Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing etc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

EarthFromObse...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing etc Reply with quote

Hi all,

So, just noticed my bikes' tax is up in a month, so I thought I'd see about getting it taxed again. Unfortunately I need to change address 1st as I forgot to do it when I moved a few weeks back.

Online it says I can change the address at a post office and even get it taxed again while I'm there, all I need is the most recent MOT papers.

The problem is that I've never had to do this as the bike is less than 3 years old which means I'm not legally required to put it through an MOT. I can't work out what to do about this. I'm selling the bike in the next couple of weeks and really need to get this sorted ASAP.

Do I just go into the post office with my V5C form and explain my bike's not had an MOT due to it's age?
____________________
I'm the great pretender, as in, I don't really know what I'm talking about, be kind please.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing Reply with quote

Yep - they should know it doesn't need tax.

Remember at a post office you'll need the insurance certificate.

Or you can do it online.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

take your v5 to the post office.
tax your bike (if its too new to need an mot they check on there system that its insured and they sell you a tax disc.
then fill in the change of address bit green bit on v5.
dont tick the box saying new keeper.
post it off and wait for your new v5 at your new address.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing Reply with quote

G wrote:
Yep - they should know it doesn't need tax.

Remember at a post office you'll need the insurance certificate.

Or you can do it online.


Not any more. They check electronically (if at all)


At the Post Office

Go to your local Post Office. You'll need to take:

completed V11 reminder
MOT test certificate if required (must be valid when the tax disc starts)
the payment shown on the reminder

In Northern Ireland you'll also need an insurance certificate or cover note
.

____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing Reply with quote

G wrote:
Or you can do it online.


Laughing

Clearly did not read the Op......


As you totally missed that the op has MOVED.......
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:50 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing Reply with quote

Embarassed - I did, but failed to consider that people are actually bothered by having the tax disc - and that people don't stay in communication etc with the places they moved from!

So my tax discs often get sent all over the place.

Tax discs haven't got long left anyway (a matter of months) - long live the new system which bends us over a bit further to get their member REALLY deep in!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 01 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: I'm having some real trouble understanding about taxing Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
G wrote:
Yep - they should know it doesn't need tax.

Remember at a post office you'll need the insurance certificate.

Or you can do it online.


Not any more. They check electronically (if at all)


At the Post Office

Go to your local Post Office. You'll need to take:

completed V11 reminder
MOT test certificate if required (must be valid when the tax disc starts)
the payment shown on the reminder

In Northern Ireland you'll also need an insurance certificate or cover note
.
A MOT disc is also required in N.I as certs are not issued
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:41 - 03 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a pain in the arse that you need the mot form,
they can see on the computer that it has a bloody mot,
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:21 - 03 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt you redirect your mail from the old address ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.45 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 63.93 Kb