Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pepperami has an off!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Pepperami has an off! Reply with quote

Well it’s the first time in ..... oo! About 25 years Mad .
I was out and about on the Honley RX3 this morning.
The rain was biblical so I was taking it easy thankfully.

Even though I was going nice and easy around a roundabout, the rear wheel decided to overtake the front wheel? Shocked .
I ended up facing the wrong way and on my side.
Thankfully only my pride and dignity were bruised.

The crash bars around the front fairing and panniers did thier job perfectly.
Two paint scuffs on the crash bars is all I will need to sort out, happy days!

Two bikes damaged in two days (some twat damaged the front indicator on my Kawasaki yesterday) , I’m doing well?
I think I’ll stay off bikes for a day or two and get my head back into the right mindset.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your feet up for a bit, fella.
Hope there's not too much bruising.
Wub

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Re: Pepperami has an off! Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Thankfully only my pride and dignity were bruised.

Judo roll, ftw?

If only we had something like, I dunno, a thread in the general bike section where people could post about their crashes Laughing

Glad you're not hurt, and at least it wasn't the 6R - expensive fairing damage avoided! Very Happy

Oh, and BCF says it wasn't diesel that caused it, and even if it was, you wouldn't have crashed if you'd had your knee down at 6 zillion mph Folded arms
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked for the 2019 spill counter and couldn’t find it?

Yer I was doing it all wrong, I should have gone faster with MOAR power! Laughing Wink

Thank you Ms Kat Thumbs Up bike in garage, hot bath, feet up Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it steady Pep!! Glad to hear you're not hurt or potato. Thumbs Up I haven't seen a spill counter either. This forum is dying. Crying or Very sad

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I haven't seen a spill counter either. This forum is dying. Crying or Very sad

I hereby start a poll to send someone on a hunt in the Scottish wilderness for the Borg: he always spammed the crash counter thread. Laughing

Rain must have missed us, thank fudge. Spent past few commutes planning routes where there wasn't a risk for a swim in the space-suit gear.

Get yourself some pilot road's (3/4/5). Not saying it would have changed the outcome but I stopped worrying about adverse weather because of them a long time ago.

GBS. Thumbs Up

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there's no 2019 spill counter because all of BCF are skilled and competent riders and therefore don't fall off?*

Apart, of course from the millions of BCFers who went out in the rain without a Rainfriend and got needlessly deaded because they couldn't see through their misty, rainy, visors.Thinking Thinking

* poor old Peppers being the exception

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck... These things happen. I've got my own thoughts and opinions about adventure bikes... In general, I, personally, wouldn't ride one (I had a nasty crash on one some years ago). I've got my reasons but I won't bore anyone with them.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Maybe there's no 2019 spill counter because all of BCF are skilled and competent riders and therefore don't fall off?*

Apart, of course from the millions of BCFers who went out in the rain without a Rainfriend and got needlessly deaded because they couldn't see through their misty, rainy, visors.Thinking Thinking

No the reason the spill counter is lack-cluster this season is coz of:

Brexit.
WIPEY, No names No Backpack.
The forum is dying.
And Brexit II.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 10 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

I started the trend by crashing in Jan, in such a pathetic way it didn't seem spill thread worthy, even though I lay in the road under the bike until a couple of passersby helped lift the bike off me Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1