Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hyosung Gt125 vs Gt125r

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

LothianRider
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 19 Mar 2014    Post subject: Hyosung Gt125 vs Gt125r Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm fairly new to riding I passed my CBT last August and love every minute of riding. I had a 05 plate CBR125 for passing my test, but sold it before winter. Now I have the chance at a real cheap hyosung Gt125 (naked bike), I know 'things are cheap for a reason' I have read loads of reviews good bad etc but everyone has their own experience. Anyway I know the only difference between the 125 and the 125R is no fairings, different clocks, bars, forks and so fourth. My question is I like the sports fairing look of the 125R, I want to know if it's possible to attach the front end fairings and light from the 125R onto naked 125 ? I have tried to search and not found a definitive answer so curious if anyone has extensive experience or knowledge of the hyosung Gt125

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flumpy7
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 31 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 19 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Nothing wrong with the hyosung engine and the rest of it is pretty well made too to be honest. The only problem you'll have is parts will start to get scarce/expensive as i understand no-one imports hyosung into the uk anymore. Aside from that i'd have one. For a 125 they look like 600's. That can be a downside though as they are pretty heavy for the small hp.
____________________
2012 Sinnis apache
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

flumpy7
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 31 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 19 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just realised i didnt answer your question at all.

Unfortunately i dont know the answer.

Sorry to have been ghey.
____________________
2012 Sinnis apache
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LothianRider
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 19 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for reply I totally agree. I read reviews on various websites that do road tests etc. the overall ratings in handling, reliability, quality and so on was really good for a 'budget' bike. Yes they are big and heavy bikes for a 125 but the way I look at it, it's a good starting point for people like myself who want to go on to direct access, to get used to the size and weight.

P.s no problem, I do prefer the sports bike look as apposed to the streetfighter or naked bike look. I know people may say just save and buy the GT125R but a close friend is selling the GT125 to me at a good price.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 19 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the gt and ride it for what it is, the GTR look nice thats about it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:53 - 19 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible.

It will cost more than the bike is worth though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good hard look at the swing arm, especially the centre of it. You'll want the exhaust to be in good condition. Actually, you'll want everything to be in good condition.

I wouldn't fancy your chances of fitting the fairing even if you can find any. The top yoke will be different and there will be mounts for the plastics that you'll be missing.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:21 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Startright Motorcycles for spares availability for Hyosungs
tel..01132453643
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LothianRider
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I done a little digging around to see if frames were different but they are exactly the same. The mounts for the plasters at the sides are like clamps that go round the frame I'm sure so that won't be so bad. Yes I'm sure the top yoke would of been different as they use different style bars but I'm not sure if a GT125R yoke would fit straight on as it's got USD forks ?

I have sourced a full front end for the bike so would be just a case of fitting the panels etc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:03 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your money to spend, but I would reeeeeally recommend that you consider carefully whether it's worth spending money to create a Frankenbike.

Bear in mind that insurers will brutalise you if you declare that it's modified, and that even the dimmest loss adjuster might be able to figure out that a Comet GT125 isn't supposed to have clip-ons and a fairing.

If you want a GT125R, why not just get one? If the Comet is a genuine bargain, you could even sell it on to fund the purchase of an R.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparkss
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:53 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't answer your question completely but after playing about with this bike a fair bit I would say that you could in fact put fearings on it if you spend enough money buying all the extra bits you thought you didnt need. head over to korider and I'm sure you will find a thread about how to do it, but I would recommend asking yourself if you still want to do it after a month or two when the new toy effect has worn off which makes you go a bit overboard with the debit card.

I've got the 250r and no matter how nice it looked the name badge just totally ruined it Laughing, It's a shame really because it is quite reliable and good looking in my opinion but so many people turn their nose down at it thinking it's Chinese. I was parked up once and a kid was dribbling over it despite being parked next to a litre gsxr, his dad attempted to 'correct' him Rolling Eyes

Not worth 300+ and hassle for fearings in my eyes however the two bikes should sell for similar prices so taking on board your mates discount, another 150 or so should get you an R.

If you've passed your test why don't you get something bigger?
____________________
R1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.77 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 67.83 Kb