Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My nob works really well ATM

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: My nob works really well ATM Reply with quote

But one day it might fail. My old Dr was the same age as me and I regarded him as a friend (he once punched my lights out when we were pissed). If I had a bit of a problem down there I could talk it over with him but he has retired early. My new Dr is as fit as a butchers dog but we do not have that connection and I would not feel happy pulling my plonker out with her other than in a social situation. My old Dr understood my lifestyle, if my ribs were broke he would tell me how to strap them on a race day and splint up ripped muscle and supply a bit of Tramadol so I could get on a bike.
I do not doubt the new Drs qualifications and professionalism but I miss the empathy.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:56 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must thank god that like many here, if you do have any problems you can pop it on the table, take a pic and ask for advice on here.

(ps, celery and duct tape makes an excellent marital splint in an emergency)
____________________
Blackmail is a nasty word........but not as nasty as phlegm!
XT1200Z and a DR350 in bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:58 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that your new doctor will require a chaperone in there as well as you are of differing sex and have a issue of a personal nature.

So there will be a witness to the following: "Ok Mr Ariel, lets get things out se we can see if there is a underlying issue"

"I need it all out Mr Ariel"

"Oh, it is all out *squints*"
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about the odd bit of Tramadol, these new doctors are prescription happy. I went to mine (newly qualified young woman) in November because I thought I had bust a rib after I told her there was no way I was going to hospital, she prescribed me enough codeine and diazepam (not sure why diazepam) to kill a large elephant, she spent most of the 10 minute appointment asking me about my bike that was parked outside her window.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to really like DF118s - little codeine tablets that worked brilliantly with a couple of cans and hot knives. But I haven't seen them for years, and last time I managed to get a couple they were rubbish. I think they'd been hanging around a while and lost their strength, do they do that?? Meanwhile my doctor is plural - it's a group practice and you never see the same person from one year to the next.
____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
I used to really like DF118s - little codeine tablets that worked brilliantly with a couple of cans and hot knives. But I haven't seen them for years, and last time I managed to get a couple they were rubbish. I think they'd been hanging around a while and lost their strength, do they do that?? Meanwhile my doctor is plural - it's a group practice and you never see the same person from one year to the next.


They still exist but are known by the generic name dihydrocodeine. I've been prescribed them in the past for very painful conditions like a frozen shoulder. They do the job alright.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:15 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Ariel, you can buy the necessary meds on the net quite easily should things deteriorate. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. When I was at Uni, I had an excellent Doctor. I came to him with some very bizarre shit in my "I have ready access to medical journals and amphetamines" phase of my life.

He always handled everything with cheer and a quick google image search.

He would have laughed at my "Only a deep sense of unease" answer to the Austrian doctor's "What do you feel now?", while wiggling a finger up my harris.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 4.92 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 57.31 Kb