless and I had a message back telling me to never contact him ever again, and that he was offended by what I was planning to do.

So we got the new plumber to come in. The first thing he said when he looked at the system was “What the fuck has been going on here? Did you do this yourself?”… he went on to explain to me that the whole system is completely unsafe. The blow off valves (allow excess pressure to escape at high temp) were not connected to anything. Had there been an issue with pressure this would have blown off into the house and anyone in the vicinity would be seriously scalded, he went on to explain that there were no pressure gauges on the water tanks and one of the tanks did not have any way to release pressure, he showed me a photo of a home that had their tank explode… it blew up half the house very much like a bomb. He demanded details of the person who did the install and informed me that he was going to report him – I gave him the details. Then spent the next 8 hours putting the plumbing right. He returned for a second day to look at the underfloor heating and explained that he needed needed Mike’s input to figure out what he’d done with the underfloor heating.

I phoned him and he answered… I told him the situation and asked him to give this guy details… his response to me “I’m completely offended and betrayed by what you have done, I’m not going to give you anything, work it out for yourself”.

So this plumber had to basically use trial and error until he found all the gremlins in the system. He discovered that there were airlocks in every circuit and that the flow and returns were all cocked up, there were no pumps on the manifold to enable the water to flow, there were multiple problems that cost me a lot of money in time and materials to put right. After he had finished we had a safe system that worked. However because he was not qualified in the electrics for the heat pump he set the system to work off a switch until a Samsung engineer could wired up the control centre. This meant that the heat was either on or off, but the house did heat up and if it got too hot I simply flicked a switch to turn it off. Even though not ideal it was 100x better than the shitty fire.

Next on my list of contractors was a Samsung Air Source Heat Pump Engineer , I had him booked in for 3-4 weeks’ time. When he arrived he took one look at the electrical work Mike had done and reacted very similarly to the plumber… he explained that it was a miracle the system hadn’t fried the circuit board, everything was wired incorrectly and there were exposed live wires, there was no back up fuse box for the 9kW of power being fed into the air source and a shock could easily have been fatal . He took a couple more days to sort out all the room stats and wire in the manifold control units and feed the cables back to the main control console. It took a long time in man hours and again cost me a lot of money. He took two days and finally finished working on the system around 10pm. Again he demanded Mikes details as he felt duty bound to report him - I gave them gladly.

FINALLY WE HAD HEAT AND HOT WATER!!!!

I got back in touch with Daryl and explained everything to him and also apologised for inflicting this cunt on him. I then asked him to get his electric tester mate to come and do the sign off… he checked all systems and everything was nearly perfect – couple of stickers and cable ties here and there to tidy the system up, but once this was done I received the certificate, happy days. Thanks fuck Mike didn’t come back to “fix” the electrics.

Unfortunately though that wasn’t the end of Mike’s destructive workmanship.. All the little jobs he’d done for me started to unravel.

> He’d tiled our floor which after a couple of months started cracking and popping – he’d missed critical stages to tiling on a screed floor with under floor heating and the tiles quickly failed.

> The toilet he installed did not have water feed isolation – so when it came to replacing his shoddy tiling there we had to turn all the water off and rip out the shit he had done to start again

> Water began leaking out of one of his push fit pipes in the living room behind the plaster boards, it had not been put in properly and caused all sorts of damage.

> Then to add more stress we discovered that he’d bought a load of materials that were never used on our system… so pretty sure he’d been stealing things from us.

We worked out that he’s cost us nearly £10k so far… I won’t be surprised if that figure increases.

The guy is lucky he lives in the North of England because I’d completely lost my shit at one point and was threatening to drive up to find him. I was so stressed out that I had to take time off work due to stress and it caused issues with my home life.

I’m a lot better now and have gotten over the stress but I know that one day I will bump into him – likely during my wifes grandmother’s funeral – and I don’t know how I’m going to react. I want to say I’ll be able to look past it but I don’t know.

This concludes the nightmares….

Positives

So.. onto the actual work we’ve done since… I stopped taking photos for a while as I was in such a dark place but here are the photos I have captured and will continue to update from here on forwards.

Path reinstated after soil pipe works outside
https://i.imgur.com/LtYDQWJ.jpg

Building inspector was not happy that HETAS engineer had not installed the log burner.. Decided to rip the fucker out and block up the vent hole and plaster board it up. Going to get a smaller Kw stove to eradicate the need for a vent.

Covered up
https://i.imgur.com/VUPBLNu.jpg

Painted white
https://i.imgur.com/BMo7APr.jpg

Decided to paint one wall to make it a bit more homely.
https://i.imgur.com/Ljq3f6S.jpg

This shows what the living room looked like a few months back - If you’re wondering what that is in the image, I made a fort for my son to fuck about in.
https://i.imgur.com/QK1t4JP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7U7GPZ5.jpg

Window board in
https://i.imgur.com/37QuPy8.jpg

Chucked in a finger board for improving finger strength / pullups
https://i.imgur.com/xB2Jsuf.jpg

Shower room started
https://i.imgur.com/TuCKi6l.jpg

Tray in and pipe through the wall
https://i.imgur.com/QX4iSxi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QdLJlVk.jpg

Started on kids playroom – had to take the floor up as it had started separating, now glued in tight.
https://i.imgur.com/pFiFiyx.jpg

Floor down painting begun
https://i.imgur.com/licb65d.jpg

Painting done – toys in – still skirting to go and other bits and bobs but much more useable
https://i.imgur.com/hlKaPjd.jpg

Shower room toilet area – Existing bodged solution
https://i.imgur.com/oKSWTdM.jpg

Filling in holes
https://i.imgur.com/6Bo5vty.jpg

Floor down and new connectors in the back - have to get this completed before xmas
https://i.imgur.com/8tezbi4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4vZYOym.jpg

Carpet on stairs
https://i.imgur.com/SVpy5SD.jpg

Main bedroom carpeted
https://i.imgur.com/doUxBtG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5VldtMK.jpg

Hallway
https://i.imgur.com/EaOYi7J.jpg

Temporary climbing wall for my son
https://i.imgur.com/6zgnRxu.jpg

Bathroom been redone after Mike’s fuckups
https://i.imgur.com/m9AcUKv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HL6O6K5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7bbu1If.jpg

Kitchen – just started some tiling. Probably going to take months the way it’s going
https://i.imgur.com/AHecn5h.jpg

Trying to remember what I’ve done is difficult. I am however still making progress, it just takes a lot longer while you’re living in the house. There are likely more updates which I’ve forgotten to capture so if you see anything that you would like to see a closer picture of then let me know.

My next post will be more positive and give a forward look / plan of where we want to take it.

Thanks for reading

Bubbs

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:45 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, shame about the project issues, but massive props for use of the word 'Teflonian'! Very Happy

Edit: Might there be someone on this forum who lives nearer by to our mutual friend 'Mike' who might want to pay a visit? Unlikely perhaps, but this is BCF...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:08 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have access to a digger, so at least it won't have to be a shallow grave.

Long term, you've built a house despite Mike. You'll have a home that you know for a fact is done right, and he'll still be him, so I'd call that a win.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS, what a nightmare. Property development is hard enough without having the misfortune to engage with a bellend like him.

Glad things are back on track. Onwards and upwards!

Happy Christmas

Christmas Hat Christmas Hat Christmas Hat

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read you got caught out by a mug off artist fella, at least you are getting on now.

I got some glass hammers I can flog you cheap, to soften the blow a bit Smile.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 17:35 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many other poor cunts is Mike doing this to though?

Do you not know any more than he lives in the North? What about those sparkies / plumbers who reported him?

I'd fucking torture him, can't stand shit like that Evil or Very Mad

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

Do you not know any more than he lives in the North? What about those sparkies / plumbers who reported him?

He's my wife's first cousins husband. I know exactly where he lives. The blow back to my wife's family if I were to out him would be quite Serious. We've been through enough... Family know we have cut all contact but don't know why.

I've checked and he has been reported. I've wasted enough energy on this and I now feel free of him. We will cross paths at some point and I'll have to make the choice whether I take any action.

I have learned some valuable lessons from this and will be much more wary in the future. If someone promises you the world there's always a cost.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

A lot of them out there.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:23 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Jayy wrote:

He's my wife's first cousins husband. I know exactly where he lives. The blow back to my wife's family if I were to out him would be quite Serious. We've been through enough... Family know we have cut all contact but don't know why.

I've checked and he has been reported. I've wasted enough energy on this and I now feel free of him. We will cross paths at some point and I'll have to make the choice whether I take any action.

I have learned some valuable lessons from this and will be much more wary in the future. If someone promises you the world there's always a cost.

Jeezuz, no wonder you completely ignored any approach about coming to bbq. It really does explain all the stress you were blaming on the second child....

Fuck him. tell the whole fucking family and also let them know how much you had to pay to put right his shit.

Looking good now, though.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is shit.

You are good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Fuck him. tell the whole fucking family and also let them know how much you had to pay to put right his shit.

Problem is i'v known plenty of "mike's" in my time and the smarmy cunt would likely convince the family that OP was the one at fault, then they end up being the ones alienated.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
We will cross paths at some point and I'll have to make the choice whether I take any action.

What would the outcome be if you did? More misery, I'd guess. Just let it go.
Now if he starts on you, let him have both barrels. Just don't start it!

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Bubbs wrote:
We will cross paths at some point and I'll have to make the choice whether I take any action.

What would the outcome be if you did? More misery, I'd guess. Just let it go.
Now if he starts on you, let him have both barrels. Just don't start it!

Nothing good would come from hurting him. Still harbour anger towards him but I'm likely going to ignore or avoid him. Thing is he won't be able to keep quiet and i don't know how long I'll be able to ignore him until he forces some sort of a reaction.

He put my family at risk with his incompetence which is unforgivable. We will see when it happens. Likely nothing will come of it.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be inclined to print out your post above and send it to my relatives under the heading "Don't let Mike touch your shit", so they know your side of the story about what happened.
As someone said above, you'll undoubtedly be portrayed as the selfish, ungrateful greedy villain who stole Saint Mike's time & expertise.

Looking good now though Thumbs Up

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's coming together well, glad to hear you went with something other than the oil boiler system we discussed oh so long ago Thumbs Up

I feel your pain. Finally got planning permission organised and building warrants signed off on our Borders project, I've spent the last couple of years studying around the areas I was hazy on precisely so I can avoid the situation you found yourself in - don't want to rely on a tradesman and discover that what I'm being told is wrong. The guy sounds like an utter arsehole though, shoddy work is one thing but leaving the systems in that sort of state is beyond reprehensible.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:54 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly be advising the family not accept any help from him. He could seriously injure someone or worse.

I often help my mates out with 'DIY' stuff. I'm probably no more skilled than Mike. The difference is I very much no my limits. I can wire in a new socket, replace a tap or fix a leak in my boiler etc. I wouldn't even think about doing stuff I wasn't at least 90% sure I could do it.

Possible Dunning Kruger?

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

As others have said, he'll make bubbs out to be the bad guy if he tries that. I had a similar thing happen with a car. Got it repaired for cost by a relative (oddly enough, husband of a second cousin of mine). When I got it back, it had more issues than when I dropped it off. Turns out he had fitted the wrong engine incorrectly (maybe hoping two wrongs made a right?). I ended up paying a hefty bill to get it set right again, only he flipped his shit because I was being ungrateful for all the work he did for free by not letting him fix it again and I was calling him a liar.

He pre-emptively starting telling all and sundry about what I had done (his version) and I started getting phonecalls off distant relatives ranting and raving about my treatment of such an honest and genuine guy. I figured I could try and fight it, or I could have some fun. I decided on the fun. When people rang me about what he'd told them, I said that I couldn't rate his work high enough, that I owed him big-time for doing a great job for such a ridiculously low price. If he had any inkling I'd been underhand, it was wrong. I told them to recommend him to everyone (whilst making sure my immediate family knew the truth). It died down pretty quick after that for a few months, but then I started getting calls from the same distant relatives asking if my car was still okay as he'd fucked up their mates car good and proper. At least 4 different vehicles by last count. I stuck to my original story laughing my tips off at these people who were ready to lynch me, that were now baying for blood from the so called mechanic.

Bought him a pint at a family do last year, he looked petrified when I dropped it off at his table. Fun times I tell you. I still believe to this day if I'd tried to fight it, we'd be fully outcast from the family.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:

As others have said, he'll make bubbs out to be the bad guy if he tries that. I had a similar thing happen with a car. Got it repaired for cost by a relative (oddly enough, husband of a second cousin of mine). When I got it back, it had more issues than when I dropped it off. Turns out he had fitted the wrong engine incorrectly (maybe hoping two wrongs made a right?). I ended up paying a hefty bill to get it set right again, only he flipped his shit because I was being ungrateful for all the work he did for free by not letting him fix it again and I was calling him a liar.

He pre-emptively starting telling all and sundry about what I had done (his version) and I started getting phonecalls off distant relatives ranting and raving about my treatment of such an honest and genuine guy. I figured I could try and fight it, or I could have some fun. I decided on the fun. When people rang me about what he'd told them, I said that I couldn't rate his work high enough, that I owed him big-time for doing a great job for such a ridiculously low price. If he had any inkling I'd been underhand, it was wrong. I told them to recommend him to everyone (whilst making sure my immediate family knew the truth). It died down pretty quick after that for a few months, but then I started getting calls from the same distant relatives asking if my car was still okay as he'd fucked up their mates car good and proper. At least 4 different vehicles by last count. I stuck to my original story laughing my tips off at these people who were ready to lynch me, that were now baying for blood from the so called mechanic.

Bought him a pint at a family do last year, he looked petrified when I dropped it off at his table. Fun times I tell you. I still believe to this day if I'd tried to fight it, we'd be fully outcast from the family.

So much this Thumbs Up

Sucks though Bubbs, glad it is finally going better now.

Chin up, you have an army of bikers and shotguns Laughing

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:06 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Mike is shit.

You are good.

Agree totally, also, Mike is Adam Arrons and i claim my 5 ponds.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you in getting it sorted mate..

Hope it's plain sailing from here. Very Happy Karma

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:19 - 10 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mammoth post Bubbs, but a good read, thanks for the great update.

Mike is a twat

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spur of the moment i've decided to sell my house and move to a new, more fun, location.

Offer received and accepted on this house and i've put in an offer on another which got accepted today.

This was a good project to cut my teeth on.. going to go bigger and better in the future.

Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make much/any profit?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11