Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 583, 584, 585 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any excuse to wear shades indoors, I'm there.
Cool

#moody

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilfHunter wrote:
An unpleasant strong smell emitting from the motor like a freshly spunked up Kym Marsh.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that odour, anything like Lynx Africa?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:54 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidently gave Donk 20 abusives rather than 19. Arsecakes, karma bot will revoke them all....

TheIncredible...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The missus constantly sending me pictures of how nice the weather is at home Evil or Very Mad

I'm at work woman, so quit with the "look how much of a lovely time I'm having sat on my arse doing nothing" pictures Middle Finger *

*If you read this babe, I'm just acting 'ard on the internet, I didn't mean it.....

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last year or so, I've been getting emails ostensibly addressed to me, but nothing actually to do with my life. I eventually realised that there must be another person (apparently in America) with the same fairly unusual surname as mine, but I ignored them with as good a grace as I could manage.

But now they are starting to become more regular. Last month she bought a car (a big urban wagon thing) for which they suggested I register for updates about the range ... and this month her marathon-running group leader decided to contact me to explain how to use their app to measure and record her running times, etc.

I felt grouchy enough about it today to write back and request (in a very frosty "English" tone of voice) that IT WAS MY EMAIL ADDRESS FIRST and that they should cease and desist at once Laughing

Turns out in fact, that apparently she has an account with yahoo, and instead of gmail, its ymail, but such is the might of our google overlords that STUPID PEOPLE assume it is gmail and have been sending things to me (and for which I have been mostly placing a spam filter against most of them).

Bloody Americans, coming along, taking our jobs, our menfolk ... and our email addresses. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
and this month her marathon-running group leader decided to contact me to explain how to use their app to measure and record her running times, etc.

Are you sure they've got the wrong person?

It's ok, I can say that...my affairs are in order Shifty
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forms! Bloody forms! Paperwork, bloody paperwork! Bloody Argh!

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:56 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a long rant about fucking lorry drivers and fucking cyclist, previewed it then lost it, fucking laptops as well!

ah well beer and barby beckons

TheIncredible...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:
I wrote a long rant about fucking lorry drivers and fucking cyclist, previewed it then lost it, fucking laptops as well!

Sounds like all of the above should be anecdotes for your "other" thread? Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My left ankle is swollen, when I took my tights off, my leg looked the same shape as a bad copy of a Chippendale chair.
Rolling Eyes

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:16 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled a muscle in my upper back just beneath my right shoulder blade. The pain is going up and down my neck. It's impossible to relieve, and I've tried ibuprofen and all that.

The main reason it's grinding my gears is that I've had this happen a few times before, and when it does it causes back spasms and tension through my whole upper body for weeks at a time. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:09 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIncredibleSulk wrote:
BigTim wrote:

Sounds like all of the above should be anecdotes for your "other" thread? Shocked

For clarity: I didn't fuck a lorry driver even during my experimental stage!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been aware of Coronavirus for at least three months now yet the supermarkets are still full of idiots shopping as a couple/family, oblivious to the direction arrows and/or parking their trolley on one side of the aisle and perusing the other side, oblivious to the 2 metre-spaced queue trying to form behind. Die!

I've taken to travelling to the shop around Thursday 8pm to avoid the virtue-signalling neighbourhood clapping. I support the NHS but I can't bear all that nonsense.
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:

Hah, me neither!

Possibly only because my fat little legs wouldn't be likely to get up on those big lorry steps, I used to struggle with the Number 1 chaperone's white van and I refuse to clamber to participate in a shenanigan, most unseemly. Shifty

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NHS has let 30000 people die. Not a good batting average is it.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:17 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bank, Paypal and others wanting a mobile number so they can send confirmation SMS before letting you log-in.
WE HAVE NO PHONE SIGNAL I would have to drive two miles up the road to get a text.
I know there are ways round it but since mobiles are largely unusable round here I don't much use it, so don't see any need to change onto a different package which actually allows wifi calling.
Why isn't that allowed by default. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:

You forgot that night on the B2761 layby then? Wub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:50 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
BigTim wrote:

You forgot that night on the B2761 layby then? Wub

I remember , I was hiding in the bushes watching Eh? Pale

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I've taken to travelling to the shop around Thursday 8pm to avoid the virtue-signalling neighbourhood clapping. I support the NHS but I can't bear all that nonsense.

I haven't joined in with the weekly virtue signaling either. I looked out last night at 8pm and saw the people opposite to us clapping away, not from their doorway but from the edge of their driveway so they could be properly seen. Probably in the hope of being filmed for the local news.
The mum was pointing out the households who weren't joining in to her husband, to which his response was 'Fuck 'em'.
I'd wager that if these people in particular were asked to actually do something tangible for the NHS, they'd find some bullshit excuse not to.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filling forms on line to prove that I'm a good honest person, but need to put every detail of anyone I have ever met, their pets names and if the were left or right handed. I also need to remember when I got divorced which court and what the ex is doing now and where she lives.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Ooh - good plan.

I appreciate the sentiment behind the first clapping episode (though I missed it cos not a Facebooker) but the constant repeats have indeed become mawkish.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is still not MOT'd. Rolling Eyes
The indicators are causing some sort of wiring issue which is starting to sound expensive.

Oh, yes. And apparently the sinister fiend has now dumped me because I did not keep 2m distance from the MOT man.

This could possibly be related to the fact that when he shouted at me from his car window to keep 2m away - that I apparently ignored him. Which is mainly to do with the fact that I appear to be partially deaf and didn't hear what he was shouting at me Shifty

Either way, single girl again.
That was a short and sweet romance.
Oh well.

I'm more annoyed about the bike, actually Rolling Eyes

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
what the ex is doing now and where she lives.

Hmm. Really intrusive checks, possibly even asking her for a character report, if not checking for any criminal connections she has/had. I wouldn't be happy filling out any form that asked detailed intrusive questions like that. No job would be worth that, to me.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 583, 584, 585 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 584 of 698