 ickpers L Plate Warrior
Joined: 06 May 2014 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 15:05 - 06 May 2014 Post subject: Returning rider. |
 |
|
Im not new to bikes but I havent rid a bike in about 10 years. So am getting one in the next few weeks for the summer
Im wondering is my licence still ok to use, I passed my test maybe 14 years ago. Is my licence still valid? (thats a UK licence btw)
Might be a silly question but I know there was changes to the law a while ago so want to be sure before I buy a bike.
Cheers for any replies. |
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
 Teflon-Mike tl;dr

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:16 - 06 May 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
If the 'test' was the actual motorbike licence test, and not a CBT which many seem to think is a test.... then it OUGHT to be.
Check your licence for 'A' category entitlement; if its there, should be good, but if you have sent your licence back to DVLA for any reason, such as changing address or having points removed... HAS been known for them to 'loose' the entitlement in their records.
Other wise; find your local DAS School and book a 'Back-To-Bikes' refresher lesson, to get you started, and avoid making those, "Doh! Yup I remember NOW!" moments, bashing their bike not yours; Instructor will check your licence to make sure you are legal when you book in, and advice on any other 'news' that may be useful for you to know about, along the way. ____________________ My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?' |
|
 ickpers L Plate Warrior
Joined: 06 May 2014 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 17:31 - 06 May 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for replies. I guess its the same as the car licence then so thats ok
Im thinking about an r6, ive always been a fan of Yamaha and always wanted one.
My licence is out of date soon but I havent sent for the new one yet. |
|
 lihp World Chat Champion
Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
|