Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Yamaha DTR 125 Clutch Release Point?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Boxing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 02 Aug 2014    Post subject: Yamaha DTR 125 Clutch Release Point? Reply with quote

Hi all.

When I pull the clutch in at the lights it starts rolling forward, and I have to apply the back brake, then it begins trying to stall. So the biting point of the clutch is out.

I've put a new clutch cable on, tried adjusting it to put some slack in, and same problem.

When I put it in gear with the engine off and push it forward, it's like having the clutch completely out.

I can't seem to figure out why it won't adjust. Also, two of the plates stick together as seen in the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XDy4wkW_SQ

I'm told they're fine and shouldn't stick when there is transmission oil in. Is that true?

Edit:
It's also near on impossible to get into neutral. I have to turn the engine off in order to put it in neutral or get into neutral as I'm rolling to lights etc, when stopped it won't enter unless the engine is off. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

joshuaHolden
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:56 - 06 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you replaced the gear oil, what did you use if so?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.02 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 31.47 Kb