Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

By where I live there are a lot of Pub fires, just when developers want to build there, The other trick is to say that you are renovating the building and it falls down because of some structural fault, these are with walls two foot thick and have been fine for 200 years as are the building built at the same time. You can put bets on it each time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:41 - 06 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Accidentally picked up a nagalah instead of an orange habanero

Don't you just hate it when that happens? Confused

Yes, it can be quite unpleasant.

On the plus side, while the paint on my tank doesn't dissolve in caustic, it DOES dissolve in acetone. On the minus side, I now have to dissolve it in acetone.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 06 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Yes, it can be quite unpleasant.

On the plus side, while the paint on my tank doesn't dissolve in caustic, it DOES dissolve in acetone. On the minus side, I now have to dissolve it in acetone.

Your chilli con-carne would probably do the job with ease. Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 06 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided I ought to be using rechargeable AA batteries in the PIR lamps I've got scattered about the garage but Tesco have removed them from the shelves. Is this because it's the run up to Christmas and they want to sell lots of non-rechargeables? I think it might be.

(I use Panasonic Eneloop Pro in the trail cameras but any old NiMH batteries should be ok for the garage lights.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 06 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
By where I live there are a lot of Pub fires, just when developers want to build there, The other trick is to say that you are renovating the building and it falls down because of some structural fault, these are with walls two foot thick and have been fine for 200 years as are the building built at the same time. You can put bets on it each time.

I always felt there was something wrong with this incident:
https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/18651199.old-bell-wooburn-may-not-able-reopen-august-24-audi-crash/

Happened during the first lockdown, and the driver fled and was never identified.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 06 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to wrap presents, tried carrying too much down the stairs. Sisters scented candle toppled off the pile and went bounce bounce bounce smash.

So there's glass every where but it does smell nice.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 07 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Unless the building is Listed or in a Conservation Area, there is nothing stopping someone demolishing a building legitimately in this country to clear a site for redevelopment. All you need to do is serve the local Council with Section 80 Demolition Notice to agree the method. The vast majority of buildings in England are neither Listed nor in a Conservation Area...

Where a building is in poor condition, it is usually in a developer's best interests to keep it up as a bargaining chip during the planning application process.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fingers are still numb from this morning's intrepid ride home. I must have been closer to frostbite than I realised.
I really do need to go and find some sensible winter gloves that work but are thin enough so that I can still grip the snarley controls properly.

Or maybe I should just give up and come indoors for the winter Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:53 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fit bar muffs.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I really do need to go and find some sensible winter gloves that work but are thin enough so that I can still grip the snarley controls properly.

All comes down to how long you're on the road for and at what speeds, IMO (motorway v town riding etc).

Rukka Virium and heated gloves worked for me on the foggy 1-3 degree commute without issue, but I do have some oxfraud handguards fitted (although unsure how effective they are on this bike due to set-up).

RST Thermotech gloves would have been my recommendation alongside heated grips, but SBS and J&S look to have stopped them (or I'm just blind).

Its a endless tail chase costing much fortune, in truth.

As above muffs, of course, but all personal preference.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Fite! bar muffs.

Well yes it's that annual tradition. Do you put a pound of liver in yours, to keep your skills sharpened when off duty?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bar muffs and heated grips FTW!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:13 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Bar muffs and heated grips FTW!

When you get to my age heated seats on top of that is a godsend. Thumbs Up

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
My fingers are still numb from this morning's intrepid ride home. I must have been closer to frostbite than I realised.

Or maybe I should just give up and come indoors for the winter Laughing
I have three levels of glove depending on temperature/time of year.

April to November, motocross flimsy types.

December to January old pair of grey leather Luftwaffe pilot's gloves with holes in the fingers. Very hard to get hold of now, I own about 5 pairs but always use the ones with holes in.

February to February (what I call true cold season), a pair of those weird 2 fingered Spock Salute Pathan gloves. For some unknown reason these work best with heated grips, to the point where I have to turn them down to a low setting or my hands get too hot.

March to April, mixture of the motocross and grey holey gloves depending on motorway or around town riding.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:33 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It boils my piss. It really boils my piss.

I live amongst some glorious countryside that suffers the fools of very many organisations that fink they know better as to how that glorious countryside should be managed.

It wouldn't boil my piss as much if they simply acknowledged the fact that I was born here, I have lived here most of my life & I walked this land holding my grandfathers hand while I listened to his wisdom that was passed down from his grandpa?

They want me to rip out the fences & barriers between my woodland & wetland?

They once read, in their self written books of best practice, that this approach might promote an environment that encompasse's both habitats & therefore promote a transitional harmony between those 2 very distinct habitats.

Do they even know just how much of a gobshoite they are outside of the narrow world thet inhabit?????

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:22 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

I live amongst some glorious countryside that suffers the fools of very many organisations that fink they know better as to how that glorious countryside should be managed.

It wouldn't boil my piss as much if they simply acknowledged the fact that I was born here, I have lived here most of my life & I walked this land holding my grandfathers hand while I listened to his wisdom that was passed down from his grandpa?

They once read, in their self written books of best practice, that this approach might promote an environment that encompasse's both habitats & therefore promote a transitional harmony between those 2 very distinct habitats.

Do they even know just how much of a gobshoite they are outside of the narrow world thet inhabit?????

Calm yourself. Nursey will be along with your antipsychotics shortly.

The two aren't distinct, they are part of an ecosystem that are intrinsically linked.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:28 - 08 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional: 32 acres?

For someone who says you have so much you have the same level of rage as a useless racist who cant get jobseekers allowance because they cant even apply for a job.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustration, anger and disappointment about life isn't just relevant to one sector of society.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrated fridge/freezer in the kitchen is on the blink. It has been for about 6 months, I've already taken it out and checked for the obvious easy wins and still can't get it to cool below 11 deg C. It's not the thermostat either, it definitely thinks it needs to cool more, it just can't. It's a cheapo one fitted by the previous owners so I shouldn't be that surprised to be honest. To add to the misery, the combination of dimensions and split (to match the exterior doors) is an odd one, meaning available replacements are very expensive. Think I'm going to utilise the corner of the kitchen for a freestanding one and turn the existing space into a cupboard instead. Integrated appliances . . . urgh, hateful things; in my (limited) experience seem to be a case of form over function.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Integrated appliances . . . urgh, hateful things; in my (limited) experience seem to be a case of form over function.

Thumbs Up And they are hideously expensive despite being no better quality than the equivalent free-standing machines, and despite being provided without an outer casing Rolling Eyes

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Integrated fridge/freezer in the kitchen is on the blink. It has been for about 6 months, I've already taken it out and checked for the obvious easy wins and still can't get it to cool below 11 deg C. It's not the thermostat either, it definitely thinks it needs to cool more, it just can't. It's a cheapo one fitted by the previous owners so I shouldn't be that surprised to be honest. To add to the misery, the combination of dimensions and split (to match the exterior doors) is an odd one, meaning available replacements are very expensive. Think I'm going to utilise the corner of the kitchen for a freestanding one and turn the existing space into a cupboard instead. Integrated appliances . . . urgh, hateful things; in my (limited) experience seem to be a case of form over function.

Fridges/freezers need to vent warm air or they die prematurely. Building them into a cupboard is plain stupid - not your doing I appreciate.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
ThunderGuts wrote:
Integrated appliances . . . urgh, hateful things; in my (limited) experience seem to be a case of form over function.

Thumbs Up And they are hideously expensive despite being no better quality than the equivalent free-standing machines, and despite being provided without an outer casing Rolling Eyes

Its just that they are *neater*, cleaner, more easy to box into a specified lifestyle, to homogenise everything, "look how nice and perfect this is".
Familiar theme.

I just get irritated when I can't work out (or remember) behind which particular door an item is. Mad

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the relatively poor design of the kitchen on the whole, the previous owners did at least incorporate a good space behind the unit, allowing intake of air underneath and exhaust above, but even so it's still a bit naff. They also seem very inefficient with space, although I can't actually work out why - a freestanding seems to have a lot less dead volume, but the integrated one has a relatively narrow freezer section compared with the external dimensions, plus a significant blank area between the fridge and freezer sections. Gubbins perhaps located elsewhere on a freestanding unit.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 09 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Additional: 32 acres?

For someone who says you have so much you have the same level of rage as a useless racist who cant get jobseekers allowance because they cant even apply for a job.

Plus still waiting for the custard on those bikes.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:12 - 10 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
JackButler wrote:

Calm yourself. Nursey will be along with your antipsychotics shortly.

The two aren't distinct, they are part of an ecosystem that are intrinsically linked.

Although in fairness, it's hard to think of any wildlife that would inhabit a UK wetland or woodland that would bother much about any sort of normal fence.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 646 of 698