Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Less sport more tourer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

pablodrugsmul...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:17 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Less sport more tourer Reply with quote

Bought my fazer as my first big bike, i was looking at a v strom, transalp and the like but at the time it was out of my budget so i grabbed this. I regularly have to go to Lincolnshire, an expensive journey in my car and enjoy going out on my bike exploring purposely getting lost. Ill be planning some proper specific routes and stuff in the future but as i had 0 no claims because i didn't stick with my 125 for long enough, im 100% keeping the fazer until i have a years ncb and probably longer if it continues to behave, plus it really does shift and still doesn't guzzle fuel so i decided to try to make it more how id like it to be.

When i bought her
https://i.imgur.com/TxER7xrl.jpg

First thing was to grab a rack for my top box, my old 37L wasnt big enough though so i managed to get a larger 45L 2nd hand one for 50 quid, fits my jacket and helmet plus lock etc so about as big as i want to go. I was thinking about panniers but a larger top box doesn't hinder vital time saving, filtering. I own an amazing kriega r30 which is 100% waterproof and is so comfy you forget your wearing it, may buy a us30 but im worried about my custom seat interfering, doubt id need to carry more than that or i might just grab a givi xs307. I fitted a switched usb socket to power my garmin virb i have mounted on the handle bars along with my sat nav.

Funds are limited atm but im purposely only adding stuff i could transfer to another bike in the future. I put some blind spot mirrors on and fitted a deflector i got off ebay, after some playing with it i found i was doing speeds faster than i thought because of less wind resistance making me feel i was going slower, i did find some more air was being sent towards my arms/elbows but nothing that bothered me.
https://i.imgur.com/J5tVgHYl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/euB0fGQh.jpg?2
https://i.imgur.com/tcZjMJvl.jpg

I bought some massive v strom hand guards cheaply off ebay im planning to adapt to fit, should help keep most of the wind blast off and the rain. They will require some modification to not hit the fairing on full lock but looks doable and they only cost me 23 quid with the fittings.
https://i.imgur.com/7T2MOYql.jpg

Im still waiting to have the cash to buy an omni cruise throttle lock which should help with the motorway bits, planning to add some kind of spotlights too. I was thinking of tinting the awful candle headlights yellow to make me stick out more and using the spotlights to actually light up infront of me, obviously pointed downwards to not blind anyone. Not sure the yellow tint is legal though, seems some think it is and other coppers will pull you over for it.
https://i.imgur.com/OKLdnkDl.jpg

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:41 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Strom guards should fit, They fit my TDM with only minor mods to the bar ends. I'm pretty sure the levers are the same. Have a go a fitting them following the V-Strom instructions, you'll need a couple of extra nuts.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the new spark plug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 14 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Don't forget the new spark plug.

Laughing Laughing

pablodrugsmul...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:18 - 14 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
V-Strom guards should fit, They fit my TDM with only minor mods to the bar ends. I'm pretty sure the levers are the same. Have a go a fitting them following the V-Strom instructions, you'll need a couple of extra nuts.

From roughly test fitting i think the main problem is them hitting the fairing although ill need to trim the clutch lever fitting as the plastic slightly too wide. I managed to dl a copy of the instructions as i got mine 2nd hand from someone who fitted them to his honda pan.

Socket wrote:
The FZS600 is a very good bike even though it is an ugly cow.

A few modifications I have made in no partcular order;

R6 shock conversion - Big improvement over the saggy old standard shock.

HID projectors - As good as car headlights.

Dominator can - Crackles and pops.

Double bubble - Better than standard but not by much.

Scottoiler - Excellent when set up correctly.

15W fork oil - Firms up the front end big improvement over standard 10W.

I wouldn't call it a good looking bike but i think you can do a lot worse, yours is close to the custom metal flake paint a previous owner decided to have mine sprayed, was originally black, yours looks good Thumbs Up .

Mine had a hagon shock fitted and doesn't handle too badly, geo force (never heard of them Razz ) exhaust so it makes a nice loud noise and pops. An automatic chain oiler is something i should add, i was looking at tutoro versions, seemed to do the job but lack of funds blah blah. Don't you find a double bubble gives you a lot of buffeting? Mine came with the original and a double bubble but after trying it and it feeling like i was being punched repeatedly i decided instantly the givi touring was going back on Confused .
Vifferguy This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 218 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1