Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Why I am saying Goodbye to BCF before a proper Hello

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Random Banter by G (24 Mar 2014 - 20:39)
View previous topic : View next topic  

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 09:49 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
...I was offered a job on the spot today...a job in which you can earn 72k in your first year...

Off-topic, do you want someone to carry your bags? Could do with a career change. Wink Very Happy

On topic (sort off) being an enthusiastic amateur historian the mumsnet deletion of posts and banning sort of reminds me of how Stalin rewrote history in his own image. That is not a good analogy, given his other social failings. Although I suspect mumnsnet HQ would take it as a complement.

I'm also reminded when using the internet and other forums..."Let's be careful out there"*

Spudly wrote:
These are the people speaking on behalf of your gender sadly yambabe. Presumptuous, ignorant, intolerant and self absorbed. Everything they are accusing us of, interestingly...
Don't forget being listened to by government given Prime Minister wanting to appear on it. That's worrying, it's like they've been given the ok. I'm sure they consider that an endorsement of their views and what they say and a big pat on the back (is patting women on the back sexist, patronising, whatever?). Don't they realise politicians don't care. they just wants their votes?

Thumbs Up

* brownie points if you get the TV show reference

Last edited by map on 09:59 - 27 Mar 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackw72 wrote:
If you are in a female-dominated environment, eventually the discussion will turn to ___insert what women talk about___ -

"bitching about everything" is probably the best thing to insert in there Smile

I love being female, I really do. I'm happy that I was born a girl, and happy about the era I was born into, fortunate to be in the midst of a social revolution, kindly organised by those very same feminists, which gave me the freedom to be whoever I want.

Thinking Although I'd quite like to have been Mrs 1950s with a pinny over her pristine circle skirt drinking gin in the kitchen at 11 in the morning Thinking

But really ... most women have a tendency to dissect and overanalyse everything. And then once they've shredded the guts of a subject, they criticise - until there is nothing left but a train-smash of emotion. I wish they we wouldn't. Crying or Very sad Its so damn unseemly.

Last edited by hellkat on 20:22 - 27 Mar 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
"Let's be careful out there"

Hill Street Blues Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
I have to disagree with you there, BCF isn't chauvinistic or excessively misogynistic.

No, I think you will find that in fact, it REALLY REALLY is Laughing

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 10:17 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nothing as exciting as this has happened since the Bikersweb invasion. Hellkat started that too...

It's all Hellkat's fault!

Wub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say BCF is any more chauvinistic or misogynistic than mumsnet is misandrist and whatever the female equivalent of chauvinism is.

It was said earlier in the thread and to a point it's true, BCF doesn't care about your gender, until you make it an issue. When that happens, a person should expect to have their mettle tested. There will be insults, put downs and hurt feelings. Online communities are very different in some ways from traditional communities, a toxic member can cause real damage, the testing is part of the weeding out process which has to take place.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Ah, nothing as exciting as this has happened since the Bikersweb invasion. Hellkat started that too...

Wub

Crikey, nice one! We don't see you much around these parts these days, madam Cool

Anyway, Clanger started that invasion, not me. She was here before me, and suggested we come over and menace you. I just drifted over here like so much flotsam with the others from BW.

Not many of us left these days Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:45 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:

Wub

Lots of things have but they tend to be removed these day. Sad

I remember what happened to bikersweb after they invaded BCF, I wonder if the same should happen to mumsnet. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:46 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Anyway, Clanger started that invasion, not me. She was here before me, and suggested we come over and menace you. I just drifted over here like so much flotsam with the others from BW.

Might be remembering wrong, but she was shown here by Zimma?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:02 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only here because Ste nobcatted the Westminster parking charge bawww forums. It may actually be true that there's no such thing as bad publicity. Thinking

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, someone has said something that mumsnet don't like. How very terrible, I suppose we shall all have to undergo a 12 week multiculti-diversi-liberalism aware brainwashing course.

Krad is never about when you need him.

Anyway, as a peace offering to mumsnet I offer these pictures.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0X6CsL6eQoI/TXOo6hK6iMI/AAAAAAAAACo/PmcjP_p2swg/s1600/Your-right-to-free-speech-ends-when-my-hurt-feelings-begin.jpg

https://emptormaven.com/img/SCAR_17S_R.jpg

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/big_83e304_362975.jpg

https://www.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dc795a4f14162d9f04992a35c793efe88946ea0829e646dad5c15ba689f09dd4.jpg

https://webcast.web.cern.ch/webcast/static/images/events/public/tracker.jpg

https://8tracks.imgix.net/i/001/279/197/60420.original-3990.jpg?q=65&sharp=15&vib=10&fm=jpg

https://www.maxfarquar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Biggest-Wanker.png

https://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110530002427/deadliestfiction/images/2/25/Five-seveN_USG.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l49e0ahl1Ug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:46 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the publicity for the parking charge was bad publicity. Razz

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Confused Laughing

https://www.nonstop.estranky.cz/img/picture/127/pastelkyfu2.jpg

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:00 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd enjoy mumsnet coming over here, they might see how to have a decent debate and discussion without posts that don't tow the party line being removed. Someone bring them over!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would such the laff-riot that you think.

If Korn is worried about his site's credibility *now*, the prospect of having a load of feminist mothers raising the BCF profile by having "us" appear as the monster du jour in the Daily Mail is probably the last thing he needs Laughing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:28 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

If Korn is worried about his site's credibility *now*, the prospect of having a load of feminist mothers raising the BCF profile by having "us" appear as the monster du jour in the Daily Mail is probably the last thing he needs Laughing

I think even the Daily Mail is aware of how Wacko mumsnet is.

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizzzadora

https://data1.whicdn.com/images/16899585/large.jpg

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackw72 wrote:
If you are in a female-dominated environment, eventually the discussion will turn to ___insert what women talk about___ - and the toilet seat will stay down.

Apparently you've never been in the situation of a lone guy hanging out with a group of girls.

IME a bunch of girls will talk far more openly and graphically about sex/bodily functions than a group of guys will, to the extreme where you'll find yourself reaching for the mind-bleach.

In the different social circles I roll in, the guys don't really say too much about sex other than shit like "I slept with xyz last week" or relatively mild innuendoes about "smashing back doors in" etc etc Contrast this a bunch of girls who will be going into so much graphic details you'd think they were taking down fucking pacenotes.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 12:42 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Maybe so but the Daily Mail is acknowledged as a woman's 'newspaper'* and mums are women and mums buy newspapers (or read them down the hairdressers**) so don't want to offend them.

Plus politicians read newspapers and the Daily Mail is there to tell them what to think.

Thumbs Up

* I use the term loosely. I haven't read it in a while so can't comment on how much 'news' is in it. The cynic in me suspects a tad more that 'The Sun' but I bet it's a close call.

** Doh! was that misogynistic? I'm resorting to sarcasm and irony there. Maybe I'm a ironic, sarcastic misogynist and didn't even know it. Don't you just love sticking labels on people Rolling Eyes

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

yambabe wrote:
how can there be a reasoned debate on the subject if anyone with an alternative opinion is not allowed to express it? Rolling Eyes

Mumsnet = 1/(reasoned debate), as fundamental as e=mc^2 Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:55 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

That's an excellent idea, Korn will be so happy with the free advertising in a national newspaper. Mr. Green

(in b4 Korn bans me! Razz)

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

0/10 would not operate with.

Five-seven is an expensive novelty gun with very expensive ammo for cod kids.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:32 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

They're also aware of how big the market is for "UK's biggest BIKER forum full of BESTIALITY and RAPE PLOTS" hatchet pieces.

Be careful what you wish for, or it'll be GB Bikers for all of us.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mumsnet is great - once you get over the pervasive odour of desperation, stale Lambrini, neglected kids, armpit sweat and failure.

I wouldn't go anywhere else for my penis beakering needs.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:50 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
chris-red wrote:

They're also aware of how big the market is for "UK's biggest BIKER forum full of BESTIALITY and RAPE PLOTS" hatchet pieces.

Be careful what you wish for, or it'll be GB Bikers for all of us.

Pass the popcorn

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Dis_2b7a93_2814609.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12