Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 541, 542, 543 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:22 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
We're moving house in Cyprus. Last month we sold the old house and deposited bankers drafts for the amount we sold it for (no BACS or similar for large sums here) in our joint cyprus bank account.

We went in to the bank today to draw a bankers draft to pay for the new house. Cue many identity checks, inspection of paperwork etc as expected.

Then, out of the blue, they hit us with a charge of .5% of the amount of the bank draft! Apparently a standard charge for vetting large transactions. Grrrrr

Fcuking daylight robbery. They've taken nearly €500 off us for checking the veracity of our own money. Gagged

Yeah yeah first world problems Rolling Eyes

TLDR: Banks eh? Bastards all whatever country you're in.

I suppose you should think yourself lucky the government didn't just decide to help themselves to 20% of your balance. They have previous.

I would argue that Cyprus has a fairly tenuous claim to being "first world".

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singer/song writer announced for the new Bond film; Billie Eilish. Talentless little emo tramp, it's gonna be shit, in my book nothing bettered Rita Coolidge - All Time High (The Theme Song From Octopussy) 1983.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear she's doing a duet with Rick Astley doing a cover of All time high by Rita Coolridge.

Good on 'em I say.

I daresay it'll have the David Arnold treatment whatever comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:07 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking biblical out there, I've just ridden home from Bristol via Bath to avoid going over the cotswolds to miss the worst of the wind half blinded and inexplicably nobody has invented a wiper that will attach to my visor yet.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's fucking biblical out there, I've just ridden home from Bristol via Bath to avoid going over the cotswolds to miss the worst of the wind half blinded and inexplicably nobody has invented a wiper that will attach to my visor yet.

I avoid situations like that by not fvcking using the bike until it's summer.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:18 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I avoid situoations like that by not fvcking using the bike until it's summer.

I prefer not to waste an extra 2 hours a day by trying to drive through bristol rush hours to get to work.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I thought you were like Ste.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:36 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
My bad, I thought you were like Ste.

Bald? Nah, have a full head of hair.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey, gypo thieving scum.

Two blokes, a woman and an 8 year old kid broke into a disused part of our factory on Saturday and had a good look around. All caught on CCTV

Yesterday evening (Monday) they came back when it was dark and rainy (heavy rain scuppers the AI detection in the CCTV system), broke in a door and spent 3 hours stripping out HV cabling - unfortunately not live.

The police collar them coming out of the factory (having neatly piled up loads of cable ready for loading into the car parked just down the road) and I spent half a day today downloading all the cctv footage from various cameras, noting down times when the scallys appear to make it easier for plod.

Later today we get told they've been released without charge because "the 8 year old wanted to look around so we were just doing urban exploring".

Seems that you can use that as an excuse now if you ever get caught burgling.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:10 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Pikey, gypo thieving scum.

It's a pink and fluffy world now. Up this way Police are doing interviews by appointment...

It's only going to get worse. The world has gone mad.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:38 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Did they just pick up drums of the stuff or tear it out the walls?!

The former I could understand "not worth the paperwork" if you got your property back. If it's the latter then it's criminal damage: write to the chief inspector, your MP.... and the local press.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 07:27 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think it's a strange world you should try looking at it through a coppers eyes.

They get called out to some factory at night to find a few scrotes nicking a few £100's worth of scrap. Meanwhile, the factory owner has been nicking £100's of £1000's over the years with sharp practices & dodgy accounting.

You'll find that the real thieves out there wear suits & carry briefcases. You can steal much more with a Uni degree than you can a crowbar.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just a few hundred £.

There are several hundred thousand pounds worth of cabling in there.

We've already had break ins and lost a lot of copper cabling and bus bars.

Also a significant value in stainless.

Despite having perimeter fencing, infra-red beams, cameras (just spent £10k upgrading 2 cameras and the recorder), bolting doors shut they still find ways in.

On their Saturday visit they prised some cladding off the factory walls and on Monday they kicked the door in.

Still just Urban Exploring officer!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
If you think it's a strange world you should try looking at it through a coppers eyes.

They get called out to some factory at night to find a few scrotes nicking a few £100's worth of scrap. Meanwhile, the factory owner has been nicking £100's of £1000's over the years with sharp practices & dodgy accounting.

You'll find that the real thieves out there wear suits & carry briefcases. You can steal much more with a Uni degree than you can a crowbar.

You're supporting pikey scum and saying a factory owner you don't know is a thief?

Fcuk me, that's the sort of twatty comment I'd expect off a left wing diversity supporting racist asshole like Lammy.

Mind you, he'd have said the police should have carried the wire out for them if they were black. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Despite having perimeter fencing, infra-red beams, cameras (just spent £10k upgrading 2 cameras and the recorder)...

On their Saturday visit they prised some cladding off the factory walls and on Monday they kicked the door in.

Hadn't you thought about upgrading the number one method of entering a building...the door? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Still just Urban Exploring officer!

I do not see how it can be that if you have their activities (actually removing cable from wherever it was) on film, and removing it to the outside.

Perhaps contacting the police again and pressing the point would be worthwhile. You could always ask for their comment "to put on the website you're going to upload the details and footage onto"....

However, I have had recent experience with the police, and it seems that under many circumstances they are utterly useless.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 14:55 - 15 Jan 2020; edited 1 time in total

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

Despite having perimeter fencing, infra-red beams, cameras (just spent £10k upgrading 2 cameras and the recorder)...

Hadn't you thought about upgrading the number one method of entering a building...the door? Laughing

They go through doors, roof (going along pipe tracking), ripping off cladding etc etc.

My solution would be razor wire the fences and take up all the gratings of the factory floors and let them take their chances.

Apparently the law says we have to spend a fortune (been looking at a £50k upgrade to cctv and beam detection) to keep them safe from themselves.

The law is an ass.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

My solution would be razor wire the fences

I absolutely agree this should be a legal option to protect property. And if you can't on the outer fence, it should at least be legal on a secondary boundary inside.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perfectly lawful to put electric fencing up. Obviously it needs to be out of reach of children. Several businesses in Blyth (Northumberland) have electric fencing up.

Sadly police funding is at a big low. Burglaries don't bring in much needed funding but speed cameras do..

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other way to look at it: would anyone miss them if they... disappeared? Twisted Evil

Like, do all their little friends go to the police and say "yeah mate, he said he was going out to tief some tings and hasn't come back!"

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking Azithromycin.
I've only had three out of the course of 10.

First one caused an uncomfortable stomach cramp within a couple of hours, and 36 hours later my stomach is growling with gas, let alone the hot farts. I'm scared if I take any more they will become hot wet farts.

Where I work, its given to a lot of people to help get them through winter to help avoid suffering bad respiratory infections. And a lot of them do complain that it gives them diarrhoea. So I must have fairly strong guts cos so far there's just a lot of noise (internal) and the occasional ripe smell.

But I can't imagine having to be on it long term like that, it must be horrendous. They even give it to small kids, 250mg (half of what I am taking), three times a week right through winter.

Still, it already seems to be working on whatever was wrong with my nose Cool Thumbs Up I can actually touch my face again now.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:36 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what pissed me off today? fecking cats.

Opened the garage door to put my bike in my garage, dump the bike, and and I am about to close the garage door, mr cat is now in the garage, have to chase the thing out. I think that I have been put on a cat curse by gypsies or something like that Mad

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still stuck in hospital, last nights entertainment was a guy who decided he was on a burning ship and the best way to deal with that was to racially abuse the nurse while demanding she gets him a new submarine.

Gears ground even more because my lung has refused to inflate so now I'm hooked up to what looks like a complex hydroponics system and if this don't work by the weekend I'll be transhipped to scumhampton hospital for surgery.

3 days without nicotine ain't helping either.

Also how does the cookhouse make tomato soup taste identical to parsnip soup? I think that may actually be a skill.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Still stuck in hospital

Sorry to hear it, GWS.

Excuse my curiosity, but how did you wind up with a collapsed lung, if you don't mind my asking?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Singer/song writer announced for the new Bond film; Billie Eilish. Talentless little emo tramp, it's gonna be shit, in my book nothing bettered Rita Coolidge - All Time High (The Theme Song From Octopussy) 1983.

No way, its either Carly Simon (nobody does it better) or Paul McCartney (Live and let die) Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 541, 542, 543 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 542 of 698