Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


pop and dead.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Meshuggah
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: pop and dead. Reply with quote

Now I went for long ride today. to check things out. Everything seemed fine but sometimes, when I released the throttle, the bike felt like was decelerating too fast, like the engine was suffering.
Then i stopped at the petrol station to fill it.
Got on it. left the petrol station. Accelerated hard (big road ahead), shift gear accelerate again and then I heard a bang, engine dies, back wheel locks.
I was on the side of the road then. all electrics seemed fine. no smoke no anything. I see the fuel cut off switch is in the off position.
So I thought I must have moved it by mistake, even if it seems strange, I've never done it before.
Try to start the bike again, in neutral, ta ta tatatata nothing.
same thing for about 2 to 3 times.
Then I hold the clutch in, first gear and the bike starts.
Any ideas? was it the fuel kill switch or could have been something else. I'm worried I'll be left stranded in the middle of nowhere in the future... Rolling Eyes
____________________
Triumph Tiger 800 2012
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killswitch being off won't lock the back wheel if its currently moving, hence killswitch backfiring Mr. Green

Whatever it is, I'd be keeping a tight watch on seeing what happens just before it does that. When did you last check the oil?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Meshuggah
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 17 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
How fast were you going when the back wheel locked up?


Probably 50.

_Iain_ wrote:
Isn't this the bike diagnosed with fucked gearbox bearings or am I confusing it with another? Confused

Edit; Wrong bike. However https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3570998&highlight=#3570998


Yes, but that was sorted long time ago.
____________________
Triumph Tiger 800 2012
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.22 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 46.78 Kb