Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Learner Rideout - Sat 28th August

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to UK National by Korn (28 Jul 2004 - 21:57)
View previous topic : View next topic  

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh to not be thousands of miles away... Sick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NickD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I wish I was in California....... We've all got our cross to bear. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djay
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:24 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you all enjoy, would love to do something like this down here (the wild west of Wales!) Razz . Looking forward to seeing some pics Very Happy !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:08 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure looks like a lot of fun, I can't wait to see photos!
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 15:32 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, couldn't make it.

gixergeezer
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I never made it guys.

Was stuck in Cannock having main service n rear tyre sorted ready for Mondays ride out....didn't get away from there til gone 12:30 so just went for a spin to scrub the tyre in a bit

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we sort of half-made it. Stryker's trike boiled over when we were half a mile from the Little Chef (as we discovered on the way back) so we went off in search of water and assumed that as it was 12:30, that everyone else had left. We headed for Basset's Pole and waited for everyone to turn up.

45 mins later they did and here are the pics to prove it:

https://www.xwired.co.uk/temp/bcf-run%20005.jpg
https://www.xwired.co.uk/temp/bcf-run%20006.jpg
https://www.xwired.co.uk/temp/bcf-run%20007.jpg
https://www.xwired.co.uk/temp/bcf-run%20008.jpg
https://www.xwired.co.uk/temp/bcf-run%20009.jpg

After much chat, some drinks and well-earned food, those remaining repaired to Big Pete's for a barbie and some refreshments, in rideout stylee by way of Coventry and some other places.

Stryker , Jazza and I had a thoroughly cracking day (marred slightly by the radiator incident admittedly) and were truly sorry that we couldn't have stayed longer at the barbie with such affable and friendly folk. Should the opportunity arise again, we will undoubtedly plan things better. Many thanks to everyone who showed up and made our first-ever rideout a day to remember.

Bazza & Jazza

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 23:00 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear...absolutely HIDEOUS photo of me !
I look like a posh freak !! HA Laughing
What WAS I doing !!??? lol
Helmet hair or what ??...and those biker trousers make me look fat...wait..no..I am fat Wink

We didn't actually leave L Chef until about 1.30 I think !!

OH well.....great day...I am KNACKERED !!!
I feel about 71 !

I am now consuming a lovely Baileys (even though I swore off alcifrol after last night)...

Thanks to all who turned up ! Wonderful Thumbs Up

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:09 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one are you Jodie? Embarassed
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 23:12 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somerset Scratcher wrote:
Which one are you Jodie? Embarassed

I am the one pulling the stupid face, with the helmet hair
(in front of red jacket man...second from left)

Confused

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:33 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I don't know half of them! anybody want to a named version?

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 01:10 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somerset Scratcher wrote:
Yay! I don't know half of them! anybody want to a named version?

Well...it is all a bit hazy,,,due to a long day, no sleep and alcifrol...and some being from BW...(apologies people)but...
first photo ...left to right ...>>>

Far left....don't know... Shocked
babyyam partner Thumbs Up
daft faced bird in front...me Wink
Nick (nkd666) Thumbs Up
Diesel (Shade's gf) Thumbs Up
(in front of Diesel)..Shade Thumbs Up
Big Pete Thumbs Up
Lizzie Thumbs Up
(front) babyyam Thumbs Up
(back) Sadie (in shades) Thumbs Up
Bazza Thumbs Up
Jazza Thumbs Up
Stryker Thumbs Up
dainesefreak Thumbs Up

Last edited by JodieWodie on 01:27 - 29 Aug 2004; edited 3 times in total

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 01:14 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....oh, and Odie was there on his trike...but not there for the photo...

and puppyhugger and vodka2 from BW Surprised

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the forgettable one on the far left Wink

All in all it was a very good day out, despite some gravel under a railway bridge on a 90 degree bend doing it's damndest to give me some new 'decals' on the side of the fairing. I just feel sorry for whoever it was that was directly behind me (think it was Big Pete at that stage).
Nice to meet some more people, and huge thanks to big Pete and Mrs big Pete (Lizzie) for their superb hospitality Thumbs Up

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was nice to meet you all yesterday, good job i didn't stay for the photo, would have probably broken the camera!
I do have the ideal face for radio! Wink

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant day, followed by a brilliant party. Really enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next one!

And I've seen worse photos of me!
Laughing

Shade_BW
I'm better than you

PostPosted: 20:27 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel and I are absolutely knackered. She's just jumping into a warm relaxing bath.

Big thanks to everyone for turning up, and making this quite a wonderful weekend. And the weather held Thumbs Up

Despite me having a dodgy stomach in the morning, and a crash on the M40, we got to Big Petes place at a reasonable hour. Dumped the kit, and rushed off to the little chef, getting there for about 12:30, which wasn't too bad. Thought everyone had buggered off, until we found the bikes parked round the back Very Happy

Met up with everyone inside, and had a quick breakfast and coffee.

We went up the A444 to Burton upon Trent, very nice road, where we stopped for a fag break, and then meandered down the twisty back lanes to get to Bassets Pole. Think we got there about 3pm. Met up with the rest of the crowd, quick drink and some food and general chat.

Most of us then headed down the A45 to Big Petes place, where we enjoyed a lovely BBQ and a drinkie or two, before crashing out on the floor for a nights kip.

Relaxing morning this morning, Diesel loved Lizzies home made muffins Very Happy

So big thank you to everyone for a marvelous weekend, we must do it again

Shade
Going to bed soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 20:49 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thumbs Up Looks like you all had a great time and good turnout too! Thumbs Up

We've got a Scottish BCF meet up at Loch Lomond next Saturday, but there's only going to be 5 of us there and everyone else is on BIG bikes!! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 21:14 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:
I'm the forgettable one on the far left Wink

Aww...sorry T... Confused ...it was a strenuous day for me (longest I have e ver ridden !!)...and I am RUBBISH with names usually....only one wrong was not bad for me Wink

I ache all over today..especially chest and upper arms ..

Yes...YES....heaps of thanks to Big P and Lizzie for the hospitality....much appreciated....

I am STILL shattered today...well, most of that is due to the fact that I hardly got any sleep last night. My bf decided it was the perfect night to go out...get drunk....then come home and snore all night ! Shocked Shocked
Thus,....3am...me on sofa Shocked

Anyway....nice bunch of people.... xxxxxxxxxxxxx Thumbs Up

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all, and glad you enjoyed it Smile
Some of the roads we took weren't exactly conducive to easy riding, they took quite a bit of concentration from those of us who really knew what we were doing, so for someone who hasn't been riding too long and has little experience of riding as part of a group (very different to riding on your own) then I personally thought you did a sterling job Thumbs Up.
Just hope you picked up some good advice and tips as well as having fun.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 10:13 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Bikersworld run not a BCF one, don't recognise anyone.

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most if not all of them post here, and the meet was primarily organised on this board. How does that make it a 'bikersweb/world' run?

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 11:18 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:

Well....I tend not to visit BW...I met almost all of those people on BCF......and have seen them almost all post regularly...

Tarmacsurfer
babyyam partner
ME !!
Nick (nkd666)
Shade_BW
Big Pete
Bizzie Lizzie
babyyam
Sadie
Bazza
dainesefreak

...so I would class that as a BCF meet

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:

Well maybe if you'd come....... Wink

Can only echo what the others said, a great day, although the 100-mile twisty rideout after 100 miles of M6 to get there meant that I was asleep on the sofa by 10.30 and 2 bacardi breezers - what a lightweight! Embarassed

My first "group" ride on my proper bike too so a really good experience, just one small complaint - Bazza did you have to get ALL my chins in the photos?!!!! Razz

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it really matters which forum people came from. At the end of the day about fifteen of us got together and had a really good time.

It's not a competition between BW and BCF, Phoenix. It was just a group of bikers who got together to help Jodie with some tips, and some others got their first experience of riding in a group.

All topped off with a great party and marvellous chocolate homemade muffins (thanks, Bizzie Lizzie).

Tarmacsurfer mentioned at the party that he had originally felt that some of us knew each other well before hand. Well, I have now met

Shade - 3 times
Diesel, Big Pete & Bizzie Lizzie, Monkey Man and Babyyam, Vodka2 & Puppyhugger - 2 times
Tarmacsurfer, Dianesefreak, Bazza & Jazza, Odie, Nick, Jodie - 1 time

and I look forward to meeting them all again, no matter what the excuse is.

Last edited by Sadie on 12:56 - 30 Aug 2004; edited 2 times in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8