Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Chinese fairing kits

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rizzix
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Chinese fairing kits Reply with quote

Hi all,

Like a complete twat I took my 08 GSX650F for a slide down the road after hitting something slippery on the road.

Although I'm alright, the crank case cover cracked and RH/Front fairing got mashed.

Luckily I was able to replace the case cover with no issues, but looking for replacement fairing is becoming a nightmare.

I've noticed there are Chinese fairing kits on fleabay for pretty cheap. I've heard that they have a habit of the holes not lining up where they are supposed to. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Or better yet, does anyone know of a UK supplier of fairings that do GSX650F fairing?

TIA
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Karlbristol
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 02 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:49 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Re: Chinese fairing kits Reply with quote

Rizzix wrote:
Hi all,

Like a complete twat I took my 08 GSX650F for a slide down the road after hitting something slippery on the road.

Although I'm alright, the crank case cover cracked and RH/Front fairing got mashed.

Luckily I was able to replace the case cover with no issues, but looking for replacement fairing is becoming a nightmare.

I've noticed there are Chinese fairing kits on fleabay for pretty cheap. I've heard that they have a habit of the holes not lining up where they are supposed to. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Or better yet, does anyone know of a UK supplier of fairings that do GSX650F fairing?

TIA


I managed to lowside the exact same make model and age of bike last night with the only difference being that I've destroyed everything on the left hand side of the bike... And I do mean everything! Must be something going on with GSX 650s Laughing

Out of interest did yours start after the accident?
Mine does all the start up pre-checks but won't even try to turn over. I'm guessing that there's an accident tilt switch somewhere that I need to flip?

I've been looking at those cheap fairing kits with intrigue....
I'm half tempted to try and patch and custom home spray my existing panels before shelling out for aftermarket Chinese ones. At least that way they will fit correctly. I'd suggest doing the same if the damage isn't beyond repair. Apart from anything else even if it gets sprayed professionally it will probably cost less overall.

I've heard that the Chinese kits require a fair amount of fettling to fit correctly with various holes needing re-drilling. I've also heard that some discolour/strip if in areas near to heat eg the exhaust, engine etc...


As you imagine I've been living on eBay today especially due to my injuries. I've come across quite a lot of genuine fairings for the RHS. What colour are you after?
____________________
Currently riding: GSX650
Currently own but rarely drive: Boring family '12 plate VRS Octavia estate
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rizzix
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unfortunate mate Sad

Because the crank case cover cracked it pissed all the oil over the road so I didn't even attempt to start it with no oil in it. However, New cover and gasket fitted, ran some oil through just in case any dirt was in there then changed oil filter and filled her up - started first time.

However, on starting her up it was identified that a small crack was in the exhaust pipe leading up to the end can. It'll have to do until I can get it spot welded or something *shrug*.

Mine is the blue/white. I doubt I'll be able to repair the existing fairing as it snapped the mounting holes on the front when it ripped the windscreen out Sad

https://imgur.com/a/QZvSx

I'm not in any rush, but I'd like her back to normal in the not too distant future Smile[/url]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snipet
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope theres not a pattern here as I ride my GSX650F daily, and i love it so bits.
Only just changed my mirrors for integrated indicator ones, and it looks amazing.

Ive been looking into buying a fairing set from here: https://www.motofairingset.com/Suzuki-GSX650F-c-0-10371900.html

Wanting the black with the blue ghosts flame myself:
https://www.motofairingset.com/images/upfile/month_1302/201302282323012694.jpg
____________________
First Bike: Pulse Rage 125cc Second Bike: Kymco KR Sport 125cc Third Bike: Kawasaki ZR7-S 750cc
Forth Bike Honda VFR 750cc Fifth Bike Honda NT650 Deauville Fifth Bike Suzuki GSX650F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rizzix
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipet, I love you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snipet
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would look great with my flush indicators:
https://s17.postimg.org/ktwabnkr3/2014_07_09_20_32_04.jpg

And new Mirrors:
https://s17.postimg.org/4zlzfile7/2014_07_09_20_32_19.jpg

Heres a before and an after, sooo glad the ugly sticking out indicators are gone:
https://s17.postimg.org/murfa86a7/2014_07_09_19_23_51.jpg
____________________
First Bike: Pulse Rage 125cc Second Bike: Kymco KR Sport 125cc Third Bike: Kawasaki ZR7-S 750cc
Forth Bike Honda VFR 750cc Fifth Bike Honda NT650 Deauville Fifth Bike Suzuki GSX650F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

t121anf
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My auctmart ones for my gsxr were a perfect fit, every hole was spot on.

It's when you mix with oem you run into problems.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipet wrote:
I think it would look great with my flush indicators:
https://s17.postimg.org/ktwabnkr3/2014_07_09_20_32_04.jpg

And new Mirrors:
https://s17.postimg.org/4zlzfile7/2014_07_09_20_32_19.jpg

Heres a before and an after, sooo glad the ugly sticking out indicators are gone:
https://s17.postimg.org/murfa86a7/2014_07_09_19_23_51.jpg


How the fuck are people meant to see your indicators from anything other than 90 degrees on?
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Karlbristol
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 02 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:05 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipet wrote:
I hope theres not a pattern here as I ride my GSX650F daily, and i love it so bits.
Only just changed my mirrors for integrated indicator ones, and it looks amazing.

Ive been looking into buying a fairing set from here: https://www.motofairingset.com/Suzuki-GSX650F-c-0-10371900.html

Wanting the black with the blue ghosts flame myself:
https://www.motofairingset.com/images/upfile/month_1302/201302282323012694.jpg


That's spot on with the fairing sets - good find thank you Thumbs Up

Once I've managed to get my bike up and running again I shall have a look at saving up and buying one of those... I'm partial to that solid black scheme Thinking
____________________
Currently riding: GSX650
Currently own but rarely drive: Boring family '12 plate VRS Octavia estate
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 88 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 66.09 Kb