Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 484, 485, 486 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Roman Catholics (apart from the south island) so rusty coat-hanger is probably out of the question.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:10 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say charity what i mean is voluntary sector organisations that contract to local authorities to provide health and social care services. They are for the most part registered as charities. There are obvious tax and emotional/moral blackmail advantages to the charitable status.

I always advise people that if they do want to fundraise for a charity then checj its not obe if these type as essentially they are just contractors to the local authority and the few grand people might haul together cycling across the xountry is chicken feed and the fundraising process is nothing more than a PR excercise which is just used to validate what are essentially just organisations exploiting clients and front line workers to provide high paid jobs for the management. After all you wouldn't go fundraising for the company that I provided joinery or plumbing services to your local council would you?
If you really want to support a good cause then give money to organisations that only survive on donations.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Mostly Roman Catholics (apart from the south island) so rusty coat-hanger is probably out of the question.

And in just a few months we have managed to drag a new member of BCF down to the level of the gutter. Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
This is in the Philippine Pb

What is the "Philippine Pb"?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:46 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polar bear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:35 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:41 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Is it the sort of society her father is liable to come round with a shotgun to march him up the aisle?

I must admit knowing little about the Philippine culture which is a bit poor considering the years I worked in Borneo and mainland Malaysia.

I don't think the father is still around, not heard of him so far. So now my wife said they are going to get married in October so they will stay together.. 'no guarantee of that' I said. She want's to house them in our farm house (kubo) but I am not so keen.

I have not spoken to him yet, i need to choose my words very carefully.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
When I say charity what i mean is voluntary sector organisations that contract to local authorities to provide health and social care services. They are for the most part registered as charities. There are obvious tax and emotional/moral blackmail advantages to the charitable status.

I always advise people that if they do want to fundraise for a charity then checj its not obe if these type as essentially they are just contractors to the local authority and the few grand people might haul together cycling across the xountry is chicken feed and the fundraising process is nothing more than a PR excercise which is just used to validate what are essentially just organisations exploiting clients and front line workers to provide high paid jobs for the management. After all you wouldn't go fundraising for the company that I provided joinery or plumbing services to your local council would you?
If you really want to support a good cause then give money to organisations that only survive on donations.

Damn right!!

I'll throw in The National Trust.
Old story but Delaval Hall in the North East of England came up 'for sale'. The NT began a fundraiser. The promises to locals were staggering. Local farmers fields would become allotments for those donating etc. £13 million was needed to buy the hall.
Long story short most of the money was raised through countless events and the hall bought... except that the hall had already been bought and everything finalised a long long time before it was announced. Staff already at the hall had even been measured for and provided with NT uniforms. They were sworn to secrecy with threats by NT management.
The allotments for locals has not happened, even years later. Can you imagine a magnificent hall surrounded by tatty allotments? Yeah as if it would ever happen - that was the NT using any trick in their book to get money from gullible locals.
Lastly, through a freedom of information request I was able to see what was actually bought by the NT in the sale. For us locals we had begun having issues with access to land we'd walked on for decades. Certain areas and buildings had become a no-go zone. The NT were muscling in on surrounding land that was not included in their purchase. True this, a mausoleum at the hall (never consecrated) was not included in the sale and yet the NT had the cheek to message a friend and myself in an attempt to remove images of it from the internet. Yeah you can guess what we did! More pics and ignore them.
The National Trust are not a favourite of mine.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NT are notorious. They have a terrible reputation as landlords as well. Loads of people live in NT property and they're exoected to suck up all sorts of crap from their lanlord because its "charidy". I'll bet the NTs front line staff get crap wages and conditions as well but you can be sure the manegment are on a gravy train.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Fine. Whatever.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

Georgie Porgey, Glasses and Cups.
Kissed the girls and knocked them up.
When the parents found out what he did...
They got a coathanger,
And tore out the kid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought in Asia children were your insurance against old age. The more little sprogs then the better chance you have of being looked after in your dotage.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to my mum about this stupid thing on my cheek, and she was making motherly noises of what genuinely appeared to be distress.

Not often that I pick out my mother's actual correct emotion, but in this instance, I think she is actually worried about it.

Maybe losing a daughter last year has made her realise she needs to be more empathetic towards the ones she has left.

*shrug*

Bit late for that shite, but hey.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I was talking to my mum about this stupid thing on my cheek, and she was making motherly noises of what genuinely appeared to be distress.

Not often that I pick out my mother's actual correct emotion, but in this instance, I think she is actually worried about it.

Maybe losing a daughter last year has made her realise she needs to be more empathetic towards the ones she has left.

*shrug*

Bit late for that shite, but hey.

Noses might look stupid but they're necessary. Chill sister.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my dog to death but what a day.

04.30 awoken by smell of poo. Go downstairs to find two puddles of very runny dogmuck in kitchen. 30 mins of
bleach and mopping etc all clean again. Decided to stay with her rather than go back to bed. She needs to go out
for a poo twice more before 7 am.

Fast forward to about 10 am. I pulled my old conservatory down a while back but the wooden floor still remains. In the
sun it's started bleeding sap (it's pine) and stupid dog decides to lay on the sappiest bit. Comes in covered in sticky
soap proof crud all over her fur. After a google I discover hand sanitiser and olive oil are best for removing this.
We're pretty middle class so handily had both to hand without a trip to the shops Wink . Cue over an hour of cleaning
sap off the dog, very slow progress but couldn't use anything harsher.

1pm I take her for her walk, I pick up her canine mate from the pub I go to regularly and off we go, 4 incident free
miles later we have nearly returned to where I picked up her playmate and the two of them run off into the woods where
something has caught their attention. I keep walking, they do this all the time and catch me up usually. Suddenly
I hear my Grace yelping and screaming like she's tangled up in barbed wire or something and she tumbles down the
a steep bank they ran up a while ago COVERED IN BEES hotly followed by the other dog. Shocked And they are stinging the
fuck out of her, she's yelping over and over. The other dog is a working Lab so is longer haired and subsequently wasn't
really getting hurt as the stingers couldn't really get into her. Grace wasn't so lucky, she ran to me to help her and I
start knocking them off of her but they keep coming back, I turn to the other dog, get them off her and turn back to
see even more on my Grace. I realise these bees are actively pursuing her and all 3 of us leg it and I mean LEG IT with me
trying to get them off the dogs as we're running away. Poor sod was terrified, didn't know what was going on. After a
trip to the vet for anti histermine and sting removal she's been like velcro and hasn't left my side. We keep finding more.
Me and the vet found 17 at first, but the running total is currently 29. I'm on the sofa again tonight so I can watch over
her. Don't mind admitting I was pretty shook up seeing her being attacked like that.

I did have some work to do today, funnily enough never got round to it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:20 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lucky she's a big dog. That many stings could kill a smaller animal.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:17 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor pooch, I hope she is ok. Crying or Very sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:16 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's much less subdued this morning, clearly suffering from some areas of tenderness here and there. Found a couple
more since my last post so we're at 31. No wonder she was yelping so much. Poor thing. Appetites back but a little
drowsy from the anti histermine which the vet warned would happen. I'll walk her somewhere else today.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:17 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, poor Gracie Wub Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:22 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chirpy bailiffs.
WTF.
Not sure if I prefer my bailiffs chirpy or stern.
Fortunately I had the means to pay them off.

I wouldn't mind but it was the second time I had been woken by the doorbell between midnight and 7am this morning.
(Thanks Chris_Red, your old doorbell is very effective indeed Laughing )

Fucking drunken neighbours looking for their very expensive cat at 12.45am, and then Mr Chirpy Bollocks demanding money with not-even a respectable amount of menace.

Expensive parking ticket Rolling Eyes
Serves me right for ignoring it.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:08 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sitting here, looking at some writer being interviewed on the the BBC news, complaining about the fact that having a lovely big house and lots of money has made him depressed.

Cunt right off.

Last edited by recman on 12:16 - 11 Jul 2019; edited 1 time in total
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm sitting here, looking at some writer being interviewed on the the BBC news, complaining about the fact that having a lovely big house and lots of money has made him depressed.

Cunt right off.

Oh god yes.

And the twats that are stinking rich and say money doesn't buy you happiness. OK mate, give it all to me and you can be very happy.

No? Ah, I wonder why.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Tight arsed customers who want you to tell them how to fix things for free via countless effing emails and phone calls, because they're too tight to pay £20 + VAT for the time it would take for me to actually do my job and fix it for them.

2 this morning, which have been going on for days and countless emails now. That was enough. Both have been told I can fix it for a charge, otherwise can't help any further. One has gone away to think about it, the other has decided it's no longer urgent. Rolling Eyes

Mmmm....

"Our new printer's not working!"

Huh, "new" you say... I don't see that we've shipped any printers to your site recently.

"Oh no, we didn't buy it from you!"

Ah, so you want to call our support line for a product you didn't buy from us? Nice!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Gracie Shocked . GWS doggie.

It must be the season for animal misdemeanours Crying or Very sad .
My little cat came home this morning only using three legs.

A trip to the Vet and many pounds later, he’s now back home convalescing.
The only good thing to come out of this is that the vet recons my cat put up one hell of a fight Shocked .
Go boy, you little tiger Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 484, 485, 486 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 485 of 698