Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 644, 645, 646 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bolts on the terminal just need to keep the leads in contact with the battery terminals, so non-conducting material would probably do it. I found the Vaseline tin of old battery bolts and confirmed they're magnetic. This latest battery is the same make (Yuasa) and size but is 11Ah instead of the stock 8Ah (thanks to Jaffa for the steer). The battery terminals look like shiny brass instead of flat grey, and the bolts are non-magnetic. Wouldn't brass crossheads be too soft?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

reavsie
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Back injury due to training. In whatever large muscle runs down at the side below the lats. I get the feeling this one is going to take some time to heal, and I'm having to be careful how I move so as not to aggravate it too much Rolling Eyes

I would highly recommend the Starr Rehab Protocol for recovery from training injuries: https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/rehab-muscle-strains-tears/

I've used it a couple of times myself and found it to work very well.

Funnily enough, I'm recovering from a similar injury. Same area, which I think may be obliques, or at least part of the "core" muscles protecting abdomen/spine. Hurts like hell while stood up or walking, but doesn't bother me while training.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

reavsie wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Back injury due to training. In whatever large muscle runs down at the side below the lats. I get the feeling this one is going to take some time to heal, and I'm having to be careful how I move so as not to aggravate it too much Rolling Eyes

I would highly recommend the Starr Rehab Protocol for recovery from training injuries: https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/rehab-muscle-strains-tears/

I've used it a couple of times myself and found it to work very well.

Funnily enough, I'm recovering from a similar injury. Same area, which I think may be obliques, or at least part of the "core" muscles protecting abdomen/spine. Hurts like hell while stood up or walking, but doesn't bother me while training.

Yes, at first I thought spinal erectors, but then realised the pain seemed more towards the outside of my 'core', so I suspect obliques. It happened whilst doing an exercise on one side, and the injury is on the opposite side, so suggests to me a strain caused as a result of a stabiliser effect. I did push through and finish my session, as the exercises I wanted to complete didn't stress that area too much.

Took painkillers last night when it was quite bad, but felt a lot better this morning, and has only been a low level 'niggle' today.

Thanks for the link - I'll maybe give that a try starting tomorrow - low weight, high reps, slowly increasing weight again over a few sessions Thumbs Up
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
JackButler This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:30 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Poke me with a sharp stick, but it seems the resident BCF gobshoites think they have a bad back due to some 'Hollywood' fantasy that they have surrounding their imaginery pumping of iron & generally thinking they Garth.

The only thing I can think to ask is : "now that you're an idle bastard & a burden upon our welfare state, how are you going to pay all that back to us hard working tax paying folk?

Chickenstrip is ex raf and gets by in his well deserved pension.

Now how about you fuck off and take your hate somewhere else, theres a good chap.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Poke me with a sharp stick

There are some places I wouldn't even poke the ferrule of my umbrella Wink
So as long as you're picking up the bill for my extravagant lifestyle, I'll leave you unmolested. Keep up the good work Thumbs Up Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
JackButler wrote:
Poke me with a sharp stick, but it seems the resident BCF gobshoites think they have a bad back due to some 'Hollywood' fantasy that they have surrounding their imaginery pumping of iron & generally thinking they Garth.

The only thing I can think to ask is : "now that you're an idle bastard & a burden upon our welfare state, how are you going to pay all that back to us hard working tax paying folk?

Chickenstrip is ex raf and gets by in his well deserved pension.

Now how about you fuck off and take your hate somewhere else, theres a good chap.

He's gone from mildly amusing to an utter cockwomble. I wonder if his missus has run off with Donk?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
There are some places I wouldn't even poke the ferrule of my umbrella Wink

I have used the sharp stick for you.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a puncture while driving home tonight.

The (almost new) tyre is completely destroyed and I'm hoping the alloy is ok.

I had to call Autoaid (highly recommend them) because I couldn't loosen the air-gunned on wheel nuts!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:40 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
some 'Hollywood' fantasy that they have surrounding their imaginery pumping of iron & generally thinking they Garth.

Who's Gareth?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
JackButler wrote:
some 'Hollywood' fantasy that they have surrounding their imaginery pumping of iron & generally thinking they Garth.

Who's Gareth?

Garth (not Gareth) ... isn't that the guy from Wayne's World?
Although Garth/LiveWire in the DC comics is kind of cute.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gears are ground by the fact that one of the people who noticed I was losing weight was the pervy rastaman who lives round the corner. He was openly letching at me, and I would reject his advances except that half the time I can never understand what he's saying, his accent is so strong. Rolling Eyes

Also (2nd grinding in one morning), the cleaner appears to have permanently changed her day to Monday and I forgot, until she texted me to ask what time to come over. So now I have to go out for two hours Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
JackButler wrote:

Who's Gareth?
Garth was a large framed chap from a newspaper cartoon. He's probably still going in some paper or other, he would be about 82 now.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 30 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've rather wiped myself out, wages-wise already Laughing
And all the rest of the bills come out tomorrow, on the first of the month Laughing Laughing

Oh dear.
Ah, never mind.
Something will turn up eventually.

And besides, I've got an Ocado order coming, and one from Asda (or is it Waitrose) tomorrow as well, I think.

I think it was those lipsticks tipped me over the edge Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 01 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adverts for charities at Christmas. As an example I was eating my lunch today to be confronted with a very wonky donkey on the telly, and according to the advert narrator the worst thing you can do to a donkey isn't to break its back, it is to 'break its heart'.

Now, I am no Joseph Mengele, but even I can thing of worse things to do to a donkey than that. My immediate thought was putting it in an oversized frying-pan on a high heat... Evil or Very Mad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 01 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Oh dear.
Ah, never mind.

You are Mrs Micawber and I claim my £5. Razz

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 01 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've rather wiped myself out, wages-wise already Laughing
And all the rest of the bills come out tomorrow, on the first of the month Laughing Laughing

Oh dear.
Ah, never mind.

And besides, I've got an Ocado order coming, and one from Asda (or is it Waitrose) tomorrow as well, I think.

I think it was those lipsticks tipped me over the edge Laughing

If only you'd included the link to your gofundme/justgiving page...

Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 01 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Adverts for charities at Christmas. As an example I was eating my lunch today to be confronted with a very wonky donkey on the telly, and according to the advert narrator the worst thing you can do to a donkey isn't to break its back, it is to 'break its heart'.

Now, I am no Joseph Mengele, but even I can thing of worse things to do to a donkey than that. My immediate thought was putting it in an oversized frying-pan on a high heat... Evil or Very Mad

Wonky Donkey

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 01 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

I bet it was you who burnt down that shrine to our Adam.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 01 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Or... https://youtu.be/TUzkWF7AVZI

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:05 - 02 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
JackButler wrote:

I bet it was you who burnt down that shrine to our Adam.

Funnily enough, I know it wasnt him....

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:51 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today. Every fucking thing. Everything I have touched has turned to shite.

Job 1: Unpack new petrol tank (from India) and apply POR15 to inside. Oh, it's in primer already, that's handy. Oh wait, there's primer on the inside too, perhaps it's fuel proof? ...Nope. Now have to strip the INSIDE of the new tank.

Job 2: finish Mrs stinkwheels CBR600 flat bar conversion. All missing parts ordered so fit the screen with new wellnuts, sticky pads for the heated grip controller, terminals to extend the horn wire. Ok, test it. Won't run properly. ffs, this seems like fuel starvation.

Whip the tank off to check tap, filters etc and to get at the foat bowl drains and it starts pissing fuel from the fuel line next to the tap. In fact, it's split. Cut it back and it's still leaking. The lining is all cracked. presumably ethanol damage. And it's got a 90 degree preformed bend. Oh, and great, it also changes diameter (8mm at tank end, 10mm at filter end) so using some of the metres of standard fuel line I already have isn't an option.

Found the issue thought, the points on the fuel pump were stuck together, easy fix but now that bike is sat in bits.

Job 3: Fit the new facet fuel pump to the VFR. FFS ordered the wrong size hose-tails. It also won't fit under the plastics where I thought I could put it so instead of having two 90 degree fittings, I'll need to have one straight and take the other through 180 degrees. And they are NPT threads so none of my fittings will fit. Bike now sat in bits.

So I now have three bikes sat in bits and an waiting for parts where I should have had two working/fixed and be waiting for the liner to dry on the new tank. It's looking like the paint they used doesn't dissolve in caustic either ffs!

EDIT:

Job 4: Make dinner. Chilli con-carne. Accidentally picked up a nagalah instead of an orange habanero and made a pan something that looks like food but with all the flavour and mouth feel of magma.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather was a member of Mackworth church, sang in the choir wrote a book on the place. Campained to stop it being turned into a house.

Various family members married and christened there.

Grandad laid to rest there.

Some cunt burned it to the ground last night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Accidentally picked up a nagalah instead of an orange habanero

Don't you just hate it when that happens? Confused

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
My grandfather was a member of Mackworth church, sang in the choir wrote a book on the place. Campained to stop it being turned into a house.

Various family members married and christened there.

Grandad laid to rest there.

Some cunt burned it to the ground last night.

An old developers trick.

I hate those cvnts with a vengeance. A beautiful grade something listed canal side pub in Marsworth was bought by developers and is just left to rot until it's beyond repair and then they will pull it down and build a block of flats. Evil or Very Mad

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/CC3Y56/the-white-lion-pub-at-marsworth-lock-grand-union-canal-bucks-uk-CC3Y56.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 644, 645, 646 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 645 of 698