Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allergies.

For 3 months I've had a weird rash around my nostrils. Reddish and itchy and sometimes forming tiny pus spots and the pus stunk (close to nose). I've tried every cream going and even had a clap clinic test for an STD because nothing was shifting it - came back negative.
Doctors are useless - I can't be arsed to wait 2 years on an NHS list.
Surgical spirits kept the rash under control but has never fully removed it.
Yesterday I realised what it is - I'm allergic to something in my house!
As soon as I walk into the house my nose starts running and I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Step outside and it goes away.
Something in my house is making me ill. I suppose my house grinds my gears?
I guess it's back to docs and demand full allergy testing and not just partial like they often do.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:

My guess would be house dust mite

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:59 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How’s the hoovering regime, or the fabric of the house washing.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Allergies.

For 3 months I've had a weird rash around my nostrils. Reddish and itchy and sometimes forming tiny pus spots and the pus stunk (close to nose). I've tried every cream going and even had a clap clinic test for an STD because nothing was shifting it - came back negative.
Doctors are useless - I can't be arsed to wait 2 years on an NHS list.
Surgical spirits kept the rash under control but has never fully removed it.
As soon as I walk into the house my nose starts running and I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Step outside and it goes away.
Something in my house is making me ill. I suppose my house grinds my gears?
I guess it's back to docs and demand full allergy testing and not just partial like they often do.

My wife's sister's ex husband suffered like that if he went into any house where there was a cat resident.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used to get hay fever and now I do, in my 40s

Also, I have a strong stomach and I am not squeamish. But ever since I had a very bad cold about 20 years ago, some strong unpleasant smells make me involuntary gag or throw up. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoovering? What's that??
It's fairly clean - not immaculate but then again it's always been like that.
Fabrics are all very clean and always stored very dry. I don't do ammonia damp smelling clothes..

Going to gut my bedroom though. I've a sneaky feeling there could be damp in there but I'm not seeing it. A new carpet will be the first thing to try. It'd give me a chance to look under the old one for dampness and will freshen the room anyway.

Today I have almost no rash but my nose had been on and off like a tap. Could well be pollen that. Two years ago I had hay fever for the first time in my life. Might have some of that too. Plenty of tree pollens about now that could be irritating me

That's good information about the dust mites. They could well have multiplied over the winter months because my heating's been on and winter is generally damp. Windows were closed more often too.
I've plenty to work on so will give it a go.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trapped indoors by a giant poo. I can't go about today's business before I've taken care of my own Laughing

Max is unimpressed. He did a poo at 1.30am before we went to bed, but he has a look on his face which appears to signify that he thinks I am overanxious about pooing in public places.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I am trapped indoors by a giant poo

Nasty. But can you not just climb out of the window?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rescued myself Cool

I have an innate fear of dying like Elvis*.

So I prefer to do a naturally occurring poo. If it means I have to wait about a bit before leaving the house, then so be it.

I'm ready to carry on with my day now.

*I don't know why I think this is how Elvis died. There was always these rumours that he died on the can, and for some reason, the concept of straining so hard with constipation that he fell off and banged his head and/or had a heart attack and fell off, on his knees, arse up, with the poo halfway out, is what I seem to have stuck in my head. There are less dignified ways to go, but this is not the one I want for myself.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I rescued myself Cool

I have an innate fear of dying like Elvis*.

So I prefer to do a naturally occurring poo. If it means I have to wait about a bit before leaving the house, then so be it.

I'm ready to carry on with my day now.

*I don't know why I think this is how Elvis died. There was always these rumours that he died on the can, and for some reason, the concept of straining so hard with constipation that he fell off and banged his head and/or had a heart attack and fell off, on his knees, arse up, with the poo halfway out, is what I seem to have stuck in my head. There are less dignified ways to go, but this is not the one I want for myself.

History lesson from Alice Cooper (probably not entirely accurate Smile), to be sung in an Elvis voice :

I want to tell you a story, happened long ago
About a redneck boy down from Tupelo
I got the slick black hair, I played a rock guitar
I liked to shake my hips, man, then i went too far
He ate his weight in country ham
Killed on pills and woke in Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
I had a lot of girls, yeah, I had a lot of guns
When they found me dead, ow, the whole world was stunned
Went to the pearly gates, said, "I'm the hippest thing"
And Peter said "Well son, we already got ourselves a king"
He lived on southern deep-fried spam,
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
He finished his short life sweaty and bloated and stoned
(A-Hey-Hey)
He ruled his domain and he died on the throne
No "Yes-Men", no colonel, he went all alone...
I heard the devil cry real loud and clear
"You were the big man, there, hejust a sideman here
Well, I know your face, and I've heard your name
Looks like heaven's loss, gonna be my gain"
(I've got plans for you, man)
He ate his weight in country ham
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Disgraceland
Well, I woke up, right here in Disgraceland
Disgraceland, thank you, thank you very much
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
*I don't know why I think this is how Elvis died. There was always these rumours that he died on the can

I always thought it was fact rather than rumour, actually?
It's certainly a pretty common way for old folk to go - they often have constipation anyway, and anybody, including The King, who uses a lot of pain killers (especially opiates) is going to be predisposed to suffering from it, so death by straining isn't implausible. Plus, old person wakes in the night thinking they have indigestion and goes and sit on the crapper; and discovers they are actually having a heart attack.... good night.
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that it actually might be.
I'm always wary of quoting Wikipedia, but...

" Dr. Dan Warlick, who was present at the autopsy, "believes Presley's chronic constipation—the result of years of prescription drug abuse and high-fat, high-cholesterol gorging—brought on what's known as Valsalva's maneuver. Put simply, the strain of attempting to defecate compressed the singer's abdominal aorta, shutting down his heart."

plus ...

"Ginger Alden discovered him in an unresponsive state on a bathroom floor. According to her eyewitness account, "Elvis looked as if his entire body had completely frozen in a seated position while using the commode and then had fallen forward, in that fixed position, directly in front of it. [...] It was clear that, from the time whatever hit him to the moment he had landed on the floor, Elvis hadn't moved."

I definitely do not want to die "fallen forward" and "frozen in a seated position" whilst having a heart attack because of constipation. I've never been one for hanging about on the khazi, and constipation would be the only thing to keep me there longer. Fortunately its rare for me to suffer with it.

... but when I do ... I think of Elvis. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
hellkat wrote:
*I don't know why I think this is how Elvis died. There was always these rumours that he died on the can

I always thought it was fact rather than rumour, actually?
It's certainly a pretty common way for old folk to go - they often have constipation anyway, and anybody, including The King, who uses a lot of pain killers (especially opiates) is going to be predisposed to suffering from it, so death by straining isn't implausible. Plus, old person wakes in the night thinking they have indigestion and goes and sit on the crapper; and discovers they are actually having a heart attack.... good night.

See, but Elvis weren't that old. He was only 42. I've already got 15 years on him, now. Although yeah, the opiates are gonna bung you up. I avoid them like the plague. Co dydramol gives me blurry vision anyway. Fucking shite stuff.

leolion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:04 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Hoovering? What's that??
It's fairly clean - not immaculate but then again it's always been like that.
Fabrics are all very clean and always stored very dry. I don't do ammonia damp smelling clothes..

Going to gut my bedroom though. I've a sneaky feeling there could be damp in there but I'm not seeing it. A new carpet will be the first thing to try. It'd give me a chance to look under the old one for dampness and will freshen the room anyway.

Today I have almost no rash but my nose had been on and off like a tap. Could well be pollen that. Two years ago I had hay fever for the first time in my life. Might have some of that too. Plenty of tree pollens about now that could be irritating me

That's good information about the dust mites. They could well have multiplied over the winter months because my heating's been on and winter is generally damp. Windows were closed more often too.
I've plenty to work on so will give it a go.

do yourself a big favour wear a mask when your tidying/ taking the carpet up.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Absolutely. I can only imagine what remnants are left in that bedroom carpet..

With constipation and croaking, it doesn't matter surely? You'll be dead.
Those folk tidying stiffs for funerals will have seen far worse.
I hadn't realised that straining too hard could kill you and Elvis was only 42? Kin ell he looked wrecked in those last concerts he did.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:
I blew my PC out with an airline yesterday and I was suffering with allergies all fuckung day.

Never mind allergies, you should count yourself lucky he didn't arrest you

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
^^ Absolutely. I can only imagine what remnants are left in that bedroom carpet..

With constipation and croaking, it doesn't matter surely? You'll be dead.
Those folk tidying stiffs for funerals will have seen far worse.
I hadn't realised that straining too hard could kill you and Elvis was only 42? Kin ell he looked wrecked in those last concerts he did.

Tycho Brahe had to go to some Emperors posh do, and was busting for a piss. However you were allowed to leave the table. In the end his bladder exploded and he died.
True story Thumbs Up

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kin ell.
Quite topical that: Last night I slept weird - literally blinked and it was morning. A perfect sleep. Thing is, I woke with an aching bladder. I could barely get off the bed for fear I'd dribble some out.
I could have died from it? First it was Elvis and poop and now me with wee wee.
Off to ride a bike because safer..

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Tycho Brahe had to go to some Emperors posh do, and was busting for a piss. However you were allowed to leave the table. In the end his bladder exploded and he died. True story

Not only that, he had an artificial nose made of brass.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with hay fever and dust mites don't forget black mould!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 344 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 461 of 698