Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What do your do with your headcam footage?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: What do your do with your headcam footage? Reply with quote

Just curious what you guys do with your footage? Was thinking of doing a daily observations type thing*, although my camera's not that great quality, and I'm a bit worried/paranoid about having a time/date stamp. Obviously I'll edit out overtakes/speeding, and speaking of editing I'll need something that easily edits .mov files (any suggestions)?

* not a vlogger**

** honest
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete it regularly.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a few screenshots, some times save some clips.
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar thread.

Delete it after every ride.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing that, but recently keeping the 'interesting' stuff. Guess I'm just looking for something to justify the continual charging etc.

Just to be clear what I have in mind, just a small compilation of 'incidents' from the last few weeks. Would such a thing lead to a bcf backlash? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Just to be clear what I have in mind, just a small compilation of 'incidents' from the last few weeks. Would such a thing lead to a bcf backlash? Laughing


It's begging to sound a bit "shaky shaky of the head overact and go looking for accidents" already. Be careful what you wish for. We all ride and all encounter near misses, last thing I want to be doing is watching someone else commute after my own commute and a day at work.

I think I've adapted my youtube bike watching habits to the more mechanical side of things with delboys garage and alike. Builds, things of interest, bike reviews. The days of wanting to watch a BvG or alike blog while riding into and out of London are over. I'll watch RJ since he keeps it interesting / short / sweet / to the point but anyone else ney thanks.

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:39 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete 99% of it.

Make videos of the rest of it, and make the odd compilation / clip show like this one;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUiTvn2JALw

mostly though I just delete it, as it's miles and miles of nothing much happening
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:19 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one wants to see routine rides to work or whatever but we mostly like crashes and near misses, and you might get away with a few minutes from a scenic run.
It's worth experimenting with edit technique and uploading before you have something you 'need' to get right.

Software - best free one now is probably Gopro studio capable but not overly complicated.
It can work with any video pretty much and has a nice range of output options.

The key thing to do is delete most of it.
Watch some others and see what you like.
There isn't any obvious style that 'works'.

Some of the most popular ones hardly ever speak e.g. Royal Jordanian and Schaaf.
While Von Grumble and Richy Vida hardly shut up...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

buaan
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:44 - 14 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only really keep footage that is offroad, tours abroad, good roads etc but usually that sits on my HD for ages until I delete it.

I only really use the headcam incase I need it for insurance purposes, it is a habit that I have taken up since I had a big insurance battle when some lady duffed in to my car a few years ago.... but it is a poison chalice on the bike if you were in the wrong or riding too quickly etc.

I occassionally add small clips to youtube but only for the benefit of mates rather than gaining international fame Laughing
____________________
2007 - KTM 990 Adventure
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 21 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete it
unless someones a thundercunt then i trim the incident put on youtube with no real title and leave it for future lulz.
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:35 - 22 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep recording until the memory card is full.

Save some funny clips (to me) and get some screenshots of what I want.

Remove and continue to record my commutes.
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:04 - 22 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Delete it regularly.

this.

I save the odd one when something interesting happened in a vague interest to compile some kind of video for the toob of yoo but never get round to it
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 13 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I never become one of those police witness type people, but f**k me people sometimes make it tempting: https://youtu.be/ooK9GUZWT6s Rolling Eyes

Still not put a compilation together, DL'd a newer ver. of Windows Movie Maker (I know) that handles .mov files, but it takes forever to import them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.22 Sec - Server Load: 1.12 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 77.35 Kb