Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 515, 516, 517 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:28 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat some ice cream or drink something really cold, if the pain is too much you might pass out then you won't feel it Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RWC typhoon crisis.
What a lot of big girls' blouses.
Play the fucking game!
*sulks*

Supposed to be "bigger men" than soccer players, just play the fucking game like the ruffty tuffty men you are supposed to be.

Fuck!
Bikers ride in mad bastard storms, get blown away, rained on, snowed on, whatever whatever, because sometimes there's no choice but to keep going.

Play the fucking game, stop poncing abaaaahhhhhtt!! Mad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that mincing about waving your fists and pulling scary faces to menace your opponents before the game.

Get your fucking boots on, you woofters.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I *may* have looked at some storm footage and *may* allow them a little leeway Shocked Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:41 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw one once.
Or it might have been a pig flying.
Thinking

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:11 - 13 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me!
Ate a bag of chips in the car. Placed open bag of chips on the passenger seat to eat (they have covers). Finished, scrunched up the wrapping paper, stepped out the car and deposited the waste in a nearby litter bin and drove off.
I didn't realise until I got home that my favourite woolly hat was on that passenger seat. I'd wrapped it into the chips wrapping before I chucked it. Yup my favourite hat is now in a bin 40 miles from home..

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:16 - 13 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Me!
Ate a bag of chips in the car. Placed open bag of chips on the passenger seat to eat (they have covers). Finished, scrunched up the wrapping paper, stepped out the car and deposited the waste in a nearby litter bin and drove off.
I didn't realise until I got home that my favourite woolly hat was on that passenger seat. I'd wrapped it into the chips wrapping before I chucked it. Yup my favourite hat is now in a bin 40 miles from home..

I'm sure the rat population will be grateful to you for kindly donating some bedding to them Thumbs Up Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 13 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sort of dental pain is NOT AT ALL good, HT.

I tend to resolve it by a combo of ibuprofen/paracetamol, which I see you have bought now, as well as clove oil (mentioned) but predominantly weed to just take my mind off it, but thats not TERRIBLY practical. Laughing

Hope the antibiotics have kicked in by now, babes. Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 13 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ground me own gears by giving in and allowing the fella I dumped last weekend to talk me into trying again.

Not been back down there yet, but for now I've agreed its more "on" than "off". Its just the logistics of the situation I have to work on, so that I am reasonably content.

I hope I don't ultimately break his heart. Rolling Eyes

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've ground me own gears by giving in and allowing the fella I dumped last weekend to talk me into trying again.

Not been back down there yet, but for now I've agreed its more "on" than "off". Its just the logistics of the situation I have to work on, so that I am reasonably content.

How does that work? My first 'date' in two years (this Saturday just gone) spent the first ten minutes of our 2 hrs together telling me she wasn't going to have a relationship with me as her last 'partner' was also over 50 with three kids and 'only' 2 years separated and she wasn't prepared to make the same 'mistake'. I believe there was some attraction so I hope it wasn't her way of breaking the fall...

..odd chaps, women.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
hellkat wrote:

How does that work? My first 'date' in two years (this Saturday just gone) spent the first ten minutes of our 2 hrs together telling me she wasn't going to have a relationship with me as her last 'partner' was also over 50 with three kids and 'only' 2 years separated and she wasn't prepared to make the same 'mistake'. I believe there was some attraction so I hope it wasn't her way of breaking the fall...

..odd chaps, women.

Tell her you're just in it for a shag then. Thumbs Up

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A100man wrote:
[

..odd chaps, women.

Tell her you're just in it for a shag then. Thumbs Up

Bugger! Why didn't I think of that? Perhaps I've turned metrosexual Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly is a bit of a conundrum, this single relationship as an old-person malarkey.

I got a telling off from one of my girlfriends last night for, ummm, wait a minute, I can't quite remember the various levels of wrongness to which I have descended. Thinking

... Anyway, we didn't quite fall out about my current behaviour, but we certainly discussed it in quite heated detail.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
My first 'date' in two years (this Saturday just gone) spent the first ten minutes of our 2 hrs together telling me she wasn't going to have a relationship with me as her last 'partner' was also over 50 with three kids and 'only' 2 years separated and she wasn't prepared to make the same 'mistake'. I believe there was some attraction so I hope it wasn't her way of breaking the fall...

Christ, even I can't get my head around that one Laughing

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
A100man wrote:
My first 'date' in two years (this Saturday just gone) spent the first ten minutes of our 2 hrs together telling me she wasn't going to have a relationship with me as her last 'partner' was also over 50 with three kids and 'only' 2 years separated and she wasn't prepared to make the same 'mistake'. I believe there was some attraction so I hope it wasn't her way of breaking the fall...

Christ, even I can't get my head around that one Laughing

Some more background.. Career women, mid-forties, never married, no kids, just back in town after working overseas. I think she may have to temper her expectations .. or find a smarmy wanker.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both grinding and oiled in the same moment, but chosen this thread as grinding happened first. 🤣

Cycling towards Liverpool docks this morning - idiot bus tries to overtake and swerve left into his bus stop before realising I'm doing 30+ and he can't.

He had to stop and wait - that was quite funny.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
Both grinding and oiled in the same moment, but chosen this thread as grinding happened first. 🤣

Cycling towards Liverpool docks this morning - idiot bus tries to overtake and swerve left into his bus stop before realising I'm doing 30+ and he can't.

He had to stop and wait - that was quite funny.

Standard on my cycle commute into Manchester, although to be fair the vast majority of bus drivers are considerate, but there's so many buses it means you come across the 5% idiots frequently. Had one yesterday driving down the (solid white line) cyclelane on the A6 (it's a single lane, but very wide, turns into a bus lane and another lane for traffic further down, frequently see buses driving over the cycle lane to skip the queue and get to the bus lane). It took all my reserve not to have a go at the next set of traffic lights

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

#ProfessionalDrivers 🤣

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
#ProfessionalDrivers 🤣

#Taxi

#TravisBickle oops . . .

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Waiting to disembark from the ferry at Santander in glorious sunshine for 2 weeks riding around Northern Spain.
Gears very oily indeed Laughing

Having to fly home from Spain early, separately from your bike, after a breakdown Brick Wall

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Waiting to disembark from the ferry at Santander in glorious sunshine for 2 weeks riding around Northern Spain.
Gears very oily indeed Laughing

Having to fly home from Spain early, separately from your bike, after a breakdown Brick Wall

Bummer Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Some more background.. Career women, mid-forties, never married, no kids, just back in town after working overseas. I think she may have to temper her expectations .. or find a smarmy wanker.

Those sort usually do.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am sad for the Aussies.
But joyously happy for the Poms.

We get to play them next - yay.
I won't know who to cheer for ... Shifty
#rugger

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to pick up a new car today from my local Ford dealership. Did all the paperwork and went for a tour round the car...

"...and I've just come back from the garage: put a drop of petrol in for you."

But it's a diesel.

"No, it's... errr.... let me check the receipt!"

<some time later>

"We can't find the receipt, just to be sure we're going to siphon out the fuel."

So no new car today Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 515, 516, 517 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 516 of 698