Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Flash Tune for R1 and R6

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 22 Jul 2014    Post subject: Flash Tune for R1 and R6 Reply with quote

I have bought the flash tune leads so i can flash the ecu's for Yamaha R1 07-08 and Yamaha R6 08-13

i can upload any Power commander map direct to your ecu (so you can bin/sell the pc3/5)
i can adjust your fans temps to come on earlier so you don't heat up so much (as the 07-08 R1 fans come on at 105 deg, mine now come on at 97 deg and turn off at 91 deg

there is a race spec map which i find is a bit more fuel efficient than the standard map and the bike feels more responsive and faster
it can also correct your speedo as mine was misreading from standard by 6%, plus it can compensate for change in sprockets.

there are many other features you can mod

only bad thing is you will lose the factory immobiliser function

if you want it done private message me and bring me a bottle of crabbies ginger beer cider and jobs done.

whole thing takes about 10 mins including removing your ecu from your bike

normally this costs £150-£180 from various people found on ebay but im not charging anything just a free help to my fellow bcf'ers

im in south east london by the way

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 22 Jul 2014    Post subject: Re: Flash Tune for R1 and R6 Reply with quote

woo wrote:
I have bought the flash tune leads so i can flash the ecu's for Yamaha R1 07-08 and Yamaha R6 08-13

i can upload any Power commander map direct to your ecu (so you can bin/sell the pc3/5)
i can adjust your fans temps to come on earlier so you don't heat up so much (as the 07-08 R1 fans come on at 105 deg, mine now come on at 97 deg and turn off at 91 deg

there is a race spec map which i find is a bit more fuel efficient than the standard map and the bike feels more responsive and faster
it can also correct your speedo as mine was misreading from standard by 6%, plus it can compensate for change in sprockets.

there are many other features you can mod

only bad thing is you will lose the factory immobiliser function

if you want it done private message me and bring me a bottle of crabbies ginger beer cider and jobs done.

whole thing takes about 10 mins including removing your ecu from your bike

normally this costs £150-£180 from various people found on ebay but im not charging anything just a free help to my fellow bcf'ers

im in south east london by the way

If you brick my ECU will you replace it?

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 22 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

there is a extremely slight chance your ecu may blow but i have not heard of anyone's blowing yet either here or in america

so its done at your own risk

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:42 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't the flashing, it's the sending of the ECU, the thing costs well over £1000 last time I had to replace one, so do you trust anyone to transport it correctly, cos I don't! Laughing

TheCatSatOnTh...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:21 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo is trying to be nice. You lot are so cynical. Laughing

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want your ecu flashed (knowing the risk) come check me as i will not do a postal thing.

google flash tune and read up as im not explaining it

if you dont want your ecu flashed ignore my post and carry on as you were Rolling Eyes

I offer free help and people want to behave as if im supposed to offer customer service like sainsburys Laughing

TheCatSatOnTh...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:37 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
I offer free help and people want to behave as if im supposed to offer customer service like sainsburys Laughing

Oh ffs, so now you're saying we don't get Nectar points too? Wink

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice offer. I don't have an R1/6 but thanks for the offer.

GeorgeB.
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:06 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an R1 or an R6, but have some Karma Thumbs Up

Maybe MilfJizzMuncher will be along to take you up on the offer though.

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing, I only wish I had my 08 R1 still, I would speed to yours(crabby's in hand) as fast as my bike could take me.

TUG wrote:
The problem isn't the flashing, it's the sending of the ECU, the thing costs well over £1000 last time I had to replace one, so do you trust anyone to transport it correctly, cos I don't! Laughing

I had to replace mine due to an attempted theft, so I replaced the whole key/ecu system for a price of £260. Where did you buy that? The dealers?

Snorty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met a guy who had ridden his R1 all the way from London to Leeds to get his ECU flashed.

Do not many places do it or something?

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

only places that do it in the uk is velox racing and you send him your ecu, hes in jersey. Mike charges about £150 and can be negiotiated with on price as hes a top helpful fella

other place is either leeds or norwich company called track electronics. dont know the leeds company
john at track electroncs is cool and did his best to fit my bike in at short notice each time i wanted to change something but london to norwich is long to keep doing each time and i cant deal with posting the ecu as i use the bike everyday
these places will do a custom map on a dyno for you and flash the ecu for about £180

the kit itself all in what i got was about £400 odd
expensive but means i can learn and do stuff my self

just dont tell my girl i spent £400 old on cables and not an engagement ring

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishbash II wrote:

I had to replace mine due to an attempted theft, so I replaced the whole key/ecu system for a price of £260. Where did you buy that? The dealers?

Holy shit, did they let you fuck their wife and daughter too with a meal afterwards! Laughing

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should tell bodyguard - his R6 would really benefit from this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 24 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
Someone should tell bodyguard - his R6 would really benefit from this!

Shame they aren't offering a free sprocket unwelder and a smack around the noggin with a brick as well. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 20 days between these two posts...

Speeddemon30
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:41 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Immobilizer 2013 Yamaha r6 Reply with quote

Hello I recently did a frame swap on my 2013 Yamaha r6. The whole front forks along with ignition and cluster were ripped off and destroyed so I had to replace all of it after putting the bike all the way back together and trying to start it figured out about the anti theft system. My question now is how do I go about fixing the issue will flashing my ecu work or what are my options now. I took it to a local shop in my home town just to pay $1000 for h to store my bike and not do any of the work he said he had done. So I'm at the point of just parting the bike back out which I don't want to do but I don't know where to go fr here please if anyone could help it would make my year thank you

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. I really must get into the habit of checking the date in a thread *before* I read through it and only then discover that it's 5 years old and the only new/important bit is tacked on to the end.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:09 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Re: Immobilizer 2013 Yamaha r6 Reply with quote

Speeddemon30 wrote:
just to pay $1000 for h to store my bike and not do any of the work he said he had done

Put it in H. Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vdtBMG4Kg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1