 GeorgeB. Crazy Courier

Joined: 08 Mar 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:09 - 25 Mar 2014 Post subject: CB400 bogging |
 |
|
Hi all,
I've had a bit of an issue for a while with my CB400, where that it'll die after giving it some beans for a bit (or trying to sit at anything over 65 on the motorway). I've discovered that this is because the the fuel cap breather is blocked, therefore creating a vacuum preventing free-flow of fuel
Unfortunately I only worked that out on the M6, 70 miles from home at about 10PM on Sunday night. So, as a temporary fix, I rode home with my fuel cap open (not wide open, it was closed as much as possible without locking it. Problem solved, sat at 90 without even caughing all the way home and would pull me to 120ish without any issue.
However, after a spirited ride to work yesterday morning, the bike started bogging. It's not the same issue as the fuel cap blockage, because that's now fixed. It still accelerates but not as quickly as it should, and the engine sounds weird.
Is it possible that I've managed to get road crap in my tank/carbs? Or something simpler than that? ____________________ Current: '99 Fazer 600 | '99 Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE
Previous: Keeway TX125 | CBF 125 | CB400SF Project Big One
CBT 04/12/12 | Theory 03/12/13 | MOD 1 06/01/14 | MOD 2 13/01/14 |
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
 GeorgeB. Crazy Courier

Joined: 08 Mar 2013 Karma :  
|
|
 orac World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Sep 2011 Karma :   
|
|