Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Staffordshire Classic Bike Show

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Staffordshire Classic Bike Show Reply with quote

https://www.classicbikeshows.com/event/the-21st-carole-nash-classic-motorcycle-mechanics-show/

18th/19th October.

Anybody going?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, we might make the trip, need to check the diary!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:21 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong possibility I will go. Usual life-stuff may prevent.
Also a slim chance that I will have a wodge of cash to spend on auction day so may need someone else to ride my 'other' bike back. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:
Strong possibility I will go. Usual life-stuff may prevent.
Also a slim chance that I will have a wodge of cash to spend on auction day so may need someone else to ride my 'other' bike back. Mr. Green

I'll do it!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Thumbs Up I'll amend insurance for the day, but as I said it's a slim chance.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21898/#/MR0_page=1&MR0_length=50&MR0_category=list&m0=0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:

Are you sure you can cope with 3 1/2 horsepower? Razz

Plus, I'd barely get my lunch in those saddle bags, not exactly a long distance tourer, is it? Wink Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21898/preview_lot/4713164/

1970s Superbike caught my eye.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:50 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:

That sir, is R1 money.

I would do you if you had an R1, dem sexy.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You presume too much Sir, for I may be requiring a pointy nosed weapon too. Smile

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
HT wrote:

That sir, is R1 money.

I would do you if you had an R1, dem sexy.

Where as I'll do you pat just for the Ducati me likey Wub .

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 17 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ever I sell it you have first refusal. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:40 - 17 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:

I think I'm ready for another Jap classic myself (but then, seeing em at a show'll do that to you! Rolling Eyes ). Probably something a little later than that CB750 for me though. The GS1000E they have at Megastore in Swindon has just been dropped by £300 to £2695; sorely tempted. They had a GS750 too, but that got snapped up quickly.

Of course, I could go for another Z650.

Trouble with all those kinds of bikes is I'd only end up wanting to do to em what we did back in the day; nice rorty 4-into-1, 2:4-style seat, pod filters etc. The GS is a US bike - guy at Megastore is importing a lot at the moment. He's got (had?) a CB750, CBX 1000; certainly keeps me going to the shop, but not spent anything yet Laughing

But then there's one other bike that I keep thinking I need to buy NOW, cos I'm sure they're going to skyrocket in price soon: FZR1000 EXUP. And I've just seen the first sign that prices are indeed rising. Up to now, there have been a few very nice examples for around the £1500 mark. Just seen one in one of the magazines at £3150 though!

A more modern classic perhaps, but we're drawn to the bikes of our youth. Don't think I'd even be able to ride it all that far without aches and pains these days Rolling Eyes

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 08:22 - 17 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an XN85 listed there, with a guide price of £3-4k. If i had the cash and the space, I'd be all over that like a tramp on chips.

I loves a challenging bike, I do.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 13:04 - 17 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see from Bonhams List there's a few of the Bike Shed bikes on there. For silly estimates IMHO, but what do others think? Worthwhile reward for the time/effort/imagination in building/modifying?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CG Sam
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:23 - 17 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may go, not sure if I'm working though a night or day on the 18th though.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 11 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Next weekend Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1