Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 475, 476, 477 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... no

Jack "The Ripper" as in he cut prostitutes to shreds.

"The Pusher" just pushes ppl into canals.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:00 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty Nest Syndrome, LOL

Daughters gone, boyfriend's gone, only left with cats.
Don't ask.
Wondering whats going to go next.
My health, probably: got a smallish lump on my cheek that I've suddenly got an urgent appointment with the dermatologist to look at.
Rolling Eyes

So this sad state of affairs was exacerbated to extremes by being stuck in traffic in Fulham on the way back from the airport. Over a dozen years ago I moved out of Fulham, and it was filthy to get in and out of even then. Its no better today.

It took an hour to get from Putney Common to West Kensington, most of which was spent parked up in traffic in various streets in central Fulham.

Fucking place. Got a love-hate relationship with it Laughing

Plus, there is rain, and I was going to ride down to MCWs house, but now its persisting down and currently I havent got the sheer strength of will required to wrestle with the Harley on a motorway in the rain.

Meh to the power of 10.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
"The Pusher" just pushes ppl into canals.

Well, see ... I though of that too, but I thought it didn't sound dreadful enough for a serial killer. Still ... needs must, multiple murders are no less homicidal for lack of interesting modus operandi, one supposes Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some beastly tiny little black flies buzzing around the place. They are small enough to fit through the holes in the fly-swat.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
What, "Pusher" as in pushing back?

Only if they know he's coming...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:19 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

In the gay village, a local Manchester city centre landmark, there's a canal that passes right through the middle of it. The canal bridges are used as undercover gay hookup zones for casual bummage, and there's a street alongside called canal street.

I think that street sign had the c and s painted white so often that the council stopped fixing it.

This is the western end of the Rochdale Canal as Polarbear described. It is also the alleged haunt of 'The Pusher', said by many to be a serial killer of gay men and students who regularly end up drowning in the water. Coincidently his M.O. is also to take people firmly from behind...

Probably just pissed or drugged up. There's even been a petition to put railings all along the Rochdale canal to stop people falling (or being pushed) in. Rolling Eyes

And in regard to waiting for the gentlemen to finish what they were doing over the lock gate arm, I phoned the police, I even offered to video it and send it to them, they declined. I didn't have to wait much longer so I only hope the chap got his moneys worth. Embarassed

On my old boat, I had a paintball gun which while it might have been good fun to paintball someone's arse, I feel that Mr Plod would probably have shown more interest in me using that than they showed in my complaint about lewd goings on!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:34 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on!
You were willing to video it too?
You dirty old man you!!
Just happened to be driving around known gay haunts of reputation and with video camera to hand..
Next you'll be telling us you were wearing a latex vest and shorts because they're waterproof for boat use..

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:09 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff about 'The Pusher' for those who're unfamiliar with the story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45173888

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Hang on!
You were willing to video it too?
You dirty old man you!!
Just happened to be driving around known gay haunts of reputation and with video camera to hand..
Next you'll be telling us you were wearing a latex vest and shorts because they're waterproof for boat use..

Yeah, I regularly drive my boat down canals which have no locks to use.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Stuff about 'The Pusher' for those who're unfamiliar with the story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45173888

To quote from that article:

Ten per cent of the men's bodies recovered from the water were found with their zips open.

Make of that what you will...

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunk, having a wee into the canal whilst walking home and plop?

There's been a lot of river deaths in Durham City too. Was York not having similar problems?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gears ground.
Northumberland County Council and their website/email systems of failure and blindness.
Trying to send emails to people/departments is almost impossible. You'd think that the county council were doing this deliberately in an attempt to make it look like the public are happy and quiet..

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Gears ground.
Northumberland County Council and their website/email systems of failure and blindness.
Trying to send emails to people/departments is almost impossible. You'd think that the county council were doing this deliberately in an attempt to make it look like the public are happy and quiet..

Most Councils have a email addresses in the format firstname.lastname@councilname.gov.uk - there should be clues available on the website or Google...

Quick google and: highwaysstreetlighting@northumberland.gov.uk foi@northumberland.gov.uk Nichola.Turnbull@northumberland.gov.uk Kay.Norris@northumberland.gov.uk Gareth.Davies@northumberland.gov.uk etc.

If you find an email address with .gcsx.gov.uk then remove the .gcsx part - it's defunct now.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Drunk, having a wee into the canal whilst walking home and plop!

Number twos?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander I have 4 actual names with the relevant extra parts but emails are bouncing off them. My email needs to go directly to those actual people and bypass other sections due to security issues (long story).

I can get access to an actual county council terminal in a remote office on Monday/Tuesday and will do it that way.
I also have internal phone numbers for the people I need. I just wanted to do email because photos too that's all.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCE wanting £1500 COMPULSORY excess.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Ouch. Unless you have a very expensive bike to drop of course. Then you can see their logic.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Islander I have 4 actual names with the relevant extra parts but emails are bouncing off them. My email needs to go directly to those actual people and bypass other sections due to security issues (long story).

I can get access to an actual county council terminal in a remote office on Monday/Tuesday and will do it that way.
I also have internal phone numbers for the people I need. I just wanted to do email because photos too that's all.

If your emails are bouncing, there will be one of several causes. Either you're mistyping/misspelling the recipient email address, the recipient doesn't have an email address, your sending address is on a blacklist somewhere and is blocked or the photo files are too large (administrators often set attachment size limits). Although if the last were the issue, I'd expect the return message to state that.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Drunk, having a wee into the canal whilst walking home and plop?

There's been a lot of river deaths in Durham City too. Was York not having similar problems?

That's a bit of a drop!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Ten per cent of the men's bodies recovered from the water were found with their zips open.

Make of that what you will...

That suggests were very drunk, and taking a slash in the canal, at the time they fell in the water or were pushed. The BBC article says the police think there's nothing untoward, which suggests that these people probably had a LOT of alcohol in their systems.

Even if someone's good at swimming, wearing clothes and shoes especially can take them off guard. Couple that with a certain lack of speedy thinking, slowed reactions, being sedated by drink, etc. and it's easy to see how it would only take a bit of water in the lungs to take them out.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Ouch. Unless you have a very expensive bike to drop of course. Then you can see their logic.

It was a 14 year old Tuono.

Insuring the RSVR with a £400 compulsory excess... Confused That's got carbon, Ohlins, Oz and everything, not to mention a huge exhaust Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 08 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It was a 14 year old Tuono.

Insuring the RSVR with a £400 compulsory excess... Confused That's got carbon, Ohlins, Oz and everything, not to mention a huge exhaust Laughing

The absolute lunacy of insurance algorithms. Rolling Eyes

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander the emails are real - got them 'from the horses mouth' and they're not publicly known. All spellings correct and they're arranged and laid out correctly too.
The images were resized to a very basic size - I actually think the email recipients are refusing emails that contain images for reason and that could be why. The postmaster messages fail to mention why things are returning and only state codes within their own systems which doesn't help me..
I might be on a block list with them but other emails to other departments have no problems whatsoever.

Meh - will do it tomorrow on a County Council terminal!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Islander the emails are real - got them 'from the horses mouth' and they're not publicly known. All spellings correct and they're arranged and laid out correctly too.
The images were resized to a very basic size - I actually think the email recipients are refusing emails that contain images for reason and that could be why. The postmaster messages fail to mention why things are returning and only state codes within their own systems which doesn't help me..
I might be on a block list with them but other emails to other departments have no problems whatsoever.

Meh - will do it tomorrow on a County Council terminal!

Do you have footers on your emails? One of our suppliers would have our emails filtered straight into the bin because of our email footers ttriggering something, and we wouldn't even know as we didn't get a bounceback mail letting us know.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:04 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could just post the bounce message here with all the email addresses removed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 475, 476, 477 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 476 of 698