Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person who pays my wages is my boss.
Everyone else is a colleague, whether they like it or not Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, it's rant time!
Just a sec...rolling up my sleeves...

Is every fucking day pension day now?! There is not one day of the week now when the local supermarket isn't crawling with 'em, doddering around and blocking every aisle, every shelf, every checkout Mad

Now then, that's the warm-up dealt with.

You know what's been doing my nut in lately? Cow farts! Yes, you know it, they're destroying the planet, you can only have one small beef burger a week now.
Bollocks, I say. Let's go back to ancient times for a moment, before we reared all these herds of beef. What about the millions of buffalo that used to roam the North American plains? And the millions of wildebeest on the plains of Africa? Caribou in the tundra? How many billions of all those were there once upon a time? And that's just three species.
But oh no, we want to save all these wild animals so they can...what, fart and destroy the planet?!
Nowadays, what about sheep? don't they fart? Maybe they fart oxygen then, or Planet-Cleaner gas or something?
Personally, I eat a lot of chicken ("I eats mo' chick'n any man ever seen" Laughing ). How much do chickens fart? (answers on a postcard please).

What about the billions of people, why don't we limit them? And, oh, this one's a doozy! They want us to eat more beans! Fuckin BEANS for fuck's sake! Do they know how much beans make me fart?! Even now, knock me off and you'd probably slow global warming by a millennia!

Ok, that's it.
Old fart signing off did ya see what I did th...oh, never mind.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Eh?

And don't you raise your eyebrow at me sonny. Think we're James fuckin Bond do we? Mad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK a chicken fart is an egg. That's the first one. Don't believe me? Look up their biology..

The great beef debate is more about the wasted crops used to create the beef, to sustain the animal when in fact you could hand crops directly to humans and avoid the link (extra farts).
I strongly recommend everyone looks into exactly where food comes from and how it's grown/reared. It sickens me when I see things such as 'fattening sheds' or how those egg companies brag about hens being 'free range'. I'm not a veggie and not anti farming but I do know that business has gone too far with things.
A good subject to research up on is exactly why and how our intensive farming came to being in the UK.

Oh and a recent subject is Glycol (herbicide) and crops - that will sicken people too.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought eggs were in effect encapsulated (by virtue of their shell) chicken periods...?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I thought eggs were in effect encapsulated (by virtue of their shell) chicken periods...?

Nom, nom, fried placenta anyone? Drooling

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
OK a chicken fart is an egg. That's the first one. Don't believe me? Look up their biology..

those egg companies brag about hens being 'free range'.

Oh and a recent subject is Glycol (herbicide) and crops - that will sicken people too.

A hen's egg is an egg. I found something nasty but natural in an egg, once. The thing is more common in free-range and organic eggs.

"Free range" is a precisely-defined term, and if free-range eggs aren't really free-range, there are considerable penalties.

Glycol is anti-freeze, or "vaping" fluid.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

They're eggs, actually.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - where the egg exits from..

Have you ever seen a free range hen farm? It'll sicken you, it really will.

My very very bad - was attempting to multitask. I didn't mean glycol - I meant Roundup. I was completely confused yesterday!
Roundup is very very bad. Read up on how it is used in farming and how it's used to 'cheat' the seasons..

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I found something nasty but natural in an egg, once.

"Mummy, mummy, my boiled egg's bad"
"No it's fine just eat it"

[...]

"Mummy, must I eat the beak too?"

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chickenstrip's Cow Farts Soliliquy

See, way I understood it was that [once upon a time, certainly not now] there used to be 40 million (yes) sheep in New Zealand.
At the time of that sheep headcount, there were between 3-4 million people there.
So the deal was, pretty much slightly more than 10 sheep per head of population. So much roast lamb, so little time.

And *those very sheep* were blamed for the hole in the Ozone layer, because of their farts.
Apparently the hole in the Ozone layer was just slightly to one edge of some undersea plate or another, so our sheep got all the blame for that.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, I was walking on a Welsh hillside when I spied a bloke some way off, heading purposefully towards me. So I stopped and waited for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFufoOgCMW8

After several minutes, he finally reached me.
He said hello, and then, "Did you know there are more sheep in Wales than people?"
Then he turned on his heel, and walked off in a completely different direction.

True story.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was propositioning you.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
He was propositioning you.

Unlikely. I wasn't wearing a sheepskin coat.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Have you ever seen a free range hen farm? It'll sicken you, it really will

Why?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
I found something nasty but natural in an egg, once.

"Mummy, mummy, my boiled egg's bad"
"No it's fine just eat it"
[...]
"Mummy, must I eat the beak too?"

It was not a fertilised egg.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today *I* am grinding my gears.

Had a cough/cold start late October. Finally shifted around Christmas, or just after.

But I'm still tired. All the time. Getting out of bed is such a chore.

It's got to the point where I need days off from riding as I even find that exhausting.

So damn annoying!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself down to your Doctor's surgery for a Check up.
A 'cold shouldn't last more than a few weeks. Your immune system should be able to sort it out.
It may have been more than a cold (Which has Fuk all to do with exposure to low ambient temperatures.)
It's caused by exposure to one or more of several viruses.
The important issue for your case is the length of time you complained of the effects.
The virus can do more damage to your respiratory system and you won't feel it. Until later. Of particularly stressed.
Unless you were unfortunate to work with or otherwise be exposed to viral people repeatedly.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/common-cold/

It's not low temps that cause the cold. It's lots of folk sharing the same stuffy air in cold climates. It's cold outside so folk turn up the heat then close all the windows to keep the heat in. Mental....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does sound like a low-level infection of some sort. I once had one for months following a cold, then had something else for which the doc prescribed a course of antibiotics. When I'd finished the course, seemed like I hadn't felt so good for ages.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Does sound like a low-level infection of some sort. I once had one for months following a cold, then had something else for which the doc prescribed a course of antibiotics. When I'd finished the course, seemed like I hadn't felt so good for ages.

Probably got rid of that Avian flu or a dose of VD. Thumbs Up

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Get yourself down to your Doctor's surgery for a Check up.
A 'cold shouldn't last more than a few weeks. Your immune system should be able to sort it out.
It may have been more than a cold (Which has Fuk all to do with exposure to low ambient temperatures.)
It's caused by exposure to one or more of several viruses.
The important issue for your case is the length of time you complained of the effects.
The virus can do more damage to your respiratory system and you won't feel it. Until later. Of particularly stressed.
Unless you were unfortunate to work with or otherwise be exposed to viral people repeatedly.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/common-cold/

It's not low temps that cause the cold. It's lots of folk sharing the same stuffy air in cold climates. It's cold outside so folk turn up the heat then close all the windows to keep the heat in. Mental....

Sadly having 'the bad AIDS' as we so eloquently put it Laughing , GP's generally just say it's because of that. (I'm normally fit & well)

I have a hospital appt next week, so will as them to run extra bloods, though it normally shows nothing...

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOODY TAX MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! owes me a few thousand but can I get it off him? Been chasing it for six months now. Last week got an actual "It will be in your account within the next 48 hours. I've waited 5 working days and still not there. Rang up and apparently they have sent a cheque. Who sends cheques in 2019? so that will be when post office decides to post it 7-10 days before I can say it hasn't arrived, then if it does arrive it will be 3-5 working days for it to clear. There is a bike with my name on it waiting to be bought. I bet it goes on the day the cheque clears.
And I booked 4 days off to coincide with me getting the bike this week, total waste of time.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The person who pays my wages is my boss.
Everyone else is a colleague, whether they like it or not Laughing

Everyone is my colleague they just have different jobs to do. No one is my boss.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC4 are apparently trying to sell Scotland. I don't want it, it's too expensive.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 436 of 698