Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My poor little arse (now with pics)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MattJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on not dying. Did the police Attend? Did you get the driver's details and did they admit liability?

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good that you're not too hurt Thumbs Up . How's the bike and do you know if witnesses details were taken?

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 14:34 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're ok.
Now the big question, how's the bike? In ICU or gone to the breakers in the sky?

With painkillers get the max you can. GP can dish out Co-Codamol 30/500. Ask for a dose of anti-inflammatory meds, e.g. ibrofen. Take then together, one for pain the other to reduce swelling (so reduce pain too).

Get well soon. Await PM offers to check your arse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get a script for DF118s or some decent strength codeine and find you don't actually need it after all, PM me. Razz

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck mate Sad hopefully the bikes repairable Thumbs Up

Driver seem to be playing innocent at the time or was he accepting he messed up?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:12 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Wink

Insurance sorting it for you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:19 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Didn't you just get that MT-03? That must have been some impact to throw you over the bars from the standard riding position. Pale

https://www.visordown.com/news/images/5/MT-03rear.jpg

Hope it works out for you. Usual stuff, decent ambulance chaser, don't accept any quick offers until you know whether your back door has been permanently smashed in.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:45 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring a ding them tomorrow, give them all the details etc and let them sort shit out for a bit. Pester then after they go quiet for 2-3 days Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:37 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC wrote:
Gets better, mate just went to have a look at the bike, parking ticket...

Claim for that, but contest the ticket also Thumbs Up

delsol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
don't accept any quick offers until you know whether your back door has been permanently smashed in.

Sound advice, hasty acceptance of seemingly tasty offer has not worked out for a mate of mine.

How long does it take to know that there is no permanent damage or recurring (associated) problems ?

Ballpien
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:14 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you apologised for denting the poor blokes van...

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanYZF wrote:
I hope you apologised for denting the poor blokes van...

Just a scratch. Transits come with those as standard.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw you'd added pics so I clicked on this thread in the hope of seeing your cocc, cox, cok.....bottom. Frankly, I feel cheated.

However, glad you're not too battered, but be careful, a bruised tailbone takes a while to heal.

Otherwise. GWS.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC wrote:

Also getting paranoid, think the guy was local as a passerby went "oh its you *****". If the bike was to vanish does that mean the claim goes to my insurance?

Likely.

After my "off and unconcious" the fuzz shipped my bike to their local grease monkeys, where it was subsequently instantly stolen. This meant I had to negotiate with the garage for a pay out. They didn't want to put a claim in to their Insurance, and naturally insisted the bike was damaged beyond repair and therefore scrap value Twisted Evil despite witness stating it was clearly rideable.

Eventually got a cheque for almost what I paid for it. But took 2 weeks of blood sweat and tears.

Anyway, glad to hear your ok OP Thumbs Up 4/5 for paint diagram (-1 for lazy colouring)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=2f6b7c52efa8169844e8fcd4e33b075b&showforum=30

For your parking ticket. Thumbs Up

ws4936
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC wrote:
Checked MID & at least the guys insured this time Thumbs Up

Hopefully.
The guy that hit me was insured through admiral.

Turns out to get insured he had lied about his previous convictions and admiral dropped him so he was uninsured. I still settled with admiral, I wouldn't stop chasing them, in my eyes, at the time of the accident they were responsible. My guess is they are after the driver now as I had to sign a waiver promising not to pursue the driver.

Good luck and get well soon Karma Thumbs Up

Last edited by ws4936 on 00:54 - 29 Apr 2014; edited 1 time in total

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about your bike but, I'm glad you're relatively okay. Thumbs Up

As for your coccyx, it could take a fair while before it gets back to normal. It took the best part of eighteen months for mine to get to the point of being pain free, after my crash.

The only advice I can give is decent analgesia and anti-imflamitaries, such as co-codamol 30/500's and Diclofenac, as already suggested by other posters. Also, try not to sit on any hard or even firm(ish) surfaces,. In fact the softer and more padding the better. Riding a bike could prove tricky for a while. I used to have to anticipate bumps in the road and support my weight through my feet on the pegs. That was in a sportsbike position, the more upright you are, the worse it'll be I'm afraid.

GWS Thumbs Up

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/13/82/47/rear10.jpg

Sorry to hear about the incident, also from that photo is it me or does that Tyre look flat/serious need of pumping. If so would it work on your side/vehicle unsuitable for driving. The van's obviously not the bikes before any sarky comments.

ws4936
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/13/82/47/rear10.jpg

Sorry to hear about the incident, also from that photo is it me or does that Tyre look flat/serious need of pumping. If so would it work on your side/vehicle unsuitable for driving. The van's obviously not the bikes before any sarky comments.

Not sure about the psi on the van, think it should be about 45 iirc, but that subframe looks bent.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6