 TheCatSatOnTh... Scooby Slapper
Joined: 30 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:54 - 20 Mar 2014 Post subject: Any Biochemists On Here? |
 |
|
Perhaps a long shot, but as a part of a project I'm working on I'm looking to find the cost in both work hours and £ per test run for a few tests.
Also, I would love it if you could point me in the direction of an appropriate journal or reference?
I'd love details for any or all of the following:
FBC
U&E
LFT
PCR
CRP
Bile acids
Coagulation (PT, APTT, INR)
True glucose
Thanks  |
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:43 - 20 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I do biochemistry (somewhat).
My reference lab does a package including proper comprehensive FBC (including differential, full red cell analysis, retics and film examination with manual platelets if necessary).
Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin, AG Ratio, Urea, Creatinine, ALT (SGPT) 37 C,
Alk. Phosphatase 37 C, Gamma GT 37 C, Sodium, Potassium, Inorganic phosphorus, Calcium, Glucose and Thyroxine for £23.70 + VAT. All-in as a profile.
That's at a lab called IDEXX. Their pricelist is online.
Time taken to run will vary enormously depending on what machine you use.
Do the test on a handheld istat and you'll get the result in seconds. I post my samples and get results next day from the reference lab.
Price will vary by volume too. If I want 200 of a particular test running and send them all to a reference lab together, they'll load the whole lot into their big wet analyser, bomb through them all in 15 minutes and charge a pittance. Setup time and casette wasteage is a major factor. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
 Tracey Suntan-King World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Nov 2012 Karma :   
|
|
 TheCatSatOnTh... Scooby Slapper
Joined: 30 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
 smegballs World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Karma :  
|
|