Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 451, 452, 453 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the second mouse gets the cheese.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrown out of CEX.

I saw someone selling something to the shop I wanted, sauntered over to him and offered him more. Manager had a hissy fit and asked me to leave, so I did, with my Blu Ray box set of Alien films that I bought of their customer. So there.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Manager had a hissy fit and asked me to leave, so I did, with my Blu Ray box set of Alien films that I bought of their customer

Gears oiled then, surely?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
King29 wrote:
Manager had a hissy fit and asked me to leave, so I did, with my Blu Ray box set of Alien films that I bought of their customer

Gears oiled then, surely?

It was the embarrassment of the manager asking me to leave. He was about 12 and that made it worse.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:21 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not heard from the rozzers but have been out and about today having an actual life for a change.

Neighbour is, as I suspected, incredibly frit.
I have put my curtains back up, not sure how long they will last up there, they are incredibly unstable, so I left the stepladder there in the window bay and just plonked a potplant on top of it, LOL. If my fella ever comes home, he can move it when he puts the curtains back up properly.

Life is increasingly not what I have been used to/expecting it to be lately. But not in a bad way (not yet anyway)

Might nag the Met again tomorrow, and contact the housing association, just so I can reassure my neighbour, poor girl Crying or Very sad

Although I could do with spliffing it up large tomorrow, I've not been indulging just in case/plus been busy, and I think I deserve a VERY LARGE ONE

No sign of my peeping tom, but then, I'm now living in a curtain-induced gloom, so if he is out there and thinks he can peek in, he is sadly mistaken. Shame no actual sunlight is getting in, though.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to the housing association and see if they can install a PIR light at the front of your home.
Scrotes of all kinds hate being in the spotlight.
If you have a hedge around your front garden, get it reduced as then the scumbags will not be able to hide from the street, ie people will see them loitering.

Alternatively you could rush out there with a knife and stab stab stab stab them Evil or Very Mad

Sorry I got a bit carried away Embarassed Embarassed

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a PIR light on the house next door, in fact it probably went off when he snuck in behind the tree in the first place, as where he was is right beside their front wall. Didn't put him off.

There isn't a hedge, just a buddeleia tree which was already heavily chopped. It is quite literally like a weed in London, but attracts butterflies and bees in the summer. I cut it heavily back over this last winter, it needs annual cutting back, but grows just as rampantly anyway.

My original point was that previously he was knocking on the window/ringing the neighbour's doorbell and when that hasn't manifested my interest, he's taken the next step. So now I live in a permanent curtain-clad gloom.

Stabby ... tempting.
At least I'd get a roof over my head and three squares a day.
I wonder where they're putting women now that they've closed Holloway Prison down Thinking

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a parking ticket for £100, for teaching my girlfriend to drive in a dead carpark on a sunday afternoon. 13 fooking minutes I was in there! Evil or Very Mad

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of those points where I'm grinding my own gears.

Saw my quack for a routine checkup etc Did the usual, BP, pulse, general physical health shiz. All as expected.

Wasn't expecting a mental health assessment too.

Feel like a bit of a mental punching bag.

Have a few mates who are having their own issues. I try to do the mately thing and 'talk', but then you become a crutch for them. I'm no MH expert, I'm a friend. I can offer comfort and support, but they need to address their demons as it were.

How do you say to someone you need to get over yourself without saying that.

So all in all I now feel like my doc wants me to see some shrink so I can vent it all out on someone else.

Human beings are so fucked up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:58 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
Got a parking ticket for £100, for teaching my girlfriend to drive in a dead carpark on a sunday afternoon. 13 fooking minutes I was in there! Evil or Very Mad

Did you park. Laughing

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
DRZ4Hunned wrote:

Did you park. Laughing

Not sure what the definition of parking is, but we didn't leave the car apart from to swap over.

I can't even argue that as it's probably highly illegal and we killed many kittens in the process...

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:24 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
I can't even argue that as it's probably highly illegal and we killed many kittens in the process...

Whilst you know its illegal, they don't know she doesn't have a licence, just hasn't got enough guts to drive on the road Wink manual car and shes only drive auto etc etc.

But I'd definitely be contesting something.

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
But I'd definitely be contesting something.

Yeah I've gone onto Pepipo to ask for some advice about appeals. It's a private car park so not council.

Since I was only in there for 13 minutes I going to try saying I couldn't find change so left, but was blocked from leaving for a while as the road was busy. You get a 10 minute 'grace' period apparently...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:09 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:

Does she have a provisional? If not I'd just take the parking ticket...

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
DRZ4Hunned wrote:

Does she have a provisional? If not I'd just take the parking ticket...

Yeah she does Thumbs Up

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private carpark. Never ever communicate with the little shits. Ignore all letters no matter how threatening, be prepared to go to court, but it won't.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:56 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Private carpark. Never ever communicate with the little shits. Ignore all letters no matter how threatening, be prepared to go to court, but it won't.

It can and probably will.

Just say you took the time to read the parking sign, you disagreed to the terms and left.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
One of those points where I'm grinding my own gears.

Saw my quack for a routine checkup etc Did the usual, BP, pulse, general physical health shiz. All as expected.

Wasn't expecting a mental health assessment too.

Feel like a bit of a mental punching bag.

Have a few mates who are having their own issues. I try to do the mately thing and 'talk', but then you become a crutch for them. I'm no MH expert, I'm a friend. I can offer comfort and support, but they need to address their demons as it were.

How do you say to someone you need to get over yourself without saying that.

So all in all I now feel like my doc wants me to see some shrink so I can vent it all out on someone else.

Human beings are so fucked up.

Doctors are having a huge push to promote mens mental well being right now. Just the other day I was in a certain clinic and got quizzed about mental health - absolutely not the type of clinic that does that sort of thing.
I suppose they're doing the right thing but it's like when they repair that bad junction: Traffic now builds at the next junction. Let's hope that them filtering out people needing help actually gets them the help. Currently up this way there's an 18 month wait to speak to a shrink..

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My borough's mental health team accepts self-referrals.
It's worth an ask, directly to the team, there's no need to wait for a GP to refer, so you could suggest to your mates they did that instead.

Triage is often with a phone call and yeah there might be a bit of a wait, but while you are on the phone to them, you can ask them direct, What is the approximate Waiting Time for a set of appointments (they are usually in blocks of 6, 8 or 12).

At first it seems that talking to some random herbert wouldn't seem like an ideal method of resolving these things, but its surprising just how much it actually helps. Once or twice I've thought "WTF am I actually doing here? I'm not telling this person anything different than I would tell my mates."

But stuff just filters in/out differently after a while, because you realise they are more of a sounding board.

They don't give you the answers, or indeed the questions you want to answer, but they listen enough for you to recognise the answers to some questions (not all) are actually within yourself.

Sometimes you can go back to a different listening board, if you haven't got it all out of your system, and some people find that disruptive. But often the change of listener actually means you get a different (and therefore more) perspective on whats bugging you - even if you don't think it is.

The more cynical side of me is saying that this must be the thing they're currently paying GPs extra money to push, last time it was baseline tests for over-40s, glucose and cholesterol. There's always a theme Rolling Eyes

But it doesn't hurt to look yourself over and check that all systems are GO, not just the physical aspect.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 23 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad nights sleep due to heartburn from last nights Fish and chips....
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:

Here you go:

https://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=e8e7538b401a96d95f81843efeebfa8c&showtopic=46975
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 28 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 451, 452, 453 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 452 of 698