Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

We want your motorbike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: We want your motorbike Reply with quote

Just put in the details of my bike (Kawasaki zzr1400 2008, mint) through the website https://www.wewantyourmotorbike.com.

Had a call from them to say they will get back to me with hopefully the price that I said I wanted.

Shall I avoid like the plague and beat them back with a shitty stick and try sell though mcn/autotrader etc or go with them if they offer what I want? (Which I doubt the will as these sites never do)

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:17 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing If you think its worth £1000, they'll offer you £400.

Avoid init.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presuming its a similar outfit to the clowns that run webuyanycar and similar it will be on autotrader for you in a few months, for you to wince and sob over how much you undersold it Razz

But you never know - if they throw piles of money at you, why not I guess.

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have told them that I'm not accepting anything lower than 5k.

Last edited by pickettwayne on 13:19 - 01 May 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://callrecording.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/feature_recording.png
Mr. Green

Even if you do get offered a semi-reasonable price likely..., i've heard these sort of companies often ask for deposits payments and such for the agent person to arrive to 'pay and collect', and then disagree with your described condition of the vehicle - and refuse to accept it if you aren't willing lower the price/lose the deposit.

Scotsman37
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are like we buy any car dot com then they will offer you say about £400 up to £500 for 1/10th of the usual selling price. Why? they have turn it around and sell it with a sizable mark up to make a normal profit on it after expenses!

Companies like them prey on people that are desperate for money because that is why they make such killing on it by making such a huge profit on it by offering very little in return!

The average used price is about £4,000 to £5,000 for that bike, as can be seen here https://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/kawasaki/zzr1400/_/N-151+3016+191

Last edited by Scotsman37 on 12:33 - 01 May 2014; edited 4 times in total

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait and see what the offer is?

beardface
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:51 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid like a dose of the clap Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:11 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how they have a "no haggle policy". Rolling Eyes

"Oh, see, normally we wouldn't make an issue of it, but look, this bike's only got two wheels, you never told us that, that's proper misrepresentation that is..."

With the car lot, you bring the car in to them, then they keep you waiting for hours until your piss is fit to boil before trying to knock off hundreds of £££ for every real or imagined scuff, scratch, blemish or sound until the meek and easily bullied give in and just take whatever risible offer is left on the table.

That said, my dad did actually sell his spare car to them. He'd had it up for a month privately, not a whiff of interest, and his dealer chum told him that he couldn't match webuy's cash offer even at mate's rates. So he took it in, and being neither meek nor easily bullied, and also retired, told them that he had all day for this, and they could either pay the full offer price or watch him drive away. (sniff of familial pride)

However, there is one significant difference between that and the bike buyers.

With the bike lot, they're collecting from you, so they have to turn up at your convenience if they actually want the bike. You can then treat them like any other buyer and tell the truck monkey to either pay up in full or sod right off, at his time and expense.

Could be a laugh, really, just expect them to be chancers who probably won't even show up, and keep advertising it elsewhere as well.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 13:20 - 01 May 2014; edited 1 time in total

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:15 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update. Had an email from them just offering £4500 when I specifically told them i ain't accepting no lower then £5000. So just replied saying "Errrrrrr, no thanks".

So anyone interested in it? I already posted it in the for sale section few days back. Laughing

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Your Contact Info"

AKA

"Where can we get this free bike"

Scotsman37
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickettwayne wrote:
Quick update. Had an email from them just offering £4500 when I specifically told them i ain't accepting no lower then £5000. So just replied saying "Errrrrrr, no thanks".

So anyone interested in it? I already posted it in the for sale section few days back. Laughing

On MCN it sells for that price and for a company willing to buy it from you at cost price meaning they will not make dime out of it when selling it on - weird??? Are you sure that is right and not just a ploy to get a bite from you, and then turn round and give the real offer price after asking more probing question about it's history, etc?

And looking at the review website about them, and one person mentioned that offer price can be reduced after the person arriving at your address says that they must reduce the offer price because of blah, blah, blah is found wrong with it! so beware you may not get you expect from them from the initial offer, as it can change!

Customer review website

https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews258463.html

Viva Moto is where they sell on the bikes bought from people, as that is their selling part of the company!

https://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/124937/vivamoto.htm

Last edited by Scotsman37 on 13:38 - 01 May 2014; edited 3 times in total

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
However, there is one significant difference between that and the bike buyers.

With the bike lot, they're collecting from you, so they have to turn up at your convenience if they actually want the bike. You can then treat them like any other buyer and tell the truck monkey to either pay up in full or sod right off, at his time and expense.
Varies by company but theres plenty of local 'respectable car sales' businesses that will come and collect such vehicles with a truck, after a conditional deposit of course - which is more than reasonable after they put their trust in you to give a reasonable valuation of cost/condition and they give their extremely valuable time to help you out with the prospect of such a generous offer Liar

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealer one for a grand more, year older with 11k on auto trader. You take a hit for convenience, they haven't offered an insulting price.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404063116557/sort/recpriceascdefault/usedbikes/cc-from/1300cc/model/zzr/make/kawasaki/postcode/gl205al/page/1/radius/1500/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:31 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a waste of time although they might not be as bad as webuyanycar.com who wont buy any car as when I tried to sell them my neighbours car they weren't interested. Rolling Eyes

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

On closer inspection of the site... free nationwide collection... no haggle policy...

Its almost too good to be true Shocked

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:32 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private Good: £4,620
Private Average: £3,900
Private Poor: £3,180
Part Exchange: £4,260
Trade: £3,979

You should expect the "trade" price from a dealer buying for cash.

2007, 11,000 miles, 1 year's tax and mot, went for under £5000.

2008, 30,000 miles, with extras, "sold" for £4620. "quotes" because it was eBay so who knows what haggling went on at the point of sale.

Christoffee
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:34 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother sold his car through webuyanycar. Guy comes round, tried to knock him down, bro says "Not interested, see ya". Guy was clearly under pressure to get the car, and following just saying no and showing him the door eventually got full asking.

Not haggling as such, just saying "Go away buddy, conversation over".

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:41 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christoffee wrote:
My brother sold his car through webuyanycar. Guy comes round [...]

Recently? They used to operate like that, but are now a "You bring it to us" operation, which puts a lot more pressure on the seller.
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my focus st to WBAC a few years ago, car was mint, low mileage etc they offered me £12.5k online took it through and they knocked it down by £250 due to a slight misrepresentation on my part (I put it was a 2008 57 reg but it was 2007 57 reg). Was very happy with the price and money was in my account the next day.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, they prey on the desperate. Fine, if you're desperate, but otherwise avoid.

I had a quote from we buy any car, offered me £50. Sold it for 400 (that was a few years ago now)

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give ya £4501
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

Scotsman37
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll give ya £4501

Nice one! Thumbs Up Laughing

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conzar wrote:
I'll give ya £4501

Make it £4502 and I'l think about it. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2