Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I knew certain ppl would be triggered Smile I never said that my daughter didn't want to work only that her back was so bad she can get disability benefits (if she so desires.)

Unless you expect people to go from a physically demanding job to an office job overnight? Always looks good in a new job too, constantly taking time off to visit doctors and hospitals. Maybe the welfare state is overused by the workshy but if it isn't there to help people out when they hit a sticky patch then we may as well do away with the whole thing and go back to the workhouse system.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience has been similar to yours mpd. Except that before my bike accident, in which my injuries sound like they were considerably worse than yours, I was badly burned in a fire in a barrack block when in the RAF. You might not think there are consequences to such burns, but I can tell you there are, although on their own they're mostly quite manageable. Then the crash that injured my back. Picking yourself up once, even twice from such things is to be lauded. But when a third one comes along, and by this time you're older anyway, and don't sustain it so well...well, it becomes a bit much. Especially when it's a genuine back injury Rolling Eyes

And that's still only the half of it Laughing

And it might be worth pointing out to you that just because you've gone through such a trauma, it doesn't make you the know-it-all on all such injuries. Trauma is not a one-size-fits-all thing.

So when you've been through a few like yours, which appears to me to have been comparatively minor, then come back and let me know you can just keep going on as if nothing had happened.

And guess what? I'm not angry at the whole world because of it all Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I saw a horse wearing a cuntabard.

What's got 6 legs and a cunt half way up it's back?

A police horse. Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
just too lazy?

Nailed it! Laughing

You quoted me, but you didn't read it Wink
But that's ok. I read less and less of the diatribes and vitriol you spew all over this forum too Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:35 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work because I get bored, I could never work again if I wanted but I get bored easy and I enjoy sorting shit out.

How does that balance the scales?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:35 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

George the Poet. Someone should smack him over the head with a John Cooper Clark LP.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:52 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

No, the good thing would be to die owing that 10.5k. Thumbs Up Laughing

You don't have to die. Just get a doctor to rubber stamp your dementia. Laughing

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

We've also had failed parts replaced under standard warranty.
We've never had a problem with HP in the 40 years we've used them. You must be unlucky.

40 Years ago, HP only made printers. They bought Compaq around 15 years ago to take over the PC and server side.
When was the last time you used them and which part? Printers and laptops are not the same company as servers, which falls under HPE.

I'm a HP Business Partner and have been for over 15 years. I was a Compaq ASE and have been doing warranty work on Proliant servers for over 20 years. We used to get on well with the warranty call centres, now it's a London number forwarding to Mumbai where a robot reads from a screen and their main job is to drag it on for another 48 hours until you get bored and give up. The customer care team called from France and after 6 days of waiting for them to get in touch, shot me down within 10 seconds.

The £250 + VAT Colour Laserjet in question has done 50 impressions and was 6 weeks old when it died, after having intermittent issues from day 1. The HP of old would have classed that as DOA and replaced with new, not insisted on swapping it for a second hand, repaired unit of unknown age and use. Clearly the customer wont accept that so muggins here is going to have to buy them a new one at my expense and either repair their one or accept a second hand unit in return.

My mistake - we've been using HP since 1983 (so only 36 years) when we transitioned from our ICL mainframes to the HP3000 minicomputers and started using HP Vectra PCs in 1985.

The HP3000 minicomputer was first released in 1972 (47 years ago) and that was definitely not a printer.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:43 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I work because I get bored, I could never work again if I wanted but I get bored easy and I enjoy sorting shit out.

That'll be my daughter - she can't handle just sitting around watching daytime TV all day. At the moment she's going back and forth between hospitals to see whether they can fix anything and if not what medication (i.e. pain management) she'll be on.

Nice to hear others are so rich they don't need the welfare state when they're ill, lucky you Smile

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:33 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey this probably means a free car Easy-X. That'll rattle a few people here haha!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:57 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

That'll be my daughter - she can't handle just sitting around watching daytime TV all day. At the moment she's going back and forth between hospitals to see whether they can fix anything and if not what medication (i.e. pain management) she'll be on.

Nice to hear others are so rich they don't need the welfare state when they're ill, lucky you Smile

Lol I need it when I'm ill, I fully agree people can't work with some injury/disabilities. It's not about being rich, it's about being crashed into just enough to not die Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It's not a "bad back" as in "give us some pain killers [so I can sell them to the local druggies later]" it's a combination of fused vertebrae, crumbling disks and associated arthritis. She's not "using" anything. And I don't see why the unnecessary cruelty of the past should carry forward to today.

Ankylosing Spondylitis?

If so. it's a lot more than a bad back and can be extremely debilitating.

Ignore BNP72, he's an idiot.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:57 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

what grinds my gears today?

athletes food Mad

I now have to shove all my socks in a bleach bucket, and my bikers shoes are going have to be decontaminated vigorously.

I hate fungal infections......... little tiny bastards

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:
what grinds my gears today?

athletes food Mad

I now have to shove all my socks in a bleach bucket, and my bikers shoes are going have to be decontaminated vigorously.

I hate fungal infections......... little tiny bastards

The cure for that is don't store your whey protein in your shoes.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 01 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Maybe, it's "just" spondyloarthritis (you reminded me of the word) at the moment which I think is more of an umbrella term for "your back's fucked, we'll get back to you with the details."

Sister Sledge wrote:
Blimey this probably means a free car Easy-X. That'll rattle a few people here haha!

Not just that but a blue badge too Wink Shame she can't drive Sad Can't ride the ebike either... and I built a custom pillion seat with sissy-bar seat-back and foot pegs for little 'un, even bolted a faux handlebar behind the seat, tandem stylee.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ate out of date (one day) sandwiches yesterday and today I am the human icing bag Shocked

I didn’t believe there could be so much poo in one human body Shocked Shocked Laughing
It’s a good job I don’t have to go to work today.

It’s nice to share these things with you lot Thumbs Up

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:23 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I ate out of date (one day) sandwiches yesterday and today I am the human icing bag Shocked

I didn’t believe there could be so much poo in one human body Shocked Shocked Laughing
It’s a good job I don’t have to go to work today.

It’s nice to share these things with you lot Thumbs Up

We all need a good clear out now and then!

'Not just that but a blue badge too Wink Shame she can't drive Sad Can't ride the ebike either... and I built a custom pillion seat with sissy-bar seat-back and foot pegs for little 'un, even bolted a faux handlebar behind the seat, tandem stylee'

Easy-X ^^
Who says they need to be able to drive? Use a nominated driver and bingo a tax free car lease is yours..

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
... and I built a custom pillion seat with sissy-bar seat-back and foot pegs for little 'un, even bolted a faux handlebar behind the seat, tandem stylee.

I think physical disability may not be the real reason for declining to ride that Thinking

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
... and I built a custom pillion seat with sissy-bar seat-back and foot pegs for little 'un, even bolted a faux handlebar behind the seat, tandem stylee.

I think physical disability may not be the real reason for declining to ride that Thinking

Oh yeah, not the sort of thing that has any street cred Smile

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

My mistake - we've been using HP since 1983 (so only 36 years) when we transitioned from our ICL mainframes to the HP3000 minicomputers and started using HP Vectra PCs in 1985.

The HP3000 minicomputer was first released in 1972 (47 years ago) and that was definitely not a printer.

Ah yes, forgot about those rare beasts known as Vectra's. When HP was taken over by Compaq though, it was still 90% printer sales. The Compaq side took over the PC and server hardware, retiring any remaining legacy HP PC or server kit to the dustbin.

Even Mr Packard himself wasn't too convinced about merging with Compaq due to it's concentration on PC's and servers.

Quote:
While supporters of the merger argued that there would be economies of scale and that the sales of PCs would drive sales of printers and cameras, Walter Hewlett was convinced that PCs were a low-margin but risky business that would not contribute and would likely dilute the old HP's traditionally profitable Imaging and Printing division

HP actually acquired Compaq being the major shareholder (roughly 60%/40%).

In 2001, the year of the merger, the Imaging and Printing division had net revenue $19.4bn and the Computing system division had net revenues of $17.7bn. Total net revenue for that year was $45.2bn.
Figures are from HPs 2001 annual report.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zzzzzzzzzzz wake me up when the IT crowd finish puberty. Yawwwn.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to quote figures they should be correct ones!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 528 of 698