Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 643, 644, 645 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
U OK Huns?
https://media3.giphy.com/media/wvQIqJyNBOCjK/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470bwqe8awt33lc1886i2x6dr1r82irwex54692576&rid=giphy.gif
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:40 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby just broke my toilet. Rolling Eyes

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby just broke my toilet. Rolling Eyes
Use a coat hanger to break its back, then it will flush away.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in the outer London boroughs.

Spacker before lockdown:
"Well, my address says Kent, so thus far and hence forth, I will live in Kent and behave like I'm in a Tier 1, not Tier 2 area!"

Spacker after lockdown:
"I'm in a London borough, so thus far and hence forth, I will live in London and behave like I'm in Tier 2, not 3!"

Beckenham has not been "Kent" for decades. It's a twee relic of old boundaries. Commonly used by the faux middle classes to add a few grand to their house when up for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:11 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
People in the outer London boroughs.

Spacker before lockdown:
"Well, my address says Kent, so thus far and hence forth, I will live in Kent and behave like I'm in a Tier 1, not Tier 2 area!"

Spacker after lockdown:
"I'm in a London borough, so thus far and hence forth, I will live in London and behave like I'm in Tier 2, not 3!"

Beckenham has not been "Kent" for decades. It's a twee relic of old boundaries. Commonly used by the faux middle classes to add a few grand to their house when up for sale.

I'm from Kent, I'm from Mottingham....

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

That explains quite a lot.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Into Tier 3 you go! Whistle

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:20 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tier 2 for me. Currently residing considerably west of london

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifey.

We got a new set of clipper cutters. I fitted them but they were slightly out of alignment and catching on the guard. Wifey comes out with utter shite about how they should be set up. Utter utter illogical feminine logic.

I made a stupid mistake. I said go ahead, show me.

She did. Set it up in a totally illogical way and of course it worked perfectly.

She is at the moment a totally insufferable smug bitch. Evil or Very Mad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Wifey.

We got a new set of clipper cutters. I fitted them but they were slightly out of alignment and catching on the guard. Wifey comes out with utter shite about how they should be set up. Utter utter illogical feminine logic.

She did. Set it up in a totally illogical way and of course it worked perfectly.

Laughing

So you did it wrong and you're mad at yourself then? Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Wifey.

Laughing

So you did it wrong and you're mad at yourself then? Razz

Yes, but she still fluked it. Laughing

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Yes, but she still fluked it. Laughing

A broken clock is still right twice a day, you can recover ground next time

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poor Suzuki RF900 has been parked up in the work's multi-storey since I relocated in 2017, gathering hand-drawn hearts and cock-and-balls in the dust. The gov website says it hasn't been taxed or MOT'd in over three years. Oddly, it also says it is green when it looks dark grey. A rescue has been preying on my mind and I might be a sucker for waifs and strays but I'm wondering whether to ask Security to forward a cheeky bid to the mystery owner.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
A poor Suzuki RF900 has been parked up in the work's multi-storey since I relocated in 2017, gathering hand-drawn hearts and cock-and-balls in the dust. The gov website says it hasn't been taxed or MOT'd in over three years. Oddly, it also says it is green when it looks dark grey. A rescue has been preying on my mind and I might be a sucker for waifs and strays but I'm wondering whether to ask Security to forward a cheeky bid to the mystery owner.

I find those really pretty. Future classic, bound to be a bag of crazy laughs too. Go for it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:12 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Why not. Guessing one day it wouldn't start. Owner left it there with all intentions of collecting/fixing it and never did. You have nothing to lose.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

They seem highly underrated and thus will be valued in peanuts.. FWIW Pratcical Sportbike got hold of one for 300 quid for a Lands End JOG 24 hour jaunt ..

PS 'Cock and Balls' - excellent

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

They seem highly underrated and thus will be valued in peanuts.. FWIW Pratcical Sportbike got hold of one for 300 quid for a Lands End JOG 24 hour jaunt ..

PS 'Cock and Balls' - excellent

They are underacted because they came out at the same time as the excellent Yamaha FJ1200 and while in their own right they aren't bad bikes, compared to that they were very poor.

I test rode one of them back to back with the FJ1200 back in the late 80's and there was no contest where my money was going.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the RF900 engine developed specifically for that bike? I can't think of another Suzuki of that capacity.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I test rode one of them back to back with the FJ1200 back in the late 80's and there was no contest where my money was going.

Wrong Suzuki, the RF came out mid '90's. You might mean that big 1100 thing they made with the posh screen?

A100man wrote:
They seem highly underrated and thus will be valued in peanuts

Dunno if underrated is the word, more like the lame duck of the genre. Big bore sport tourer in the mid '90's..... ZZR1100, as you can now pick them up for peanuts it still leaves the RF900 to me a pretty unattractive option. The 600 version I'd rather a VFR750 or ZZR600.

Still if OP can get it for peanuts it's something to play with.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Was the RF900 engine developed specifically for that bike? I can't think of another Suzuki of that capacity.

I believe it's a downsized and gimped GSXR1100 lump

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back injury due to training. In whatever large muscle runs down at the side below the lats. I get the feeling this one is going to take some time to heal, and I'm having to be careful how I move so as not to aggravate it too much Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Wrong Suzuki, the RF came out mid '90's. You might mean that big 1100 thing they made with the posh screen?

Ah, yes you are right, It must have been the GSX1100F I rode then.

I've just looked up the RF900 and it's not the bike I was thinking it was.

Senility rules ok!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold garage, low light, numb fingers and battery terminal bolts that, surprisingly, aren't magnetic. I've never changed a battery even on warm days without needing the magnet-on-a-stick tool to retrieve dropped bolts. Pretty sure I've got a stash of old, steel bolts somewhere...

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
battery terminal bolts that, surprisingly, aren't magnetic

? They're zinc-coated brass as far as I know!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiny as it is Steel isn't really that good a conductor, relative to Copper.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 643, 644, 645 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 644 of 698