Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just passed my DAS and in search of a bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jaz
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:27 - 26 Jul 2004    Post subject: Just passed my DAS and in search of a bike. Reply with quote

First of all "HI EVERBODY".

I've been reading your inane (and not so inane.. though they are a bit rarer Laughing ) post for a few weeks now so I though I'd dip my toe in the pool and get some advice.

As the title says I passed my DAS test last Thursday in the pouring rain so there was much rejoicing.

Now I need a bike for round £3-3.5k and it seems to come down to 600cc Hornet, Bandit or Fazer (though man are they ugly) or (since my local bike shop has one at the moment) a SV650.

I don't want a full on race bike for two reason 1) possible instant death. 2) see point 1.

So a 600cc naked bike seems like a good start, especially as my throttle control is a bit pants at the moment and nearly all my minors on my test were because of it !

Thanks for any advice.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:45 - 26 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbike magazine just did a test between several of these bikes and there really wasn't much in it. They're all good bikes so a fair bit comes down to which you like the look of best, feels comfiest to sit on, and any good deals that you might happen across.

I think on this forum you'd find people saying good things about all of them really.

What kind of riding do you plan to be doing? If you're going to be motorway bashing then a screen is good.

If places will give you test rides, get some. I know it's hard when you've not really got a lot to compare them to, but it'll give you an idea of which to choose.

Personally... I think I'd go Hornet. Thumbs Up

Jaz
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:02 - 26 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for Motorways I have a car !

Mainly it's going to be for commuting to work to get my skills up and weekend fun round the twisty stuff.

I did my DAS on a CB500 with no screen and didn't find the naked bike to be much of a problem below 75ish.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:51 - 26 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's over 75ish it starts to make your neck hurt. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1