Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 627, 628, 629 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:
Bloody useless Yodel,

Sitting in my office get an email saying your parcel has just been delivered 4.15pm. WTF the yard and the warehouse are covered by ctv and no fekker came anywhere near.

Immediate phone call and web chat gets nowhere. Are all their drivers stupid/thieves/con artists?

Knew what the parcel was, and needed the parts so not to let an important customer down.

Thank you Yodel Evil or Very Mad

Lately things have got worse with regard to deliveries. I've had a few issues. The ones that send you a text message with a delivery slot and who take a photo of the package when they drop it off are great (DPD, etc.) but everyone else seems to be well under par.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Gears ground by a colleague who sits near me and has absolutely no regard for coronavirus; despite living in an area with soaring infections (Manchester) and with strict lockdown measures, she still is having dinner parties with large numbers of friends, going out, visiting family etc.. and I see this is her being a very likely candidate to bringing coronavirus into the workplace and more specifically to me, putting my family then at risk. It's frustrating because from an employment perspective, there's nothing that can be done but I worry for my wife and newborn son. Crying or Very sad

You do realise Corona virus is just a myth put about by the loony left to control us, don't you?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
"Asylum seekers in Glasgow complaining about conditions".

Well if you do not like it, then go back to where you came from.

Talk about the hand that feeds and gift horses. 🙄

Whatever they are 'suffering' has to be better than conditions they fled from. So STFU.
The UK is not responsible for the despot/non secular regimes they left.

Up here the Syrian refugees we took in a few years ago were complaining it was too cold. This while they were in centrally heated temp flats set aside for them. I was at the time supporting a few homeless clients who were rough sleeping.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

But they are in Glasgow, Are you sure it's worse?

A lot of Glasgow is really nice. The SNP keeps large tracts of it in the s#it though in order to create a loyal pool of nationalist voters who have been promised that post independence they are all going to get massive personal grants from Europe.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

But they are in Glasgow, Are you sure it's worse?

A lot of Glasgow is really nice. The SNP keeps large tracts of it in the s#it though in order to create a loyal pool of nationalist voters who have been promised that post independence they are all going to get massive personal grants from Europe.

I think the social poverty thing is just a thing.
Those in power ignore/pay lip service and those out of power use it as a political hammer.

Tedious situation.

There's no solution, as a state of poverty is entirely subjective.
Sweden has a very nice standard of living but there are also many Swedes who are impoverished.

Poverty can also be self inflicted or due to mental and other health issues.

But I'm not a nationalist at all.
Wearing a kilt, heughing at a cèilidh and listen to bagpipe and drums but that will never make me a separatist (Maybe that makes me unpopular though. 🤣)

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Won't they have to be in the EU for that? Probably the topic of a different thread but since we've left we've dragged Scotland out kicking and screaming with us - they'd have to reapply surely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 02 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Won't they have to be in the EU for that? Probably the topic of a different thread but since we've left we've dragged Scotland out kicking and screaming with us - they'd have to reapply surely.

Shhhhj.... Don't tell them that.....

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:43 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Be careful, the devolved thing is only a propaganda of the Scottish Nazi Party.
It was kicked into touch last time the pricks tried to hoodwink the Scottish Proles into 'independence'.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:48 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/bs.png

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay and other online sellers are letting me down a lot these days and are holding up progress on my bike project. The point of a project bike is that I have something to do other than Youtube on a rainy Saturday, so it feels like these people are $%^ing up my life right now. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

In one case, I've been looking forward to my first ever ball pein hammer, so I can have a go at making a mudguard from sheet metal. It never arrived and no tracking info was given, so I opened an Ebay dispute, asking for the item. That was another mistake - I should have immediately asked for a refund. The seller ignores me completely and, no doubt, Ebay will step in in a few days.

In another case, I've been waiting for a rear tyre for 2 weeks. I get that it's an obsolete size, and that the ad stated they would need 10 days to import it. But the seller (not Ebay) refuses to give me an ETA. These people don't care if I have a schedule - they just put up their ad with an attractive price and then, it seems, dial around for suppliers to procure the item they never stocked in the first place.

Engine is ready to go back in the frame, I'm about ready to start fabricating a new seat from fibreglass, and choose a new handlebar and headlight, etc. But no, it has to just sit there under a rain cover.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:33 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
The seller ignores me completely and, no doubt, Ebay will step in in a few days.

From when you start the dispute on eBay, you only have to wait three days before you can ask eBay to step in.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
From when you start the dispute on eBay, you only have to wait three days before you can ask eBay to step in.

Ebay dispute opnened on 30/09/2020, and it says: "Please be patient - you should hear back from the seller soon
If you don't hear back or can't sort something out with the seller, you can ask us to step in beginning Oct. 6."

I suppose I'll just have to wait. I'll probably head down to a real shop in the coming week and buy a hammer there, and get the seller to refund me on 06/10/2020.

What I suspect happened in this case was that the seller, an Ebay powerseller, probably couldn't procure the item (from China) at the price he'd advertised, so he decided to just ignore the issue because a certain % of negative reviews doesn't mean much.

It was a 40oz hickory-handled ball pein hammer for ÂŁ7.20 including postage. Too good to be true, perhaps. However, for an amateur like me, it's the sort of ad to get me excited, as getting your toes wet for just ÂŁ7.20 is interesting. Only ÂŁ7.20 down the drain, if it turns out it's not so easy.

Oh well, lessons learned on my side.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to have a duvet day.
When I woke up it was pissing down, so the cats and I stayed in bed.
In a vest and knickers, in bed with the laptop and a world of entertainment at my fingertips.
All day.
Sounds like a dream day, right?

Well it was, till about mid afternoon when I woke up from a snooze in a proper bad funk.

How do people who are really depressed stay in bed all the time?
It drives me to even lower points than usual.

I have to get up, and even if all I do is be out in the living room or the kitchen, its better than being in bed.

It's nice to get in it after a shitty day, or to be in it when everybody else is getting up and going to work, but its not so great when you stay in it all day.

How strange Shocked

I'm better now, mind. Got up and made a bit of dinner and a spliff.
Cool Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 04 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Cool Thumbs Up

That's the answer to why I stay in bed all day when I can.
I'm trying to abstain from alcohol and drugs. To say this is NOT easy is an understatement, and then lockdown and furlough came in and God said "Tell you what, I'll pay you 80% to sit and get drunk"...
If I'm asleep I'm not dealing with the temptation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I decided to have a duvet day.
When I woke up it was pissing down, so the cats and I stayed in bed.
In a vest and knickers, in bed with the laptop and a world of entertainment at my fingertips.
All day.
Sounds like a dream day, right?

Well it was, till about mid afternoon when I woke up from a snooze in a proper bad funk.

How do people who are really depressed stay in bed all the time?
It drives me to even lower points than usual.

I have to get up, and even if all I do is be out in the living room or the kitchen, its better than being in bed.

It's nice to get in it after a shitty day, or to be in it when everybody else is getting up and going to work, but its not so great when you stay in it all day.

How strange Shocked

Cool Thumbs Up

How's that brake caliper refurb coming along? Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
I've just done my nails!
Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've forgotten what ground my gears Brick Wall

*wanders off back to [wherever] to try and remember*

I'm sure it will come to me.
Everything does in the end.
Mmmmm.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 07 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an impacted wisdom tooth yanked out this afternoon, so I'll have to resort to grinding my gears rather than my teeth.

More annoying is that I now have a craving to wreck my mouth on some French bread???? WTF

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 07 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Had an impacted wisdom tooth yanked out this afternoon, so I'll have to resort to grinding my gears rather than my teeth.

More annoying is that I now have a craving to wreck my mouth on some French bread???? WTF

It's not often that you can envy a visit to the dentist.
I've had a hole in my tooth since March but am not in extreme agony so have to put up with it.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:19 - 07 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

It's not often that you can envy a visit to the dentist.
I've had a hole in my tooth since March but am not in extreme agony so have to put up with it.

I'm more pissed that they had to remove it (as it wasn't giving any grief), because I had half the tooth next to it fall out in 2010, when I eventually got fed up with the grief of hot, cold, crunchy, and bitty stuff aggravating it, it was bodge filled by an NHS butcher four years later in 2014. That filling fell out two years ago and the tooth now needs a crown, as does it's neighbour which has been doing all the hard work and has fractures in the cuspids.
My deposit for a new home will have been swallowed by three crowns (just had one done on another bkoen tooth), a wisdom tooth removal, regular check up and two cleaning sessions - we are not amused!!

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 08 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attitude of the cat we've just bought, never owned a kitten/cat before. Seems to be all like "I'll sit on your lap for a bit to get some nice food and then you can fuck off!".

Seems a bit hostile to me.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:28 - 08 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Attitude of the cat we've just bought, never owned a kitten/cat before. Seems to be all like "I'll sit on your lap for a bit to get some nice food and then you can fuck off!".

Did you get it to be a fur baby or a complete cunt that's going to fix your rat problem?

Not sure why you are bitching.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 08 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
King29 wrote:

Did you get it to be a fur baby or a complete cunt that's going to fix your rat problem?

Not sure why you are bitching.

Fair point.

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:21 - 08 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

They all do that sir, well a lot of them

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 08 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just what cats do.
They're not usually as needy as dogs.
They pick and choose when they feel like being nice to you Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 627, 628, 629 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 628 of 698