Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Need Some Help?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

n0zz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:21 - 18 Jul 2004    Post subject: Need Some Help? Reply with quote

Hey all, i'm just new to forums and thought i would post to see if any of u guys have any advice for me Wink ..

I have been riding about a year now, started off with a nice Suzuki Scooter boy that was a lot of fun lol..But after a unfortunate accident where i was hit from the side by a car i lost that Sad.
So i got a nice big insurance check and bought myself a Li-Fan LF125GY.

So i still have quite a bit of the insurance money left which i plan on using to go through my test at the start of next year Wink
My question is what would you recommend my next bike be, I was told by a couple of other bikers that i should probably go with a 400 and then build it up.

But i just wanted to see if you would recommend this or should i just go out and buy my dream bike the Suzuki GSX-R 750?

Thanks for taken the time to read my post Smile

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 18 Jul 2004    Post subject: Re: Need Some Help? Reply with quote

n0zz wrote:

should i just go out and buy my dream bike the Suzuki GSX-R 750?

No you will die. Wink

It depends on your age and budget. keep in mind that a £1000 bike which looks good may actually turn out to have prolems which could cost alot to fix, and then if its something sporty the insurance could be a nightmare! Ive seen people buy a £1000 bike which evetually turned into a £3000 bike once it was all added up Surprised

So when planning for your next bike rememeber to take into consideration the cost of insurance, clothing and maintanence.

If your under 21 then you will have to get something like a 400 or smaller untill you have been riding for 2 years. A Sports 400 would have to be restricted for this period.

If you are over 21 then getting a full blown superbike right away is a possabilty however you have to be sure you can handle both it, and its insurance! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

n0zz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:59 - 18 Jul 2004    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Well i was 21 last may there, so i don't have the problem of being restricted for 2 years not that i would mind, I just wasn't sure if i should just take a jump like that especially from a 125 to a 750.

I have been on the back of plenty of sports bikes including the lovely Yamaha R1 and i know what sort of power they can give out.

But i thank you for all your help. I shall be sure to add it all up before making a purchase Smile

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 14:04 - 18 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I dont think you should. Go and buy a 400 or a older 600.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 18 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know a guy who went from never having ridden a bike, to doing his DAS then buying an RSV Mille as his first bike. He is still alive and kicking Very Happy

so long as you know what your letting yourself in for and you take it steady for a few months then there is no reason why you wont be fine. Just resist that urge to open it up as soon as you get it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

n0zz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:21 - 19 Jul 2004    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Well i guess i should build up and maybe after i have passed my test go out and get that Baby Blade i have been looking at Wink

If i was to go out and by a 750 i do believe some of the users who have said you will die are right, i could never resist opening it up and watching it fly down the road while i lie on the floor lol.

So i think the Baby Blade will be the next bike, unless there is another bike out there that people think would be better?
I personally want a little bit of speed but mainly i want people to look at it when i drive past Smile. Yes i like to pose, although driving about on a trail bike not a lot of people look and say wow you know Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1