Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 517, 518, 519 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 21 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like prime. I will use Amazon over ebay simply because their return/complaints system is so good. A set of BA taps and dies from India was wrong, complained and a new set was sent out straight away. They didn't even ask for the old ones back.

However, I agree they are 'clever' with their buttons but no more so than any other 'free trial' online company.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 22 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd previously accidentally clicked on free trial so let it run and after a month it stopped with no charge, the recent trickery caught me out too and though I have cancelled it, looks like if you don't they just start charging.
I'm not buying downloadable videos here, our broadband is about 2mb even if I wanted them.
Delivery is usually fast anyway without trying to do next day when there was no need.
They annoyed me the other day by claiming to have been unable to access the 'building' then changed it to unable to access 'front door'.
I was close by all day and nobody came.
I fully understand some days they have too many packets and things go wrong - so say that - don't start telling lies, making you wonder if they tried to deliver to wrong address.
It came next day as normal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 22 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refund from a utilities company Very Happy ... in cheque form. Rolling Eyes Couldn't they have just punted it back to my account electronically?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:54 - 22 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
What p1sses me off is the hoops you have to jump through to AVOID ending up with it. First time I clicked the wrong place and inadvertently signed up, had to ring up and cancel.

"If you decide against continuing your membership, it's easy to turn off your automatic renewal:

- Go to Manage Prime Membership
- If you have a Prime Subscription, select End Membership.
- You can then either select to End Membership. This will stop your Prime membership automatically renewing at the end of your current contract"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201911110

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:44 - 24 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't take a day to move a mobile phone number to a different network as technology should be better than that by now.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBCs show, Brexitcast. For some stupid teason I've ended up watching it again. It's some sort of perverse masochistic thing. Then just a few minutes ago I realised what it is that Laura Kuensbore and Co remind me of, they're like the most boring twats you'd make the mistake of sitting next to in the University Union bar before you learned to spot the dull tw@ts first.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuck in my village

both routes out are flooded

or where

they have now frozen as well Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
stuck in my village

both routes out are flooded

or where

they have now frozen as well Rolling Eyes

Sounds like the start of a horror movie.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wine-coloured velvet wrap dress I was planning to buy last week is now out of stock
Mad Mad

Darn *snaps fingers* ... gonna have to keep shopping ... Laughing woot Laughing

Didn't want to wear a lipstick that dark ANYhow ...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now my frickin smoke alarm has taken up going off intermittently again.

(only for a short while, but several times a day)

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have caught a medical condition. If caught is the right term. My hands seem to shake a lot and If I sit on a chair watching telly one of my feet seem to shake with no explanation, Dr Google suggest early onset of Parkinsons. I take Seretide/Ventolin and am hoping after many years it's a side effect of that. I can't hold either hand out without it trembling. I also get fingers (mainly pinky fingers) going to sleep randomly.

A trip to the quack is in order, I'm too scared to make the appointment though incase he tells me something I don't want to hear. Oh and it's not alcohol related as tea total. I eat a fuck load of chocolate though so also hoping sugar related.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the bad AIDS for you, sunshine Shocked

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I dunno. I am a worrier. Wife said it's probably cancer. I hate her.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I might have caught a medical condition. If caught is the right term. My hands seem to shake a lot and If I sit on a chair watching telly one of my feet seem to shake with no explanation, Dr Google suggest early onset of Parkinsons. I take Seretide/Ventolin and am hoping after many years it's a side effect of that. I can't hold either hand out without it trembling. I also get fingers (mainly pinky fingers) going to sleep randomly.

A trip to the quack is in order, I'm too scared to make the appointment though incase he tells me something I don't want to hear. Oh and it's not alcohol related as tea total. I eat a fuck load of chocolate though so also hoping sugar related.

Asthmatic here!
Ventolin makes me shake like mad. Very very noticeable on my hands. Taken it for years and the shaking has remained. It's also a known side effect but you've actually caught the aids from me. (not)

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Ventolin on it's own is crap. I need to get the Seretide steroid down me first thing in the morning and last thing at night or else I fear death through closed airways.

The shaking thing is bad news. Whoever design these drugs wants to do a fucking proper job. Side effects my arse.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh I'd rather shake than slowly suffocate to death! I get what you mean though. One example is if I'm welding something intricate - I've seen me chop welding rods in half to lessen the shaking effect at the weld..

Side effects in medicines is a thing and they're often prescribed not for their intended use and more for that side effect.

I'm on several inhalers which include stand alone medication and also mixes like you're describing. I've not been offered alternatives for a long time which likely means there are currently no alternatives. The steroids thing is a major concern but for me it's working - I might shake but I've also not had an episode for quite some time.
I'm not sure how you're prescribed? If you've not been to an asthma clinic for over a year then get it organised. Doctors can and do misdiagnose ailments.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
hellkat wrote:

I dunno. I am a worrier. Wife said it's probably cancer. I hate her.

Googling most symptoms will suggest you might have cancer or the bad aids, it could be any number of things far less serious or not serious at all, it really is best to try to find out rather than worrying about it for months/years.
Besides, if you only have weeks to live don't just sit there when you could be spending the kids inheritance Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:

I'm not sure how you're prescribed? If you've not been to an asthma clinic for over a year then get it organised. Doctors can and do misdiagnose ailments.

The Ventolin is not a Steroid, the Seretide is though, I go to an Asthma clinic every 6 months, if I don't go then I can't have a prescription, so I gotta go. The shakes is bad news for me, one example playing an fps game where your left pinky is used for the shift key, if I hold it down sometimes it shakes uncontrollably.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents rang to say they'd bought an anniversary present and inadvertently signed up to Amazon Prime.

lol.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half term and there are still twats on the road Sad

Came up to a mini roundabout and the road behind me was free of traffic so I thought I'd pause and adjust my mirrors. Glad I did! Just as I was entering the roundabout a van came flying around the corner: speeding, no right of way, wrong side of the road, zero fucks given. As I screeched to a halt - the van missing me by about a foot - I noticed the driver was on their mobile Evil or Very Mad

Shame I was on the way to work otherwise it would have been interesting to tail them.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had a lingering cough for the last two weeks. Had it at exactly the same time last year.

It can cunt off now.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon poop.
I'm working in places with lots of it. I will be dead by Friday. (we're fully suited and respirators but still - dirty flying tw*ts)
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 517, 518, 519 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 518 of 698